Is Muse Fit To Play At the Super Bowl?

Victoroy

How would you feel if Muse perormed at the Super Bowl?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Muse perormed at the Super Bowl?

• I would love it! Muse+Super Bowl = Sex
    • eww football...i would HATE it.
    • I can care less about football; I wouldn't mind seeing Muse perform,
    • *sigh* You americuns and your foozball...

No, because at most vocals are live at super bowl gigs.

Bruce Springsteen had to fight to get even that.

thread over.

Ohhh I suspect if they asked Muse they'd either say Yes Please and pull another Muse-get-asked-to-mime stunt or show the vids of previous antics and they'd definitely be live.

Personally I'd be voting for the former...

:awesome: +943969439064064060629696490

its not worthy of Muse goodness. And besides they'd probably ruin it with all these choreographed dancer bollocks like they do any other act. I hate that crap. No dancers, just the music, please! Just a bunch of hullaballoons and confetti FTW!

Spot on!

:awesome: +943969439064064060629696490

its not worthy of Muse goodness. And besides they'd probably ruin it with all these choreographed dancer bollocks like they do any other act. I hate that crap. No dancers, just the music, please! Just a bunch of hullaballoons and confetti FTW!

you mean like this? :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY87a8eS5R8

the dancers there weren't too bad...was funny though, lol

by the way last year they had bruce...did you see choreographed dancing then? No you didn't.

Even U2 didn't have dancing...they both had fans in the crowd.

Anyway. It's not like muse have a chance to play at SB anyway.

Muse aren't a big enough band in the states.

Muse should NOT play at the super bowl. American 'Football' is a load of flashy bollocks for a bunch of panzies who need stupid amounts of protective gear. Rugby is more physical and all we need is a gum shield.

You realize though that American footballers are giant in compared to most rugby players. So if there was any kind of "physical" showdown... :rolleyes:

As far as the is/are thing goes...both are correct. I tend to use "is" since it makes the most sense to me. It's like the word family. Most people say, "My family IS from this place," or whatever since it is a singular collective noun. Yes? No?

football is played with feet!! FOOTball, so why do american call their silly little game football? and insist calling real football "soccer" ? the world cup in football is the biggest event in the world, after that, champions leuge in football and after that, euro footbal cup, Then the summer olympics, super bowl tssss!

football is played with feet!! FOOTball, so why do american call their silly little game football? and insist calling real football "soccer" ? the world cup in football is the biggest event in the world, after that, champions leuge in football and after that, euro footbal cup, Then the summer olympics, super bowl tssss!

Get the fuck over it.

Who cares what it's called.

Who cares what it's called.

I care what it's called. American football should not even be called american football because they never use their feet! They should rename their sport to something else. Besides american football is boring.

And no I wouldn't like it if Muse played at the Super Bore because I think they are too good to play for that type of crowd. I think a lot of the viewers would not appreciate their music. Muse has a certain sound to them that not a lot of people get. Besides it's better if they do not become super popular over here because when it comes to the american people...sorry to say but...they love you for one moment and then they hate you the next so.... :unsure:

A better idea would be if Muse played at the opening ceremonies for this year's World Cup in South Africa. Now that would be awesome! :)

Could you sound anymore ridiculous?

I get it. They don't use their feet too much in football except for punting and FG kicks. Football became football b/c of rugby football. And overtime the rugby part fell off w/ all the rule changing and became just football as it's known in the states. And rugby became... Rugby.

Btw, I can't believe people still get all annoyed by what Americans call certain things.

You live in America and you're complaining about it?

I'm from England and am obviously living in America now. I honestly don't give a shit what they call the sports.

More important issues in the would going on and some still bitch about the soccer/football stuff and think it should be changed.

And that's just your opinion. Since I actually understand the sport I enjoy watching it and so do many others.

By the way there are football fans that enjoy listening to muse.

Your view on American fans in general is false b/c I think American fans are loyal. It's the MEDIA that loves one minute and hates the next.

And that's selfish b/c it's THEIR goal to make it big in the States. I'm rooting for them all the way.

How wrong everyone is, so wrong, so very and essentially wrong. The Super Bowl is about BIG ENTERTAINMENT. MUSE IS VERY ENTERTAINING... I honestly think that they should play as the halftime show in let's say the next 1-3 superbowls. Especially when the NFL is trying to expand the league into Europe. Which European country do you think most likely will have the first NFL team in Europe? Here is a hint... they already play a game there every NFL season. You figure it out yet? ENGLAND!!! Where is Muse from??? ENGLAND!!! 1+1 still = 2 so you do the math people... It makes a whole bunch of sense to me.

