There were plenty of rock songs too though. It certainly didn't feel downbeat, to me anyway.

That middle section just killed the gig for me though. Didn't get going again until Unnatural Selection and then they went off.

It's just that I'd never heard anyone say they liked it but seen plenty of hate for it. I'm not telling anyone not to like it. I don't hate it but I usually skip it on the ipod. Same with Invincible.

Oh I see. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Yeah there's hate everywhere because it's become some sort of weird trend to slag off Guiding Light and bully those who admit that they actually love the song. Which is why it's difficult for us to speak up who really like the song. We feel restricted as fans.

Guiding Light and Unintended (and Starlight......Feeling Good......Undisclosed Desires) on the same setlist is not a good move for a rock gig though

:LOL:

It's not a rock gig it's a Muse singalong anyway! :awesome:

Much prefer the O2 Friday/ Paris setlist.

Yeah there's hate everywhere because it's become some sort of weird trend to slag off Guiding Light and bully those who admit that they actually love the song. Which is why it's difficult for us to speak up who really like the song. We feel restricted as fans.

I wouldn't say my opinion was a trend. I think thats what riles people is when it's assumed it must be 'cool' to dislike a song that you like. If you like it then fine.

I don't like it and rather it wasn't played live but If Bellamy really does like it then I'll just have to live with it, no big deal.

I'm way too old for all that nonsense. :D

I'll happily admit to liking Starlight. I don't care who disagrees.

Yes I should stop being so bloody sensitive and tell those to fuck off who try to bully me. :yesey: I love Guiding Light and I'm not ashamed. When they perform it in Wembley I'll sing along from the bottom of my heart.

You do that then, no one will care, it's a muse gig.

Do we have any ideas what the release date for the single might be?

Never. It's an evil plan by Dr.Bellamy.

They'll fool us with this Resistance talk and secretly release Guiding Light through the back door to avoid messageboard backlash

Never. It's an evil plan by Dr.Bellamy.

They'll fool us with this Resistance talk and secretly release Guiding Light through the back door to avoid messageboard backlash

:eek:

Barrowman Bellamy!!

*shakes fist*

Tbh I couldn't care less if they release GL just means that I would save money with one less single to buy :awesome:

:eek:

Barrowman Bellamy!!

*shakes fist*

Tbh I couldn't care less if they release GL just means that would save money with one less single to buy :awesome:

Unless they do an Invincible with it though it means more likely to stay on the sets over something rocky like Unnatural Selection (which is surely the 4th single now?) or MK Ultra or even USoE :eek:

That's the word I was searching for "etiquette". That's what hating Guiding Light is, Muser-etiquette. But I don't care anymore. I love the song and I know many others who love it too and sing along with me whenever the song's on. :happy: It had so much potential to become an anthem before someone decided to make it the most hated Muse tune pft. Whatever, like Sebastian Love would say. :D If I meet Muse I'll tell them not to be ashamed of the song at all despite what they've seen here. Guiding Light isn't shite at all. It has so many great details that have been missed and layers, it builds towards the end where Matt brings in the different kind of falsetto which adds to the mood.

But on topic, I'll try not to judge the radio edit before I hear it. Even if it worries me to hear about the piano part being removed before the second verse.

That's the word I was searching for "etiquette". That's what hating Guiding Light is, Muser-etiquette. But I don't care anymore. I love the song and I know many others who love it too and sing along with me whenever the song's on. :happy: It had so much potential to become an anthem before someone decided to make it the most hated Muse tune pft. Whatever, like Sebastian Love would say. :D If I meet Muse I'll tell them not to be ashamed of the song at all despite what they've seen here. Guiding Light isn't shite at all. It has so many great details that have been missed and layers, it builds towards the end where Matt brings in the different kind of falsetto which adds to the mood.

But on topic, I'll try not to judge the radio edit before I hear it. Even if it worries me to hear about the piano part being removed before the second verse.

You're the one who is making a big deal about this. Some of us don't like Guiding Light. That is natural if you get into a band for their heavier side, sometimes there are some things in their lighter side you don't agree with. It's the same way how some people don't like MK Ultra, or Stockholm Syndrome or Dead Star.

+1

I heard it on 6 Music, they played Resistance and MK Ultra and said those two were the standout tracks.

Was it the radio edit of Resistance?

:stunned:

Glad you like it but I don't and I am not going to pretend that I do (and I don't hate it to be "cool"). We all have different taste in music and they are plenty of people on here who hate songs that I love: just means they have different taste than me - end of.

Lets hope they drop it in favour of IBTY for 2010.

Btw, I like Starlight. I'm not averse to cheese. But Guiding Light is a step too far.

I like Starlight! I like the cheesy clapping! :yesey:

Pip' date=' are your videos from the 12th or 13th? I need to find some videos from the 13th that I can download.[/quote']

From the 12th! Sorry!

It's just that I'd never heard anyone say they liked it but seen plenty of hate for it. I'm not telling anyone not to like it. I don't hate it but I usually skip it on the ipod. Same with Invincible.

I don't hate the song, I just can't bear it live, I find it dirgey and boring .

Get yerself a backbone then! It's a bloody song! If you can't speak out about a song then let's hope you never have to speak out about anything of importance in life!

You're the one who is making a big deal about this. Some of us don't like Guiding Light. That is natural if you get into a band for their heavier side, sometimes there are some things in their lighter side you don't agree with. It's the same way how some people don't like MK Ultra, or Stockholm Syndrome or Dead Star.

Surely thats some kind of sin. :pope:

Archived