Alex Barnet lutioehzrz

matthijs

I suppose this should be a lesson though. If you're insisting on getting a MoC made by someone other than Mansons (ie, the only people who make proper ones) then bare in mind that you run the risk yourself of getting something of a significantly lower standard than the original.

+1, but add hooglebug to the 'safe list'

don't think he's particularly fond of making 'moc's though

Jesus, this is still going on? :facepalm: Poor Sam.

it's not just sam to be honest....it's 30 or more people.

olawd your signature

I just wanted to say a huge thankyou to Muse.

A year ago or so, I never really heard much of you. But after I heard my sister's copy of Black Holes & Revelations, my love for you guys grew on a daily basis... I'm now an absolute Muse obsessive. With other bands, I'm like "oh, cool, good song" but with you guys... I'm actually grateful. You've lightened up my life like nothing before, and I couldn't possibly imagine living without you guys.

Two years ago now, some pop-punky band I was into inspired me to play guitar in my bedroom. But now I've heard of you guys, I feel inspired to take it one step further, and get a band and make music - as a guitarist, pianist, and vocalist! You've even got me writing little riffs to do before and after songs. You guys inspired me to learn more about my guitar & musical theory, and one day find a band. I know I'll never be as good as you, but I can give it a shot.

Sometimes, I lay at night and cry - cry - at the amazingness of you... this shining knight, with his trusty metallic Manson steed, creating something so beautiful and amazing. I truly believe that you're something supernatural.

So, I just wanted to say thankyou for... well... saving my life. I don't know what I'd do without you guys. I'm just so grateful. I really hope to meet you fellas one day.

You are an absolute inspiration.

lol

DSCF3727-1-1.jpg

there's more where that came from, too

/espardo

They are quiet! What sort of guitar are you using? Anything with high output will make it sound quieter.

There are mods to make it louder, but I never got round to it.

high output guitars really. if i put my clean channel on and wack that on its literally like a 25% decrease in volume which i thought it would an increase if anything as its a fuzz pedal in theory. its a brilliant pedal but its pretty useless live at the moment.

high output guitars really. if i put my clean channel on and wack that on its literally like a 25% decrease in volume which i thought it would an increase if anything as its a fuzz pedal in theory. its a brilliant pedal but its pretty useless live at the moment.

Run the diefet after if. It sounds better with another distortion on top anyway. I'm sure I could always get it to match my volume though. I always ran it first in chain though.

just a few notes:

please don't post messages from banned members, kinda defeats the point of them being banned.

zooropa is barred from conducting business here, i don't think he uses this place anymore but do let some of the staff know if he is using the place to conduct business in future.

i can understand the purpose of this thread (although negated somewhat by the above rule) but please don't use this thread as a bunch of sam's friends just publicly ratting on the guy over his practices

and finally, you really have to be an idiot to pay him for a guitar surely? be like paying someone to build you a house after seeing a portfolio of buildings condemned for bad safety.

i see what you mean, kev

even though i'm friends with sam and still in contact with him, i do think it's a good idea to have this thread regardless. also, i don't have anything against alex personally - i just think he's handled this whole thing very unprofessionally. (you know, how he took other orders after sams guitar and finished those, and sent sams guitar out in horrible shape).. i reckon it would be a good idea to keep this thread around though, so if someone's considering buying a guitar from him, we can link it to them or something like that.

just my opinion though

yeah it's cool to keep the thread.

i just don't want it to go down the route of being used to exert pressure on zooropa to resolve it because lots of people are bringing things out publicly. obviously there's 2 sides to every story and what i don't want is a back and forth battle publicly here, which could easily happen eventually if an ongoing saga of accusations etc towards zooropa all gets laid out piece by piece here. if that makes sense?

• 4 months later...

Archived