My sister's friend keeps saying that Muse are coming to Toronto in September.. but as far as I know they've only released one date in Canada and that's in Montreal.. right? I know they've still got more dates to release but I was just wondering if I missed out on something here :p

They're playing Quebec City on October 21st. They played Toronto last month. And it doesn't look like they're repeating cities. So If they were to come back to Ontario (A highly likely scenario) I'd put my money on Hamilton perhaps, or Ottawa.

But even still. Toronto is a huge market for music. And really is the place to play in Canada. So I expect to see a date in Ontario. And I'll be pleased if it's Toronto, but not surprised if it's elsewhere.

Howdy everyone.

Not quite sure where to post this general question - the US tour thread seemed like a good place.

I'll be attending my first concert in Cincinnati (or on the East coast if Muse heads back my way).

Which is the ideal place to get a spot at a concert - floor or seats? I've been to a number of concerts, but I always sat in the seats.

Just wondering from the fans who've been to a Muse concert.

LD

Howdy everyone.

Not quite sure where to post this general question - the US tour thread seemed like a good place.

I'll be attending my first concert in Cincinnati (or on the East coast if Muse heads back my way).

Which is the ideal place to get a spot at a concert - floor or seats? I've been to a number of concerts, but I always sat in the seats.

LD

Well, I was in seats when I went. It has its advantages, such as before and in between bands you actually have a chance to use the restroom and get drinks and all that. On the floor you can't really move unless you want to lose your spot. Also, if you have floor, you want to plan to get there pretty early if you want to be near the front. People get to the concert very very early. The GA line at Houston when I got there at about 5:45 or so (Concert starting at 7) was ridiculously long. So prepare to stay there a while.

Buuuuuut, during the actual concert, the floor looked like it would have been a ton of fun. I was still going crazy in seats, jumping, headbanging, clapping, singing, everything, but I personally think it would have been more fun with a bunch of people around me.

I've decided for my next concert I would get floor, but I still had a great time from the seats, and I mostly just want to experience both. Seats are less trouble and more convenient, though GA is probably a bit more fun. Though you may also have to deal with assholes on the floor too, less so than you would in the seats.

So yeah, seats are a lot less trouble and stuff, though GA LOOKED more fun, but I can't say for sure because I never actually did it. You'll have an amazing time either way I'm sure, though. For most of the concert I didn't care I was in seats, I was just having a great time.

Well, I was in seats when I went. It has its advantages, such as before and in between bands you actually have a chance to use the restroom and get drinks and all that. On the floor you can't really move unless you want to lose your spot. Also, if you have floor, you want to plan to get there pretty early if you want to be near the front. People get to the concert very very early. The GA line at Houston when I got there at about 5:45 or so (Concert starting at 7) was ridiculously long. So prepare to stay there a while.

Buuuuuut, during the actual concert, the floor looked like it would have been a ton of fun. I was still going crazy in seats, jumping, headbanging, clapping, singing, everything, but I personally think it would have been more fun with a bunch of people around me.

I've decided for my next concert I would get floor, but I still had a great time from the seats, and I mostly just want to experience both. Seats are less trouble and more convenient, though GA is probably a bit more fun. Though you may also have to deal with assholes on the floor too, less so than you would in the seats.

So yeah, seats are a lot less trouble and stuff, though GA LOOKED more fun, but I can't say for sure because I never actually did it. You'll have an amazing time either way I'm sure, though. For most of the concert I didn't care I was in seats, I was just having a great time.

Thanks for the heads up, Llama of Time. It gives me something to think about. :)

Howdy everyone.

LD

I've done a few GA and a few seated. It depends on your personality really. For GA, you're gonna be all sweaty and standing for a while. People are going to push a lot and you'll probably have to get in a line a solid 4 hours before the show to get a decent spot. BUT it's incomparable to being in the seats. You get to jump around like a psychopath and you "feel" the music a lot more. You don't get to see as much, but it's quite an experience.

Seats on the other hand, you can show up whenever you want. You can go to the bathroom, get beer/food, etc. The view is most likely better in that you can see everything and don't have a bunch of sweaty maniacs breathing on you. But I found it more reserved and more of a "stand and watch" type feel.

