I have info (on which I won't elaborate) which says the opinions on here most certainly DID influence the set at Oxegen :)

Ooo now I'm very intrigued. Would you be happy to tell me by pm? :)

Incidentally I'm not referring to individual gigs but long term changes. I think it would be a shame if they dropped a song they liked or was something they wanted to do, because it didn't go down well on the messageboard, though obviously if they found that a change went down well generally and they were happy with the change, that would be different.

I have info (on which I won't elaborate) which says the opinions on here most certainly DID influence the set at Oxegen :)

Are you going to Wembley?

Ask for the following setlist please :yesey:

1: Hysteria

2: TIRO

3: Sunburn

4: USOE

5: Uprising

6: Fury

7: Hyper Music

8: PiB

9: Bliss

10: B&H

11: Dead Star/In Your World/Micro Cuts

12: Hoodoo

13: Showbiz

14: UD

15: US

------------------

16: New Born

17: MOTP

18: Citizen Erased

--------------------

19: Overture

20: Cross-Pollination

21: Redemption

---------------------------

22: SS

23: Take a Bow

24: Knights

Not sure what your weather was like, but we also got drowned / trench foot! :LOL:

We didn't have rain, but it had been raining beforehand and the ground was horrible.

I am actually really annoyed:(. Unnatural Selection was meant to be our replacement for a poll song. Seeing that you guys got CE and Bliss on top of that has actually really pissed me off with the guys, because if anything shows that they don't like playing up here, to me, doing that does.

We didn't have rain, but it had been raining beforehand and the ground was horrible.

I am actually really annoyed:(. Unnatural Selection was meant to be our replacement for a poll song. Seeing that you guys got CE and Bliss on top of that has actually really pissed me off with the guys, because if anything shows that they don't like playing up here, to me, doing that does.

Oh come on, you're not the only festival to have had a slightly vanilla set list. I think you're being overly dramatic.

And, with all due respect, horrible ground is nothing in comparison to the conditions we stood through!

Thank you so much Muse for making standing in the rain worth it. During Dizzee Rascal, I honestly wanted to go home. I've never been so wet in my life. I turned blue and was shivering, I had to go and buy a burger to heat up. I'm glad I stayed. I managed to get 6/7 rows back on Matt's side when everyone was leaving after Dizzee. Kasabian were great but Muse stole the show. I had to watch by myself as all my friend went off and watched BEP and Calvin Harris. I found some nice Muse fans to adopt me though. :happy: Brilliant performance by Muse, loved all the riffage in between song and how chatty they were. The ending of Knights was just epic. CE and Bliss were great - I wasn't expecting to hear both. I cheered really loudly when they started talking about the messageboard, got weird looks from the people around me. :chuckle: Hopefully more videos will turn up on youtube, lots of people were only leaving today.

Thank you so much Muse for making standing in the rain worth it. During Dizzee Rascal, I honestly wanted to go home. I've never been so wet in my life. I turned blue and was shivering, I had to go and buy a burger to heat up. I'm glad I stayed. I managed to get 6/7 rows back on Matt's side when everyone was leaving after Dizzee. Kasabian were great but Muse stole the show. I had to watch by myself as all my friend went off and watched BEP and Calvin Harris. I found some nice Muse fans to adopt me though. :happy: Brilliant performance by Muse, loved all the riffage in between song and how chatty they were. The ending of Knights was just epic. CE and Bliss were great - I wasn't expecting to hear both. I cheered really loudly when they started talking about the messageboard, got weird looks from the people around me. :chuckle: Hopefully more videos will turn up on youtube, lots of people were only leaving today.

Yeah, we wanted to go home during Dizzee Rascal too...it was only the fact that we were essentially trapped there that we didn't make a bid for freedom! I couldn't get my hands dry so they were really sore and the fingernails were very blue! So glad we stayed now, definitely :D

I squealed when the board was mentioned too! :LOL:

Oh come on, you're not the only festival to have had a slightly vanilla set list. I think you're being overly dramatic.

