Is Muse Fit To Play At the Super Bowl?

Victoroy

How would you feel if Muse perormed at the Super Bowl?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Muse perormed at the Super Bowl?

• I would love it! Muse+Super Bowl = Sex
    • eww football...i would HATE it.
    • I can care less about football; I wouldn't mind seeing Muse perform,
    • *sigh* You americuns and your foozball...

To say a sport belongs in a country it was created in is once again... ignorant.

I'm quite happy for American Football to be global, just not the NFL itself. The national arrogance of the US in sport shows in the Baseball World Series which features teams from the US and 1 team from Canada. If the structure was changed to support a genuine network of clubs/teams in as many countries as possible, with national championships (world cup style) and international club championships (Heineken Cup/Super 14 style) then brilliant. A team based in London as part of the NFL just seems to me to be an excuse for jollies to London for the other teams and management and a really brilliant way of wasting millions of gallons of jet fuel.

NFL Europe has been tried, and failed. Maybe if it wasn't called NFL Europe (how derogatory is that? Europe is not an annexe of the US!) it might have done better? Or maybe football, sorry soccer and rugby are preferred, and if so, so what?

I often think outside the box, you know. :rolleyes:

To say a sport belongs in a country it was created in is once again... ignorant. Soccer is global, ice hockey is global, baseball is sweeping across the earth, rugby for the most part is turning global... Hell basketball is becoming very global. Roger Goodell the commissioner of the NFL envisions a global sport, wouldn't it be cool if almost every European country had an NFL team along with Mexico and a few other interested countries? I mean then it could really be a Superbowl... the current American teams would have their playoffs and then Europe and the other countries would have one as well then the winners of said playoffs would be competing for the Superbowl. That would be amazing in fact. You need to step outside of the "box" and read between the lines a little more.:p

Every other sport isn't trying to be under 1 league, while the games are global, each country will have their own domestic leagues, international team, and various international leagues and stuff for clubs and international sides.

The Premier League does go all around the world, doesn't mean the FA are trying to add teams from all around the world to it, nor should they be! The interest is there globally because people play the sport globally to start with.

You're playing Rugby because of Welsh immigrants taking the game over with them, you don't see American teams in the Magner's League...

NFL Europe wasn't the NFL, it was the less talented players who couldn't make it here. Spare me please, because you don't know what your talking about. That is why it failed, because it wasn't on the same level, let alone page as the NFL in America.

NFL Europe wasn't the NFL, it was the less talented players who couldn't make it here. Spare me please, because you don't know what your talking about. That is why it failed, because it wasn't on the same level, let alone page as the NFL in America.

:LOL: Considering I've been following American Football, on and off, for over 20 years, you've just made my point about attitudes, I think.

• 11 months later...

Where is there an option for 'it would be cool I guess'? Because I love the Superbowl and I like Muse but it doesn't equate to sex, especially the idea of Bellamy jigging in a sparkly suit while surrounded by thousands of men with enough testosterone to punch him in the balls just by staring at him...

Where is there an option for 'it would be cool I guess'? Because I love the Superbowl and I like Muse but it doesn't equate to sex, especially the idea of Bellamy jigging in a sparkly suit while surrounded by thousands of men with enough testosterone to punch him in the balls just by staring at him...

if they had PRINCE play, they can sure as hell have Matt up on stage :rolleyes:

Honestly there are very few better options. Muse is one of the very few good arena rock acts in the US. And I think its about time the Super Bowl stopped going classic rock and pop (they got the Black Eyed Peas this year, ewwwwwww) and finally got someone modern (THATS NOT COUNTRY). Can't think of someone better than Muse.

Only other modern rock band that would be good for it I think would be Green Day or the Foo Fighters

And for fun, setlist prediction (not ideal setlist but something reasonable for this)

1. Uprising

2. Starlight

3. Hysteria

4. Plug in Baby

5. Knights

:LOL: So true.

:LOL:

nah, chris would be there to counterbalance any lack of manliness in the band perceived by the football fans, i reckon. (as you cant exactly count on dom for that either - probably best he's hiden behind the drumkit :p)

I actually was thinking about this the other day when i saw on tv the the black eyed peas would be playing this year.... :facepalm: but while Muse is epic and obviously talented enough to play it, i'm not sure the audience that attends this event would understand or be able to get into it like they should.. I'd cheer for my living room though.

i love Muse, but prince is an icon of music so he was a natural choice.

while popular, they aren't big enough yet to play half time at the super bowl.

just looking back at past performers and you can understand why.

i agree, but Muse would be better then a few of the performers in the past 15 years, but only a few.

Personally, I'd love to see them play at halftime.

But I don't think the average football watching American would, and that's what the NFL considers when choosing a halftime performer. Not an insult to football viewers as I am one (GO JETS), but just look at whose played recently. With the exception of the Black Eyed Peas, they've all been icons of American music. So, maybe one day for Muse, but not anytime soon

you canadians are just jealous because we're better at football than you :phu:

Yeah, I don't think so. CFL and NFL are quite different games and I don't think the NFL would play in a blizzard. Plus, the CFL is older (well at least some of the teams are, like Saskatchewan's). :p

I'm sorry to be so blunt but America rapes Canada's ass in football. But you guys win in hockey :rolleyes:

They don't play each other, how do you know? The games are entirely different anyway so neither of us can really judge who's better. There should be a CFL vs NFL game.

At least Canada doesn't worship it's players and pay them a bajillion dollars a year (because, let's be honest, athletes don't deserve as much as they're paid). :p

Archived