i anticipate this gig to be somewhat sparsely attended; someone correct me if i'm mistaken in this belief...

from prior experience, though, if you want to be close to the barrier, as it were, i'd advise getting to the venue...at a minimum...sometime by late morning -- if not earlier.

Hmm that's what I've heard.

Yeah I'm thinking this gig might not have bunches of people. I mean. It's Oklahoma...

That shouldn't mean anything. I'm sure there are a lot of people coming from elsewhere to this concert. Either way though, I arrived at the Convention Center in Fort Worth around noon or one and still made it to the barrier.

I agree. It doesn't matter that the show is in Okieland, in which I will not take offense at the implication that simply because it is Oklahoma something is lacking. People travel to see this band, and Oct. 8 will be no less brilliant than any other venue. Muse could perform in a tiny club (show #1 for me) with virtually nothing going on effect wise and still be intense and passionate and unforgettable. This was on the heels of the Absolution tour, and at this particular show in Portland they were opening for the Secret Machines. When I saw them in San Francisco (show #3 for me) I met people who had flown in from New York and driven from Texas. At the Portland show (my #7) last April, I met a family from Canada who were following the band around attending shows. Ft Worth was the smallest crowd I've ever seen in GA. Perhaps it was because it was St. Patrick's Day and people were too inebriated to show up? (on the way back to the hotel that night we saw a guy so drunk he was literally crawling across the street) I hope this crowd is all Musers! :)

I hope the crowd is better than the pics I saw from Fort Worth, let me tell you. That looked like it sucked. Ugh, my roommate wants to camp out and be the first ones in line...he's an eagle scout, lol. Hmmmmmm...don't want to be a doucher.

I hope the crowd is better than the pics I saw from Fort Worth, let me tell you. That looked like it sucked. Ugh, my roommate wants to camp out and be the first ones in line...he's an eagle scout, lol. Hmmmmmm...don't want to be a doucher.

Fort Worth had it's moments. The entire crowd was moving during TiRO, Knights, and Stockholm Syndrome.

OKC may not allow camping overnight downtown. The bums that are already down there may take offense. OKC crowds are hit and miss as far as my experiences. Some are epic while others will leave you wondering why they even came to the show. Ft. Worth was a lil timid but i had a good time, Atlanta was fun, and the Xmas show in Vegas was wild. I believe the OKC crowd will be from the surrounding area/states. And since it's on a friday night in october the kiddos will be watching thier friends play football. So the cool kids and the even cooler old folk should have a rockin time. See ya'll then!

I'm all for an insane gig! I'm debating if I should skip school that day or not. I would love to be at the barrier, but missing a day of school would be troublesome with my schedule. Oh well, it will be amazing nonetheless! Hopefully there will be a ton of friendly Musers to make the night awesome and give me someone to talk to haha.

OKC may not allow camping overnight downtown. The bums that are already down there may take offense. OKC crowds are hit and miss as far as my experiences. Some are epic while others will leave you wondering why they even came to the show. Ft. Worth was a lil timid but i had a good time, Atlanta was fun, and the Xmas show in Vegas was wild. I believe the OKC crowd will be from the surrounding area/states. And since it's on a friday night in october the kiddos will be watching thier friends play football. So the cool kids and the even cooler old folk should have a rockin time. See ya'll then!

Well said, I feel the same way but I'd like to think Muse and P.P. can get people going. All of my friends know I am a big Muse fan and I'm pretty sure i'm going with about 15-20 people that'll all be in the pit with me so we'll do our part. :musesign:

i'm pretty sure i was rockin out the whole damn time.. not my fault the rest of the crowd sucked, i still kicked ass and had an awesome time!

Same. The crowd wasn't so so bad though, ive seen worse.

:awesome:

My pre-gig excitement is kicking in full blast now.

:D

Archived