It all depends on how you usually act during shows. If you wanna jump around and stuff, do GA. If you want to just hang out and watch, do seats. Both are great, just different.

As others have said, GA Floor has its advantages and disadvantages. For one, your legs get mighty sore from having to stand so long, especially before and between acts. That's also not counting the standing you've already done in line. Also, when the show is done, you'll probably need to dart to the nearest bathroom.

On the other hand, it's freakin' fun. You have to be prepared for people who push and shove (I especially hate the people who come in late and expect to make it to the front), but such is life. Those "asshole" types are likely a minority of the overall crowd, and you may not have to deal with them at all depending on the show.

On another note, I hope playing fan-voted songs in Europe during the summer gives the band some good incentive to dig back into the library for North America, even if they don't have the "Choose the Setlists" thing going on for us.

Howdy everyone.

LD

Having been to many concerts on the floor and in seats I would say the floor is the best. You can stand in the back of the GA section and still feel really close. Plus in the back you can leave and come back easily (bathroom, drinks) Some people prefer the option of sitting but believe me, you won't be sitting for hours after the concert it's a RELIGIOUS experience :awesome:

GA all the way. As for having to line up early, you only have to do that if you're hell bent on getting a spot along the barrier. For the three out of four U.S. shows for which I had GA tickets -- Philly, Phoenix and Vegas -- I got to the venues long after doors opened and, for Phoenix, after Silversun Pickups had finished their set, and still had great spots (see my YouTube vids for examples). This probably wouldn't apply in Europe, but I'm pretty sure people lining up at 9 a.m. in the U.S. are doing it for barrier and/or for the experience of lining up, which in itself can be fun. In NYC I had pretty good seats and enjoyed the show, but I felt far removed from the band, the crowd and the action in general.

I've done a few GA and a few seated. It depends on your personality really. For GA, you're gonna be all sweaty and standing for a while. People are going to push a lot and you'll probably have to get in a line a solid 4 hours before the show to get a decent spot. BUT it's incomparable to being in the seats. You get to jump around like a psychopath and you "feel" the music a lot more. You don't get to see as much, but it's quite an experience.

Seats on the other hand, you can show up whenever you want. You can go to the bathroom, get beer/food, etc. The view is most likely better in that you can see everything and don't have a bunch of sweaty maniacs breathing on you. But I found it more reserved and more of a "stand and watch" type feel.

It all depends on how you usually act during shows. If you wanna jump around and stuff, do GA. If you want to just hang out and watch, do seats. Both are great, just different.

As others have said, GA Floor has its advantages and disadvantages. For one, your legs get mighty sore from having to stand so long, especially before and between acts. That's also not counting the standing you've already done in line. Also, when the show is done, you'll probably need to dart to the nearest bathroom.

On the other hand, it's freakin' fun. You have to be prepared for people who push and shove (I especially hate the people who come in late and expect to make it to the front), but such is life. Those "asshole" types are likely a minority of the overall crowd, and you may not have to deal with them at all depending on the show.

On another note, I hope playing fan-voted songs in Europe during the summer gives the band some good incentive to dig back into the library for North America, even if they don't have the "Choose the Setlists" thing going on for us.

Having been to many concerts on the floor and in seats I would say the floor is the best. You can stand in the back of the GA section and still feel really close. Plus in the back you can leave and come back easily (bathroom, drinks) Some people prefer the option of sitting but believe me, you won't be sitting for hours after the concert it's a RELIGIOUS experience :awesome:

Ha. Now I'm definitely looking forward to the show. Thanks again everyone.

