Honestly from all of you though..... do you think there will be any change in teh songs played when/if they come back soon?

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but if they test out a bunch of "new" things over the summer maybe they'll decide they like a few of them and let us hear them :erm:

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but if they test out a bunch of "new" things over the summer maybe they'll decide they like a few of them and let us hear them :erm:

Yeah that makes sense.

Its just..... you went to multiple gigs like I did. You see the set once its awesome...... Then you see it a second time..... its good..... you saw it a third time even. I can't imagine standing through that set a third time.

EDIT: But I would so do it just to see the boys again. *is confusing*

Yeah that makes sense.

Its just..... you went to multiple gigs like I did. You see the set once its awesome...... Then you see it a second time..... its good..... you saw it a third time even. I can't imagine standing through that set a third time.

In my case, technically the sets were different, and I was seated at one show, so it made all three somewhat different, but yeah, I would have killed for something else at any one of those shows!

But if they're thinking of the fall shows as a continuation of what they're doing now, I fear that they'll just play the same old same old....

I'd like to go to another show in the fall, and probably will if there's one I can get to, but I'm not too keen on hearing all the same songs again :erm:

I don't wanna hear any more UKers coming on this thread complaining about Muse returning to the states so soon. 'Cause you know, you guys GET TO PICK YOUR OWN FUCKING SETLIST ARGH!

:fear:

I hope they extend us the same courtesy. I'm also kind of wondering about those 2 Canadian shows. I bet they did RBS and Bliss and one and then a boring setlist at the next gig just to see what kind of fallout there would be.

:chuckle: some of us have waited since 2004 to see them again!

The Edmonton and Calgary shows you mean. Yeah I kinda wished they played Hyper Music in Calgary because we all heard it during the soundcheck :mad:

In my case, technically the sets were different, and I was seated at one show, so it made all three somewhat different, but yeah, I would have killed for something else at any one of those shows!

But if they're thinking of the fall shows as a continuation of what they're doing now, I fear that they'll just play the same old same old....

I'd like to go to another show in the fall, and probably will if there's one I can get to, but I'm not too keen on hearing all the same songs again :erm:

They have to know there are plenty of Americans that want to hear something different...... We can only hope.

I don't wanna hear any more UKers coming on this thread complaining about Muse returning to the states so soon. 'Cause you know, you guys GET TO PICK YOUR OWN FUCKING SETLIST ARGH!

You tell 'em!

that would be really nice! maybe tweet @ them to no end? haha

*worried that the banner is gone*

MYSPACE IS A LIAR :'(.....I'm convincing myself to not believe that.

They have to know there are plenty of Americans that want to hear something different...... We can only hope.

yeah... i'm alternating between being hopeful and not wanting to get my hopes up too high.... :$

Hopefully this "let people choose the songs" will be something they like and they'll continue it. I remember them saying about the new version of Cave that they enjoyed playing it now that it had been "reinvented", so maybe with a little bit of guidance from fans they'll find some other songs they enjoy but had forgotten about.

Sorta OT, but if I were them, I would have done it differently.... I would have said "here's a standard set of songs that we normally play - now choose 3 other songs you'd like us to add to the rotation", that would remove the people voting for things like SMBH or Starlight....

I was going to but I didn't have the chance :supersad:

Although the boardies I met up with went to it. :rolleyes:

ahhh.... you weren't there.... :$ My apologies! Feel free to join me in my hatred of them :D

Sorta OT, but if I were them, I would have done it differently.... I would have said "here's a standard set of songs that we normally play - now choose 3 other songs you'd like us to add to the rotation", that would remove the people voting for things like SMBH or Starlight....

I see where you're coming from but at least that won't have an impact on the end result. If they're picking out 1 or 2 songs from the poll in addition to what they already have on the setlist, then it should be fine too. Err.. as long as they don't end up saying "we're gonna play Starlight twice!!" yuck

yeah... i'm alternating between being hopefully and not wanting to get my hopes up too high.... :$

Hopefully this "let people choose the songs" will be something they like and they'll continue it. I remember them saying about the new version of Cave that they enjoyed playing it now that it had been "reinvented", so maybe with a little bit of guidance from fans they'll find some other songs they enjoy but had forgotten about.

ahhh.... you weren't there.... :$ My apologies! Feel free to join me in my hatred of them :D

I agree with your idea for the voting. I think thats what they'll probably do anyway in all honesty.

I just delivered the angriest Tweet I have ever made to @muse :chuckle: *crosses fingers* I will do it more than once. Twitter bomb them all of us!

I agree with your idea for the voting. I think thats what they'll probably do anyway in all honesty.

I just delivered the angriest Tweet I have ever made to @muse :chuckle: *crosses fingers* I will do it more than once. Twitter bomb them all of us!

you need to threaten them :ninja:

you need to threaten them :ninja:

Dear Matt,

I am your biggest fan, but I have to say if you don't mix up the setlist a little next time you are in the US I will have to beat you to death with your megaphone.

Sincerly,

Seth

PS

Will you sign my labcoat?

Dear Matt,

I am your biggest fan, but I have to say if you don't mix up the setlist a little next time you are in the US I will have to beat you to death with your megaphone.

Sincerly,

Seth

PS

Bwaa ha ha! I loled. :LOL:

Dear Matt,

Sincerly,

Seth

PS

DO IT

Good lord.

Have any of you seen/heard about this?

6p8go1.jpg

I am so excited.

Muse + The Myriad = Double Win.

I just remembered the date. Shit. If this is an April Fool's joke I will be so pissed.

I'm so gullible.

Hmmm... Don't see why it would be an April Fools joke. But it does seem odd. If they really mean the summer tour, then that would be the European dates. Doesn't Muse normally choose a more "local" band when they play in Europe? I wonder if really they'll be supporting Muse this fall instead in the U.S. If so, that would mean they're doing 27 shows? :awesome: Nah, not bloody likely. :indiff:

Edit: But yeah, I've never heard of them, but I Googled.

Dear Matt,

Sincerly,

Seth

PS

tidalwave LIKES this - facebook style.

and that is SO an april's fool joke... right?

tidalwave LIKES this - facebook style.

and that is SO an april's fool joke... right?

Yes and no. i would never kill the man, I have too much love for him. That said I really want somwthing different in the fall. Just a one or two song difference would make all the difference in the world.

Hmmm... Don't see why it would be an April Fools joke. But it does seem odd. If they really mean the summer tour, then that would be the European dates. Doesn't Muse normally choose a more "local" band when they play in Europe? I wonder if really they'll be supporting Muse this fall instead in the U.S. If so, that would mean they're doing 27 shows? :awesome: Nah, not bloody likely. :indiff:

Edit: But yeah, I've never heard of them, but I Googled.

Yeah, I don't know what to think.

I'm not that let down, because at least we know Muse is coming back to the US in the fall. But if this is true, it would be pretty sweet.

Archived