Cincinnati/Columbus Dynamic Duo

Steampunklibrarian

Thanks for the reply. That is how I interpreted it when I first read it. Looking at it again, I wasn't so sure and I was starting to get a sinking feeling that the orders wouldn't go through.

I bought the tickets when I was at work and I was a little distracted, so I ended up with an extra set of tickets for the Cinci show. (I pulled the first set, tried to pull better, then bought both). Usually, I have much better ticket buying skills. Anyway, I have an extra set of tickets for Cinci if anyone is interested: 2 tickets, section 112, row O, selling at cost.

Hi BrokenSoul,

I maybe a little late asking, but do your Cinci tickets still stand? I was only able to snag section 108 during pre-sale. If I'm reading the seating chart, section 112 is wayyy closer to the stage.

Let me know.

LD

Well, of course that! :). I was thinking about just staying on Sunday for the day, and leaving that night. :). But... we'll have to make plans. i'm thinking maybe a stop to the zoo! bahah. :chuckle:

Ah, I was thinking about visiting the zoo as well! But hey, whatever. A Muser meet-up anywhere will be cool.

• 2 weeks later...
Ah! I'm in on both! :). Does anyone know of anything to really do in Cincinnati?
Living in Cincinnati for all these earth years finally pays off when I can give advice to visitors! :)

The Cincinnati Zoo is most excellent, but not knowing the weather that November weekend it might be a bit of a questionable suggestion. As far as "happening" things to do in the City, there's not really a lot of super popular options. There's some very good grub in downtown Cincinnati (Terry's Turf Club, the Precinct, Shanghai Mama's) , but the bars tend to be "ok" and as far as entertainment goes, if there's not a sporting or major event in town it can be zzzzz city.

However, across the Ohio river from the city is Newport, KY, which is home "Newport on the Levee". It is the area that has the Newport Aquarium, AMC Movie Theaters, A Bowling Alley (just opened a month ago) and an Arcade (Gameworks) with a ton of restaurants and bars all within walking distance to downtown Cincinnati across what locals call "the Purple People Bridge", so that is a popular area just about every weekend.

I've made a little map to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I've circled some cool things to check out, where to park, the distance you'll walk from there to the concert venue, etc. Personal favorites being the Hoffbrauhaus (authentic German/Austrian food and beer) and the Southgate House, which is a great concert venue and historic building in the area. Most nights you can walk in the venue for free if there's no one else playing, or there might be some local guitarist playing for free in the lounge area.

2nak2mb.jpg

So if the weather is decent I recommend parking on the Kentucky side of the river for pretty cheap next to the Levee and walk across the bridge, rather than pay $5-10+ to park downtown Cincy. And then after the show, walking back to where there's plenty of food and entertainment options might make an even greater night out of it! If you don't feel like walking over or if the weather is crappy you can always hop on a bus that will take you to a block or two away from the US Bank Arena for like a dollar and change.

We were really hoping for a home Bengals game on Sunday:LOL:( yes, we are huge Bengals fans:D), but that is the weekend they play on Monday night:( Oh well, I dont think I could handle seeing Muse twice and a Bengals game all in one weekend. :p
Ha! Yeah, that would be mindblowing... I might have to do this! Thanks for suggesting it! ;)

I'm going to cross post it a few places, but I do have one extra ticket that I'm willing to let go at $10 below cost. Section 102, row C. So if you're going solo and haven't bought a ticket, you can contact me via private message here and we can chat. :)

Living in Cincinnati for all these earth years finally pays off when I can give advice to visitors! :)

The Cincinnati Zoo is most excellent, but not knowing the weather that November weekend it might be a bit of a questionable suggestion. As far as "happening" things to do in the City, there's not really a lot of super popular options. There's some very good grub in downtown Cincinnati (Terry's Turf Club, the Precinct, Shanghai Mama's) , but the bars tend to be "ok" and as far as entertainment goes, if there's not a sporting or major event in town it can be zzzzz city.

However, across the Ohio river from the city is Newport, KY, which is home "Newport on the Levee". It is the area that has the Newport Aquarium, AMC Movie Theaters, A Bowling Alley (just opened a month ago) and an Arcade (Gameworks) with a ton of restaurants and bars all within walking distance to downtown Cincinnati across what locals call "the Purple People Bridge", so that is a popular area just about every weekend.