Now, the tricky part. Deciding on whether to hop on the plane (fear of lying) or wait to see if a show appears closer to home. What to do, what to do. :LOL:

Once again, thanks.:)

GA all the way. As for having to line up early, you only have to do that if you're hell bent on getting a spot along the barrier. For the three out of four U.S. shows for which I had GA tickets -- Philly, Phoenix and Vegas -- I got to the venues long after doors opened and, for Phoenix, after Silversun Pickups had finished their set, and still had great spots (see my YouTube vids for examples). This probably wouldn't apply in Europe, but I'm pretty sure people lining up at 9 a.m. in the U.S. are doing it for barrier and/or for the experience of lining up, which in itself can be fun. In NYC I had pretty good seats and enjoyed the show, but I felt far removed from the band, the crowd and the action in general.

+1 about the not waiting in line thing. I was in GA at MSG and showed up 15 minutes before it started and was ridiculously close to the stage. Waiting in line at 9 am in the morning in the US is kinda ridiculous :chuckle:

I don't get it I haven't waited ONCE in any line with GA tickets and still felt really close to the stage when I got in. I've always been able to to leave and come back with no problem too

+1 about the not waiting in line thing. I was in GA at MSG and showed up 15 minutes before it started and was ridiculously close to the stage. Waiting in line at 9 am in the morning in the US is kinda ridiculous :chuckle:

I showed up a little early. I had GA in Boston and I got there at like 5:00. I also had a really close spot, I'm not barrier type guy so I wasn't going to show up at like 9. But yeah you can totally get a nice spot showing up once doors open.

I showed up a little early. I had GA in Boston and I got there at like 5:00. I also had a really close spot, I'm not barrier type guy so I wasn't going to show up at like 9. But yeah you can totally get a nice spot showing up once doors open.

Will you be going again if they do another show in the northeast??

Oh of course. I'm hoping we may get more than one date. Maybe Izod Center in NJ and then somewhere in CT??? That would be ace.

That would be awesome...I hope they do the Izod center NJ, MSG NY (or Radio City Music Hall), and Wachovia center PA...that way I'll get to go to 3 more shows! :D :D :dance::D :D

Actually for Philly, me and my buddies showed up at noon worried that we might be greeted by a long line but there were maybe a dozen people. So we walked over to that bar at Citizens Bank Park, got smashed and stumbled into the venue after doors opened. Good times.

That would be awesome...I hope they do the Izod center NJ, MSG NY (or Radio City Music Hall), and Wachovia center PA...that way I'll get to go to 3 more shows! :D :D :dance::D :D

Radio City is a bit small for them (only about 6,000 capacity) but a smaller venue would be pretty cool too. They could always do MSG again, though it seems they're staying away from repeat venues so far.

I'll probably do all the dates around here that we get :D, after this fall they prob won't be here for a while.

Actually for Philly, me and my buddies showed up at noon worried that we might be greeted by a long line but there were maybe a dozen people. So we walked over to that bar at Citizens Bank Park, got smashed and stumbled into the venue after doors opened. Good times.

Hah me and my friend were drinking at the sports bar right across the street because we didn't want to get there until doors opened :D

Radio City is a bit small for them (only about 6,000 capacity) but a smaller venue would be pretty cool too. They could always do MSG again, though it seems they're staying away from repeat venues so far.

I'll probably do all the dates around here that we get :D, after this fall they prob won't be here for a while.

Don't remind me! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Don't remind me! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

It had been a solid 2 years since they played MSG in 2007 since they came back for this tour, right? I can't wait 2 full years without seeing them :'(

I'll be in South America until November so I may miss their fall dates in the Northeast, and I have this funny feeling that Muse will tour South America in December/January, which would really suck... wrong place, wrong time. That's why I said F it and booked a trip to see them in Phoenix/Vegas couple weeks ago while I still had the chance.

MEGALOMANIA

I think I love you. :D For the next tour, I say Muse should get a giant organ with LED pipes instead of the 3 towers. Megalomania for everyone!

They need to replace one of the post-song riffs with The Groove. It's short enough where it wouldn't ruin a set list if they mixed it in somewhere. As short as it is, I think that's what I'd really want to hear.

but one i would like to hear......GLORIOUS one of my fav songs:happy:

I hope Tom and the band are reading this! :p B-sides, please!

I can has AZ date now? :supersad:

+1, I usually go to a bar and get smashed because i don't want to wait on line or buy beer at the venue

Archived