I'm so excited - I'm from England but I'm moving to Virginia in August, just missing their Wembley show, and I thought I wasn't gonna get to see them. I'm gonna try and get tickets, but I'm not exactly sure how I'm gonna get to the venue yet :p. Me and a friend would be coming from Williamsburg, but neither of us will have a car. Anyone else going that way? x

Hey I live in Williamsburg! I can't tell you for certain if I can give you a ride at the moment, but as the day approaches I might be able to help you out.

Could you please explain this? Thanks!

Sad story short: Morgan Harrington was a Va Tech student who disappeared from a Metallica concert at JPJ. Her remains were found on a farm outside Cville earlier this year. Some say that she went outside of JPJ for whatever reason but wasn't allowed re-entry. She told friends she'd find her way back but never showed up.

There have been some discussions about updating JPJ security and/or policies. I don't know if it'll effect this show.

But I'm also not going to be a lone female going on my own, which I know is crazy talk, but just be happy and safe.

Sad story short: Morgan Harrington was a Va Tech student who disappeared from a Metallica concert at JPJ. Her remains were found on a farm outside Cville earlier this year. Some say that she went outside of JPJ for whatever reason but wasn't allowed re-entry. She told friends she'd find her way back but never showed up.

There have been some discussions about updating JPJ security and/or policies. I don't know if it'll effect this show.

But I'm also not going to be a lone female going on my own, which I know is crazy talk, but just be happy and safe.

Oh, I remember reading about that; I didn't realize exactly where it happened. Is that a dodgy area? (Thanks for the explanation.)

Yeah, I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it - my mother is probably going to freak out when she finds out about this show. I bet if I say "concert at UVA" the first words she'll say are "Isn't that where the girl was killed at the Metallica show?!"

Think the ticket price could mean no towers? Are there any other dates that have prices yet?

I do hope they leave the towers at home. Restricts movement too much.

I didn't realize that this being the only east coast date will mean everyone trying to get tix. Now I'm worried...:unsure:

I do hope they leave the towers at home. Restricts movement too much.

I didn't realize that this being the only east coast date will mean everyone trying to get tix. Now I'm worried...:unsure:

Yeah, that's been my thinking and my worry - i really hope we get wind of some more east coast dates before the presale so people from all over aren't trying to get these tickets "just in case"!

OMG Metric, now I really must go! Seriously, posted this in the other thread, but is anyone from the DC area going? I really want to go, but as a student at American University I don't have a car. Ride please? I'll help pay for gas or something! Help me!

Well, I'm planning to motor down there from Delawhere and wouldn't mind grabbing another Muser or two on the way. Only thing I can warn you of is we may have some weird travel hours due to my assbackwards job. I.e., I could be leaving at midnight the night before!!!:p But I'm planning on buying tickets and would be glad to share rides.

Yeah, that's been my thinking and my worry - i really hope we get wind of some more east coast dates before the presale so people from all over aren't trying to get these tickets "just in case"!

On the bright side of that, though, if you don't get tickets, I'd say you can probably find one on MuseBay when a bunch of people realize that there are shows in NY or Boston and decide to go to those instead.

On the bright side of that, though, if you don't get tickets, I'd say you can probably find one on MuseBay when a bunch of people realize that there are shows in NY or Boston and decide to go to those instead.

yeah, I know... but I hate to have to rely on that!

Don't mind me, though, I just get nervous about these things :unsure:

yeah, I know... but I hate to have to rely on that!

Don't mind me, though, I just get nervous about these things :unsure:

Understood, believe me ... I have massive anxiety problems, about the most minute things. But I'm GREAT at telling everyone else it will be OK.:LOL:

I'm already strategizing Wednesday. For me it's an extra challenge because I work nights and don't normally get up by 10 ... so I will be totally worried about accidentally sleeping in. Three alarm clocks, anyone?

Understood, believe me ... I have massive anxiety problems, about the most minute things. But I'm GREAT at telling everyone else it will be OK.:LOL:

I'm already strategizing Wednesday. For me it's an extra challenge because I work nights and don't normally get up by 10 ... so I will be totally worried about accidentally sleeping in. Three alarm clocks, anyone?

Yeah, i'm not usually up and ready to go by 10AM either... I probably won't be able to sleep tuesday night :rolleyes:

You know what's silly? I had such good luck last time that I'm afraid that everything is destined to go wrong this time! :noey:

You know what's silly? I had such good luck last time that I'm afraid that everything is destined to go wrong this time! :noey:

Yeah, my first and only muse gig couldn't have gone better. Now I fear I don't even know what to expect because my experience was such an outlier. :LOL:

all right.... so who else is buying tickets tomorrow :shifty: I need to know my competition :fear:

:chuckle:

I'm in the field. I plan on getting up around 9:30 to get in position, where my debit card will be waiting for me. The half-hour will allow me time to race to the nearest WiFi location if something goes awry with my network. If all else fails, we'll see if it's possible to buy tickets using a Droid.:rolleyes:

I'll be there at 10 A.M. tomorrow too. Missed the last , will NOT miss this one. "Fickle Finger" will not fail tomorrow .

Hey guys I'm currently a student at the University of Virginia and will be a grad student here next fall so I can give you a good idea about the JPJ/surrounding area.

The JPJ is a good concert arena - it's a lot of fun and very good acoustically. I love it for concerts, saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers there and it was a great concert.

As regarding the Morgan Harrington incident, it was horrifically tragic but it shouldn't make you hesitate to go. I can say that Charlottesville is a pretty safe area, especially around the JPJ. I, along with other students here, were simply shocked that something that horrible could happen on grounds (what we call the campus). Security will DEFINITELY be high though, as a result of this incident.

I CANNOT wait for Muse to come here to Charlottesville again. Since they opened for U2 here last fall, a ton of students were introduced to them and I'm sure they will have a big crowd on the 27th. Hope to see you all there! If you have any questions about the area, just let me know.

Archived