I've made a little map to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I've circled some cool things to check out, where to park, the distance you'll walk from there to the concert venue, etc. Personal favorites being the Hoffbrauhaus (authentic German/Austrian food and beer) and the Southgate House, which is a great concert venue and historic building in the area. Most nights you can walk in the venue for free if there's no one else playing, or there might be some local guitarist playing for free in the lounge area.

2nak2mb.jpg

So if the weather is decent I recommend parking on the Kentucky side of the river for pretty cheap next to the Levee and walk across the bridge, rather than pay $5-10+ to park downtown Cincy. And then after the show, walking back to where there's plenty of food and entertainment options might make an even greater night out of it! If you don't feel like walking over or if the weather is crappy you can always hop on a bus that will take you to a block or two away from the US Bank Arena for like a dollar and change.

Ha! Yeah, that would be mindblowing... I might have to do this! Thanks for suggesting it! ;)

Thanks for the tips. I'd really like to check out the zoo and botanical gardens. Have heard good things about them. But yeah, the weather could put a damper on that idea being that it'll be November. I've booked a room at the Hyatt, which seems plenty close to walk to the arena. No need to pay any additional fees for parking that way.

Thanks for the tips. I'd really like to check out the zoo and botanical gardens. Have heard good things about them. But yeah, the weather could put a damper on that idea being that it'll be November. I've booked a room at the Hyatt, which seems plenty close to walk to the arena. No need to pay any additional fees for parking that way.
Very smart thinking there! :) When we get closer to the date there should be more discussions about what/where/etc. to do in the area. There's a lot of really nice parks on both the Ohio and Kentucky sides of the river as well, again, if the weather isn't shite. Enjoy your stay!

I just found this thread. I've been on the Columbus and the Cincinnati ones; it makes sense to have them together here on one page. So, I know the Hyatt seems to be the place to stay Sat. night. Where is everyone staying Friday night in Columbus? Hopefully, it will have a LATE check-out time:LOL:.

Very smart thinking there! :) When we get closer to the date there should be more discussions about what/where/etc. to do in the area. There's a lot of really nice parks on both the Ohio and Kentucky sides of the river as well, again, if the weather isn't shite. Enjoy your stay!

Wow, that map is great! Thank you for putting that on here, with the things to do and places to see added! I love that we won't all need to get in cars after the show...but we'll still cross a river into another state (reminds of the time I walked from Finland into Sweden...years ago....sigh....) Maybe we should be thinking...where would Matt, etc., want to go after their show???? That area across the river in KY, with the German place, and the bowling alley, that sure does sound fun. And I think we'll all be HUNGRY after the show.

See y'all in 6 months!

Wow, that map is great! Thank you for putting that on here, with the things to do and places to see added! I love that we won't all need to get in cars after the show...but we'll still cross a river into another state (reminds of the time I walked from Finland into Sweden...years ago....sigh....) Maybe we should be thinking...where would Matt, etc., want to go after their show????

That map is great! We usually park in KY for Bengals games and walk across the river, its a really fun walk.

where would Matt go? hmmm probably somewhere to get away from us crazy fans:LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

aaaggghhhhh!!! the dates changed! well, at least they aren't canceled, it looks like a Monday and Tuesday now?? (I might have to take my daughter out of school on Tue and maybe Wed?? ) for anyone trying to book a hotel in Columbus...the Quarter Horse Congress is going on then and its usually hard to get a room, so you'd better book fast!

guess what? we get to see Muse sooner!

aaaggghhhhh!!! the dates changed!

for anyone trying to book a hotel in Columbus...the Quarter Horse Congress is going on then and its usually hard to get a room, so you'd better book fast!

Thanks for the hotel tip.

Dang it! My daughters' birthdays are Oct. 7 and Oct. 13, and that is usually a busy time for us. It will NOT go over well with kids and dad that I'll be gone (like, seriously gone into another dimension!) right in the middle of all that. I don't want to tell them about this. And I still haven't told them about the Sacramento trip.:(

Archived