And, with all due respect, horrible ground is nothing in comparison to the conditions we stood through!

+1 :yesey:

It was raining on the stage ffs! :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I LOL in the face of anyone who chose to see BEP over Muse :LOL:

As far as I'm aware none of the boardies chose BEP over Muse and I was with most of them.

Just saw the setlist you got. Bastards. we got feck all and you got bliss and CE. not amused :'(

We all thought of you Ross, I know how hard you tried to come to this instead of T :(

If it was just the setlist being vanilla, then I wouldn't have a problem, but the two times I've seen them up here since the resistance (SECC, and T) have both... They have genuinely given me the sort of vibe that they didn't want to be there, or at least Dom and Matt have. They've just looked like they were going through the motions, if you know what I mean. I understand that it sounds a little melodramatic, but equally so, try and see it from my point of view - the first time (SECC), I thought they were just having an off day, it's okay, everyone has them. Limoges made me think it was just an off day. Seeing them at T (which, with no disrespect to Oxegen, is a huge festival to be playing in comparison) just going through the motions again makes me think that there's something more to it than just a coincidence. If I end up seeing them again up here (which I honestly don't know if I will or not) and they do play well, then I'll happily retract the above statement, but at the moment, everything I've seen of them up here has shown me they see playing in scotland as something they have to do, not that they want to do.

We all thought of you Ross, I know how hard you tried to come to this instead of T :(

on the one hand, I wish I was there, on the other, seeing Kasabian close the main stage last night amongst other campsite-y stuff will stay with me until the day I stop breathing.

If it was just the setlist being vanilla, then I wouldn't have a problem, but the two times I've seen them up here since the resistance (SECC, and T) have both... They have genuinely given me the sort of vibe that they didn't want to be there, or at least Dom and Matt have. They've just looked like they were going through the motions, if you know what I mean. I understand that it sounds a little melodramatic, but equally so, try and see it from my point of view - the first time (SECC), I thought they were just having an off day, it's okay, everyone has them. Limoges made me think it was just an off day. Seeing them at T (which, with no disrespect to Oxegen, is a huge festival to be playing in comparison) just going through the motions again makes me think that there's something more to it than just a coincidence. If I end up seeing them again up here (which I honestly don't know if I will or not) and they do play well, then I'll happily retract the above statement, but at the moment, everything I've seen of them up here has shown me they see playing in scotland as something they have to do, not that they want to do.

But there are always going to be some gigs which don't 'feel' as good as others. Imagine how we all felt after travelling to Phoenix to a gig which had both a vanilla set list and less energy than other shows we've seen.

I can empathise, but I think there are other factors other than location which lead to disappointing sets from the lads.

But there are always going to be some gigs which don't 'feel' as good as others. Imagine how we all felt after travelling to Phoenix to a gig which had both a vanilla set list and less energy than other shows we've seen.

I can empathise, but I think there are other factors other than location which lead to disappointing sets from the lads.

Fair point well made with regards to going over to Pheonix - I'd have been a bit pissed:LOL:. And like I've said, if I see them the next time they play here, and they prove me wrong, I'll gladly take it back. On the upside, we got Map :awesome:

It's probably amplified a little bit by the fact that Faithless were absoutely amazing before them. that, and by the fact that I've had about 6 hours of sleep since thursday, and now that I'm in my bed, I can't sleep:LOL:

Phoenix was an awful gig for so many reasons, and Vegas wouldn't have been much better had we not been so drunk.

Rivers of mud were flowing in the area in front of the main stage :chuckle: I don't think I've ever seen so much rain. It was so sunny here for the past few weeks but for some reason this weekend the heavens opened. It's sunny again today, typical ...

+1 :yesey:

It was raining on the stage ffs! :LOL:

:yesey: Matt was even wearing a rain coat. When Dom was said 'It's raining on stage, it feels good' I thought they were going to start playing FG. :chuckle:

Archived