Alex Barnet lutioehzrz

matthijs

(on behalf of a ripped of fellow muser)

So for those of you who don't know Zoopra (Alex Barnett-Guitar Luither here) is a waste of time. I get the impression, that those who buy off of him aren't looking for quality or any degree of decency.

For those of you who are yet to know check these two threads:

http://kitandtab.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59

http://kitandtab.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16&start=60

To be completely honest I've given him over a year and a bit to get it right. There are NO valid excuses. Just' BS. I'm warning anyone who considers a custom from him to reconsider and go for Hooglebug.

Now on a brighter note. Hooglebug in terms of customer service, quality and everything else was perfect. I couldn't be happier with this current guitar. (If you want pics ask).

Put simply. Don't deal with Alex. There are far better

(http://www.muselive.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=42373)

Heh SOMEONE just told me to post this as well.

They also say

OK quick update. Alex has cut off all communication with me and is avoiding me (Deleting me off of facebook not replying to messages). Looks like he doesn't want to pay me back at all.

Everyone and anyone who's interested in his work steer well clear he's completely useless. Spread the word guys and gals.

i ordered an m1d1 replica from him last april, he said delivery would be in november, still waiting now, ive never really had a problem with getting in contact with him, he usually replies to any email i send him and he now informs that hes started my guitar. from what ive read on forums and stuff hes a nice guy and clearly enjoys making guitars and all of the pictures hes uploaded to photobucket look really good, so i doubt that hes fake, but however ive also read he sometimes cuts corners. i really hope that he doesnt let me down.

His work is dire. I'd get a refund before he's done much to it. Check out the ugly guitar thread for evidence.

so i herd there's some drama on facebook right now between zooropa and said muser. probably shouldn't post it though

Edit:

I've been instructed to do so by said muser.

holy shit alex sent me this:

Quit being a fucking dick. I DON'T have money. You may have cash to buy new gear and shit, but I'm trying to pay my basic bills. I live on an extremely tight budget.

There's nothing I can do right now. Like I said, when I come into money, I can. But until then, harassing me and being an asshole won't change a thing.

I don't know what vision you have of me is, but I live very tight now. I eat cheap canned food, bum rides to save on petrol, and take cheaper online classes. I'm not loaded.

Then I replied with this:

Then don't fucking say you were going to set up a payment scheme. I paid you for a fucking service which you royally screwed me with. I'm well within my rights to keep harassing you to get MY money back. Stop being such a massive douchetard and actually say you're not going to pay me back. I've had more the enough patience with you. The fact is YOU'RE in the wrong here get over yourself.

wow

it's really not worth what you pay from the looks of things. another +1 for hooglebug btw, just for the customer service.

yes you should!

there you go

apparently he was supposed to build a proper replacement guitar for that monstrosity, but he screwed that up. :stunned: not sure how exactly, i just remember the body was shaped, but that's the last i heard!

edit:

apparently his shop was robbed, but why would anyone steal a wonky shaped unfinished guitar body?...

there you go

apparently he was supposed to build a proper replacement guitar for that monstrosity, but he screwed that up. :stunned: not sure how exactly, i just remember the body was shaped, but that's the last i heard!

where i go?!

ah i see. what a cunt. he says he has no money but he must be making a fair bit on these poor excuses for guitars...

exactly - that's what i don't understand. that particular guitar was £1100 i think, and the parts were only about £500 or so i think!

I think it'd be a good idea to 'sticky' this thread mods...

I think it might be better to post a warning about Mattocaster copies.

I don't feel too sorry for people who have screwed over by Alex, it was clear from the start he had no idea about how to run a business, professionalism and his responsibilities as a businessman.

James' quote where he's trying to justify not getting the job done because he's eating cheap food shows he's learnt nothing.

I suppose this should be a lesson though. If you're insisting on getting a MoC made by someone other than Mansons (ie, the only people who make proper ones) then bare in mind that you run the risk yourself of getting something of a significantly lower standard than the original.

For me where Alex started to go seriously wrong was when he started charging over a grand to make them....

I was fairly lucky, the mirror replica i had made was the 3rd or 4th he ever made (about 3 years ago) and it turned out okay compared to most of his others. The neck was yamaha and the body wasn't too poorly made so i got away with some of the obvious flaws, the neck pocket was a joke and the edge of the mirror was really rough though.

It was alot of a botch job, but for £300 i knew what to expect and that was more a guitar to look different and grab peoples eye whilst on stage, i stopped gigging it after about 3 gigs and it just began to gather dust after the novelty worn off.I sold it about 4 months ago for more than double the price i originally paid to a buyer who still emails me from time to time with photo's of it in action.

speaking of which that blue box you sold me is really quiet

did you sell me queer giraffes?

They are quiet! What sort of guitar are you using? Anything with high output will make it sound quieter.

There are mods to make it louder, but I never got round to it.

Archived