OH before I almost forget, I played rugby/american football, and the way people tackle in rugby does not even compare to the speed and precision they tackle in american football, that is why they wear helmets and the pads are a joke they aren't very padded so to all you player hating Europeans back off, because I love soccer despite how puny a game it is... SUCKERS!!!:p

How wrong everyone is, so wrong, so very and essentially wrong. The Super Bowl is about BIG ENTERTAINMENT. MUSE IS VERY ENTERTAINING... I honestly think that they should play as the halftime show in let's say the next 1-3 superbowls. Especially when the NFL is trying to expand the league into Europe. Which European country do you think most likely will have the first NFL team in Europe? Here is a hint... they already play a game there every NFL season. You figure it out yet? ENGLAND!!! Where is Muse from??? ENGLAND!!! 1+1 still = 2 so you do the math people... It makes a whole bunch of sense to me.

OH before I almost forget, I played rugby/american football, and the way people tackle in rugby does not even compare to the speed and precision they tackle in american football, that is why they wear helmets and the pads are a joke they aren't very padded so to all you player hating Europeans back off, because I love soccer despite how puny a game it is... SUCKERS!!!:p

/rage?

Anyway I think it would be cool.

(Single from future album)

KoC

Hysteria

Nah, putting a British band on isn't going to make anyone in Britain care about the Super Bowl or NFL. Didn't someone mention U2 playing? No one cared then...

As for Rugby, the IRB has been doing a lot to try and get away from the image of Rugby Union being extremely violent. When I used to play it, we'd all be kicking the shit out of each other, if a player wasn't rolling away, you stamped on him a couple of times...

Wow so none of you actually read my post. Cool, listen now then since the last time you choose to be ignorant. The NFL already plays an American Football game in England at Wembley Stadium(which has sold out every time). So to further the influence of the game in England, if not Europe then I could see why Muse would fit to be the halftime show at a future Superbowl... That is what I was saying, I don't care that your trying to speak for the whole country of Ireland in saying they have no interest in the NFL, cause quite frankly that is your opinion, and you all know what they say about opinions, like A**holes everyone's got one.:LOL:

I did actually read your post, as difficult as it was given the diatribic 'tone' ...

Yes I am aware that there's been a NFL match played at Wembley for the past two years, and there is a big following of NFL (and other American sports) here. Do I think it would make a difference to levels of awareness of NFL in the UK if Muse played at the Superbowl? No. Do I care if England got an NFL team? No, I don't. It's the National Football League, ie it is, and should remain, US only, it's only American arrogance that assumes otherwise.

Do I think Muse playing at the Superbowl would raise awareness levels of Muse in the US? Yes. Do I care? Again, not really, their fanbase is already growing, I personally would prefer if they didn't end up so huge that they got burnt out trying to be all things to all fans, but if they're chasing a particular dream, good on 'em.

Please don't rant and assume you'll get an answer, because lots of people will just switch off.

Wow so none of you actually read my post. Cool, listen now then since the last time you choose to be ignorant. The NFL already plays an American Football game in England at Wembley Stadium(which has sold out every time). So to further the influence of the game in England, if not Europe then I could see why Muse would fit to be the halftime show at a future Superbowl... That is what I was saying, I don't care that your trying to speak for the whole country of Ireland in saying they have no interest in the NFL, cause quite frankly that is your opinion, and you all know what they say about opinions, like A**holes everyone's got one.:LOL:

I did read it.

It would raise the profile of Muse in the US, it wouldn't raise the sport's profile here if they did, let alone across Europe.

Wembley Stadium has only been around for a couple of years and there's a chance people are taking the opportunity to visit it rather than what's on. Like when Muse played there, there was clearly people not there for Muse.

To say a sport belongs in a country it was created in is once again... ignorant. Soccer is global, ice hockey is global, baseball is sweeping across the earth, rugby for the most part is turning global... Hell basketball is becoming very global. Roger Goodell the commissioner of the NFL envisions a global sport, wouldn't it be cool if almost every European country had an NFL team along with Mexico and a few other interested countries? I mean then it could really be a Superbowl... the current American teams would have their playoffs and then Europe and the other countries would have one as well then the winners of said playoffs would be competing for the Superbowl. That would be amazing in fact. You need to step outside of the "box" and read between the lines a little more.:p

Archived