Arctic Monkeys Vs Muse

deadstar1988

well i like the arctic monkeys and i thought they were great at reading. but no-way did they upstage muse (i dont think any band could!). muse were truely amazing on saturday, im counting down the days til i see them in nov!

Beneath the Boardwalk demos > Whatever People Say I am

easily. they ruined most of the songs.

I second that. I much prefer the Fake Tales Of San Francisco version to the one on the album.

They were amazing at Leeds, but Muse definitely took the biscuit. :yesey:

Well thanx for everyone agreeing with me. Literally no one ive said that to disagrees.

Anyway I've been relistening to Beneath the Boardwalk demos again and theytruly are amazing. It makes me cringe to think they've become the indie trendy boys they used to deplore :'(

• 5 months later...

as predicted...the Arctic fucking Monkeys won best album at Brits.

Pathetic really. don't deserve it, at all.

Ahh well, is it just me or do you guys get the feeling that awards are meaningless these days(in evaluating muse, that is), its all about the passion of the fans. and muse have some fuckin passionate fans, psychotic almost - which is very good, i'm one of them, with pride - :D

but yer, muse don't need awards to prove themselevs, they are in their own leagure completely. out of this world, really.:happy: ha ha :D:happy:

overall, the general publics taste in music went out the window years ago me thinks...i mean, who the hell gave that twat a songwriting award??

"im coming up on infra red. im going to find you, cos i can see in the dark"

yeah...nice one.....

*hides*

awards are usually given out to the people that deserve them but everynow and then your sat there looking at the screeen thinking "who the fuck voted for them?"

:X

Artic Monkeys probably have some decent tunes, but everyone was so sick of the hype last year. Especially living in fucking Sheffield.

I prefer Muse anyhoo.

They have 'catchy' tunes, and catchy tunes shouldn't win awards :noey: After you've heard it twice you never want to hear it again. Muse songs however never seem to get old.

They have 'catchy' tunes, and catchy tunes shouldn't win awards :noey: After you've heard it twice you never want to hear it again. Muse songs however never seem to get old.

fall out boy are catchy but i wouldnt award them for anything unless there was the emo awwards.....

ive had a brain wave, ill be back later

Guest hypermusician_bells

I think the Arctic Monkeys could be taken down a peg or eleven, they fired their bassist because he was too fat.

how sads that thats discrimination, shudnt judge people jus beacuse of there weight its like sayin ya have to b a size 0 to be in a band and have an eating disorder before you do nethin.

i mean look at bowling for soup there guitar play, hes huge, but that dunt stop him does it!!

music industry makes me sick these days!!!

no one kill me, but i was insprired as you can see at the top of the page...please, i value my lil life!! :'( its just some fun:

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome, to the 2007 Emo awards!! sponsored by:

Prozac:

246655789Itfopw_ph.jpg

The show was cancelled halfway through due to the host reading poetry and thus the BBC has banned any coverage of this....

all i can say is your lucky...your all very lucky people to not have to witness it.....

a massive 15 emos turned up for this event while the rest stayed up in their bedrooms no doubt listening to it on radio not wanting to "be conformist and turn up to such a coprate event...."

though this sort of defied the object seeing as it turned out they were part of the majority that didnt show up....dam conformists...(lol)

Any way, the restults were as follows:

Best Emo hair newcomer:

Dom howard

Best Emo band that can actually put on a half decent live show:

Fall out boy

Best fringe:

this went undecided as theere were too many people that fitted into this category

Best lyric:

Kiss me kill me love me till i bleed....fabulously typical line from the band "The subsequent of an argument"

Best band name:

my chemical romance

Worst dressed emo:

dom howard

Best dressed emo:

no one won this.

thankyou and remember children....you WILL grow out off this, there is hope for you all yet!!

thankyou and goodnight!

i think it was really disgraceful that Arctic Monkeys won instead of Muse. :mad:

I wouldn't have minded as much if someone else beat Muse - I mean of course I would have been annoyed, but not as annoyed as I am to see such an over-rated, and in my opinion, pretty boring and bland, band get Best Group and Best Album instead of Muse, who Arctic Monkeys can't even compare to, and never will.

I'm really glad that AM won over Muse, they are, after all, way more original and fun. Muse are just copycats, to be honest. Catchy tunes, but nothing special.

Edit:

Best Emo band that can actually put on a half decent live show:

Fall out boy

They're the most shittiest band I've listened live. I hope you meant that as a joke :p

I'm really glad that AM won over Muse, they are, after all, way more original and fun. Muse are just copycats, to be honest. Catchy tunes, but nothing special.

Edit: They're the most shittiest band I've listened live. I hope you meant that as a joke :p

i couldnt think of any emo band better than them they all dam suck mwhahaha

Hands up those who were at Reading Fest last year?

I was ........

seen it for myself

Artic Monkeys were crap

Muse were themselves - and we all know what that means otherwise we wouldn't be here, would we?

I cannot understand how the Artic Monkey's even received one award let alone Two..... and they couldn't even be bothered to turn up:p

I was ........

seen it for myself

Artic Monkeys were crap

Muse were themselves - and we all know what that means otherwise we wouldn't be here, would we?

I cannot understand how the Artic Monkey's even received one award let alone Two..... and they couldn't even be bothered to turn up:p

I was there. . .and Arctic Monkeys were okay. . .the music itself sounded alright. But there was no real energy or passion there. It was all a bit. . .bleh, if you get me. It wasn't particularly interesting.

I was ........

seen it for myself

Artic Monkeys were crap

I was at Lowlands.

AM before Muse....

T'was boring, during the concert of AM they showed the guys outside the tent on the screens.

Mudman ar by far more interesting than AM. :yesey:

No comparison to Muse afterwards.

Personally, I think being able to write a catchy tune takes skill, and it should be rewarded...but the AM don't write catchy tunes, so this doesn't apply to them. I've never got a tune by them stuck in my head...whereas another band I don't like, Kaiser Chiefs, managed to get stuck in my brain with a couple of their songs even though I didn't enjoy it...the difference being that they can actually write a decent catchy tune, and I say that as someone who thinks they're shit.

Guest Chizzleface

+1

There's more to life than just slagging off crap bands. And don't get so anal about Muse. Yes, they're good, but there's other bands as well.

Archived