Well the marker system worked in Houston, guess there's too many assholes in Atlanta, and at least one that I know of in OKC.

:LOL: nice... You messed up. I didnt plan on getting to OKC till 3pm. I think my plans have now changed. By the way, this asshole from Tulsa, not OKC, just put a damper on the marker plan. Be sure to call the box office to see if it would have worked before you start calling me out. I'll be sure to stop by your camp, maybe tell the bums down the street your giving away food and smokes for the homeless folk.

I put my two cents in about how most people reacted seeing groups walk to the front after not being there at all the whole afternoon. If that makes me an asshole then fine. But more importantly, don't talk shit to someone on a messageboard.

Someone bring a big marker. We numbered ourselves so you could get out of line.

I've been to enough GenAdm shows and Tori Amos meet and greets over the years to see this system go from working peacefully to being a chaotic, dramatic mess.

If you're there all morning/afternoon/whatever, people will tend to remember you and will let you escape for 5 minutes to pee or get some Subway or whatever... hence, numbers are basically pointless outside of claims for entitlement. When people start designating numbers for their friends who aren't even there yet, or start leaving for HOURS at a time to sight-see the city because they have a low number written on their hand - that's when the system becomes horribly abused.

I've been to enough GenAdm shows and Tori Amos meet and greets over the years to see this system go from working peacefully to being a chaotic, dramatic mess.

If you're there all morning/afternoon/whatever, people will tend to remember you and will let you escape for 5 minutes to pee or get some Subway or whatever... hence, numbers are basically pointless outside of claims for entitlement. When people start designating numbers for their friends who aren't even there yet, or start leaving for HOURS at a time to sight-see the city because they have a low number written on their hand - that's when the system becomes horribly abused.

Well, yes, that's why I am cool with the numbers. As long as a whole group of 20 people aren't leaving for hours, then it's no big deal.

@TallMan, I'm not going to pick a fight over the messageboard, but I'd love to bump into in the pit and knock you flat on your ass you self-righteous prick. 8-9 different lines? What the hell kind of shows are you going to? I'm done arguing with you, it's like talking to an uneducated 12 year old on Xbox Live.

Well, yes, that's why I am cool with the numbers. As long as a whole group of 20 people aren't leaving for hours, then it's no big deal.

@TallMan, I'm not going to pick a fight over the messageboard, but I'd love to bump into in the pit and knock you flat on your ass you self-righteous prick. 8-9 different lines? What the hell kind of shows are you going to? I'm done arguing with you, it's like talking to an uneducated 12 year old on Xbox Live.

You wouldn't knock me down and it'll be settled before the doors open.

You ever been to the Ford Center? Guess not.

There's more than one entrance and the main entrance will have 8-9, maybe more or less, lines of people waiting to get in. I saw first hand the abuse that can come from self allotted numbers. People will leave and come back hours later to get "their" spot.

I'm educated and far from playing video games. You will get smashed. Bring your insurance card.

could even be cheaper than the gas...

Not in the slightest.

+The marker method worked pretty well at Fort Worth. Usually whoever got in line was handed the marker and given a number, thus no chaos ensued. Though, there didn't seem to be a problem with line jumpers at FW. The line really didn't get very long until a couple hours before doors opened anyways.

Stop the drama. Weren't some of you just discussing how Muse brings people together. We are going to enjoy a concert, not start a riot. That can happen while raging out to some stellar riffs. :)

My brother and I were first and second in line in Atlanta this last February and we didn't utilize the marker on our own. Management from the Gwinnett Arena came out with arm bands and put out numbers on themselves and suggested we go out and do something during the day.

From what my friends that were at Ft. Worth said is they made they system themselves, not run by arena staff. I could see how that'd be frustrating.

I would only assume GA will have a separate line and regular seats can have 8-9. That's how it was at Atlanta.

