This was my first Muse show, and I can say that i was seriously blown away. Their musicality and stage presence were soo intense, it felt as if all my senses were being raped by their awesomeness! *Its been almost 24hours since the show and I still can't hear out of my right ear*

I was unfortunately able to witness the man who fell down before the MUSE set. I felt so bad for him, especially that it occurred literally minutes before they came on stage. From what I saw, he was walking down the steps holding 2 drinks when a woman, who was hunched over and looked drunk leaned into the staircase and took out his legs from under him. Saw the drinks fly, the faceplant into the concrete, and his unconscious body sliding down about 10 flights of stairs. Sucks so much that a person had to miss such an amazing show due to the carelessness of another.

On a brighter note, i snagged one of those giant inflatable eyeballs that fell from the ceiling and gave it to my girlfriend (who was standing next to me). She was so excited that she got such an awesome item to remember such an amazing show.

I'm glad to hear you had such a good time, Cris :) I know how "meh" you were about your last show. I thought of you as soon as I saw the Star Spangled Banner intro was played :D You got your wish!

Hey Ducky, almost 24 hours later I'm still feeling it. I woke up with sore muscles (not a surprise!) and now a sore throat... I think the high mixed with exhaustion is making me sick, but IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!! :awesome:

I hope they keep the energy and random changes to the setlist alive by the time they get to my show!

It was a phenomenal show! Even the cheesy GL wasn't that bad live. It was my second time, and you just have to accept it and join the over the top cheese. That's the only way. :yesey:

RBS was just :eek::eek: It was also my second time, but it was still a shock.

Oh yeah... I filmed the SS Banner.... My camera records horrible audio, but it was still EPIC!

Uploading pics in the next few seconds....

Woah woah woah woah woah wait. Where? Was he backstage? He surely wasn't in GA or seats.

He was in GA. When I was in the front, the far left near the entry to backstage area, he and his wife/girlfriend came out and were standing there. Then they left. Later when I went to stand in the back I saw him in their sound mixing area standing next to Muse's tour manager.

Did anyone stick around to see if the guys came out after the gig?/QUOTE]

They left literally 10 minutes after the gig ended. I went outside and saw people looking down at their tourbus area, and I saw Dom wave and he got in the car and drove off.

how was the crowd during the show, specifically on the floor? was there a good amount of "muse moshing" / jumping around , etc or was the majority of the floor standing still and taking blurry photos with their silly digital cameras ?

The pit was absolutely awesome! Tons of jumping and fists in the air. Everyone respected eachothers space so there was no one being crushed. CRAZY AMOUNTS OF ENERGY IN THE PIT.

A few drunken bimbos and the occasional "bro" trying to start a circlepit, but security handled those idiots quick and decisively

Hey Ducky, almost 24 hours later I'm still feeling it. I woke up with sore muscles (not a surprise!) and now a sore throat... I think the high mixed with exhaustion is making me sick, but IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!! :awesome:

It was a phenomenal show! Even the cheesy GL wasn't that that bad live. It was my second time, and you just have to accept it and join the over the top cheese. That's the only way. :yesey:

RBS was just :eek::eek: It was also my second time, but it was still a shock.

Oh yeah... I filmed the SS Banner.... My camera records horrible audio, but still it was still EPIC!

Uploading pics in the next few seconds....

Sorry to hear you're feeling sick! I feel your pain - I'm still not over my post-wembley muse cold :rolleyes:

I actually like GL :$ so I haven't minded it (not that I'd weep if it were missing). I love singing along loudly with it in the car, I think it's fun. I'm hoping we get RBS because I'd like to see it again. Wembley is all such a blur I don't even really remember it...

But anyway, yay for a great gig! Can't wait to see your pics :D

EDIT: oh look, pics! :$

Chris is bald again :pope:

The pit was absolutely awesome! Tons of jumping and fists in the air. Everyone respected eachothers space so there was no one being crushed. CRAZY AMOUNTS OF ENERGY IN THE PIT.

A few drunken bimbos and the occasional "bro" trying to start a circlepit, but security handled those idiots quick and decisively

I agree with that. The crowd didn't get violent but had very good energy. During New Born and PiB it intensified and pushing started, but it was still manageable. It became more intense during SS but still wasn't that bad.

One girl pushed me sideways to try to squeeze herself to the barrier, but that made me mad, and after that she couldn't gain even a inch from me.