Stop bitching and be thankful that Muse is even coming to Oklahoma. :)

Stop the drama. Weren't some of you just discussing how Muse brings people together. We are going to enjoy a concert, not start a riot. That can happen while raging out to some stellar riffs. :)

My brother and I were first and second in line in Atlanta this last February and we didn't utilize the marker on our own. Management from the Gwinnett Arena came out with arm bands and put out numbers on themselves and suggested we go out and do something during the day.

From what my friends that were at Ft. Worth said is they made they system themselves, not run by arena staff. I could see how that'd be frustrating.

I would only assume GA will have a separate line and regular seats can have 8-9. That's how it was at Atlanta.

Agreed all around. Don't bring bad joojoo into this thread, everything was all fine and dandy up until a few posts ago.

Different computer, different handle....

Who's bitching? Read the thread. I didn't really give a damn in ATL that they did that. But there was a number of people that didn't see the logic. I heard alot of redhead jokes around me when the "front" came back to the line. Hell, I convinced the old lady at Gwinnett to let me in without a ticket. She was very trusting. Found the ticket in my hoodie later by the way. Fort Worth was a blur. Walked in before Muse's set and had a perfect spot on the floor. Vegas was the closest I have been to the barrier, 1 or 2 people back, for Muse. Point being, it doesnt matter if you get there at 6am or 4pm.

Exception, U2 at Cowboy Stadium, that was the longest line for GA I've seen.

I agree, there will be a seperate line for GA. Should make it easier for me or one of my friends to figure out who can't keep from calling me names. That's the only mark I'm taking on that afternoon. So yes, Muse does bring people together.

Well the marker system worked in Houston, guess there's too many assholes in Atlanta, and at least one that I know of in OKC.

It went south for me here at this point. Sorry for the "drama". Shouldn't let a mouthy boy get under my skin. I forget that only steers and queers come from Texas, and up the Chisholm Trail they come. Damn.

It went south for me here at this point. Sorry for the "drama". Shouldn't let a mouthy boy get under my skin. I forget that only steers and queers come from Texas, and up the Chisholm Trail they come. Damn.

:wtf:

Don't be that bitch. Both of you just need to chill.

:wtf:

Don't be that bitch. Both of you just need to chill.

I should chill, right. You called me a bitch. I see you now. Nice glasses.:LOL: Thanks for making it easier for me. Gotta love Full Metal Jacket.

I'm done with this. see ya at the show.

Ok well, apologies for flaming the spamwar in this thread. Especially towards KennyD. Didn't mean to insult you mate, hope there is no hard feelings.

I'm cool now. Had a couple drinks and everything is rosy. Remembered I'm going to see the best band I've seen live, for the sixth time, ....in my state for the once and only time I'm sure. Disagreements shouldn't result in name calling though, and I fell for it myself.

Oh well, what happened is the past. What's done is done.

I'm glad everyone is getting along again. Just a few more days. A lot of my students will be there too. We've been listening to Muse during tutorial to celebrate that the show is finally here.

I wonder if we should wear name tags with our user names on them so we can fine each other? :)

I'm glad everyone is getting along again. Just a few more days. A lot of my students will be there too. We've been listening to Muse during tutorial to celebrate that the show is finally here.

I wonder if we should wear name tags with our user names on them so we can fine each other? :)

Really?! What do you teach? That is so cool! :happy:

If anyone is driving from Austin to OKC on Fri and back to Austin after the gig to be ready for ACL on Sat, please PM me! :)

Really?! What do you teach? That is so cool! :happy:

I teach English III and news writing.

Two more days! My husband ordered me some Muse badges and they came today. Not wearing one to the show though, don't want to risk stabbing myself in the chest! While I'm hoping for some set list changes from the last two shows, I'm overall just excited to see them in my home state. Hoping to meet some of you in line or in the pit!

My plans are falling through left and right. Anyone driving from Ft. Worth and then back after the gig that I could catch a ride with? I have an extra upper level- left side of the stage ticket as well..... (will trade ticket for ride!) Any interest or if anyone has any ideas, please PM me. ( Liberty can vouch I'm very not scary) ;)

Archived