During Man with a Harmonica Matt was spinning the silver amp reflecting off the light. Is that what he does at every show? It was :awesome:

Sorry to hear you're feeling sick! I feel your pain - I'm still not over my post-wembley muse cold :rolleyes:

Sorry I wasn't following your epic Wembley trip. :$ I wanted to save myself for this gig and not spoil it.

I actually like GL :$ so I haven't minded it (not that I'd weep if it were missing). I love singing along loudly with it in the car, I think it's fun. I'm hoping we get RBS because I'd like to see it again. Wembley is all such a blur I don't even really remember it...

The GL guitar solo is pretty awesome live. That song makes me laugh knowing Matt is giving it to us.

But anyway, yay for a great gig! Can't wait to see your pics :D

EDIT: oh look, pics! :$

Chris is bald again :pope:

Yup, it was very shiny... and I was blinded by the lights reflected off his head. :LOL:

Hi all, nice to have seen some familiar faces last night. :) Haven't posted in here in forever, but did want to agree with others that the show was amazing. Also am happy to see the note that the guy that fell only had fairly minor injuries. A broken nose, etc is a bummer but I saw the fall as well and I really thought he was far more hurt than that. :(

Great pics Cris! So glad we ended up where we did!

Here is my one video that turned out decent. I also recorded RBS but from where we were I was looking straight up at Matt and though the audio is good the video part is crap. I will post it though once it finishes rendering all the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkVCtkuuc6o&hd=1

how many songs were they on the towers for the whole song? i'm trying to determine how close I should get to the stage

Assuming it's the same as the spring, they do 5 full songs on the towers then 2 are partially on the towers.

You can see pretty well when they're on the towers even if you're at the barrier. The only time I had trouble seeing was at the one show where I was far to Matt's left. I had no problems seeing Chris or Dom and could see the top of Matt when he was standing but when he was at the piano on the tower I could barely see him at all. I'm really short (5'1"), so someone who is taller might have an even easier time seeing.

I agree with that. The crowd didn't get violent but had very good energy. During New Born and PiB it intensified and pushing started, but it was still manageable. It became more intense during SS but still wasn't that bad.

One girl pushed me sideways to squeeze herself to the barrier, but that made me mad, and after that she couldn't gain even a inch from me.

During Man with a Harmonica Matt was spinning the silver amp reflecting off the light. Is that what he does at every show? It was :awesome:

Yeah, he's been doing that. It's fun :D He gets the silliest grin on his face :D

He was in GA. When I was in the front, the far left near the entry to backstage area, he and his wife/girlfriend came out and were standing there. Then they left. Later when I went to stand in the back I saw him in their sound mixing area standing next to Muse's tour manager.

Did anyone stick around to see if the guys came out after the gig?/QUOTE]

They left literally 10 minutes after the gig ended. I went outside and saw people looking down at their tourbus area, and I saw Dom wave and he got in the car and drove off.

Thanks! now I don't feel bad about going to in n out instead of the usual stalking.

Here is my one video that turned out decent. I also recorded RBS but from where we were I was looking straight up at Matt and though the audio is good the video part is crap. I will post it though once it finishes rendering all the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkVCtkuuc6o&hd=1

What a great taping job! Enjoyed that very much. Probably the most 'close up' vid I've seen. Felt like I was there. Thank you and looking forward to the next ones!

One girl pushed me sideways to try to squeeze herself to the barrier, but that made me mad, and after that she couldn't gain even a inch from me.

It was hilarious when his sparkling arse caught the light; I was completely blinded. I'd pay $20 to anyone who could moon me better than that.

well first post here and first muse show. Simply put Ive seen quite a few concerts over the years and this has gotta be one of if not the best (maybe right above RHCP for the best). It was just epic in scale and sound and just rockin out. It was really refreshing to go to a band that played such a good show you felt like you got your moneys worth and more. Last show I went to was NIN and I felt so ripped off, like 10 songs, horrible sound, whatever it was bad. Anyways they played a lot of my fave muse songs, we sat right to the left of the stage if facing, pretty low so when matt went up on the side single stages he was f'ing close! was awesome. Wish I could see them more, don't think ill see anything compared to it for awhile. My respect and how i guess i put muse in my band "rankings" just jumped a whole bunch. Nothing like seeing an awesome band perform live and just kick ass! Also love how sdsu arena isn't that big makes every seat feel so good.

Archived