My son was on crutches with a full-leg knee brace (soccer injury) at his first Muse concert in 12/04 and he didn't sit! How can you just sit there?! I remember after the opening song, he turned to me and calmly and slowly said, "Holy shit!" Another Muse addict is born! (This MuseMom pulled him out of school for a couple of days to go to LA, where his brother was in college, so they could experience Muse live in concert.... guess I'm a bad mom?)

awww i wish my mum was as cool as you :) she doesnt like muse at all...

was just saying that they have a legitimate excuse if they cant stand :)

but its true...you cant just sit and watch muse...you have to stand and jump around!!!

so cool you got to meet them too :)

awww i wish my mum was as cool as you :) she doesnt like muse at all...

was just saying that they have a legitimate excuse if they cant stand :)

but its true...you cant just sit and watch muse...you have to stand and jump around!!!

so cool you got to meet them too :)

So true. That is why for the two times I saw muse, it was a MUST to get standing/GA tickets.

i've only had seating tickets once(and that's cos it was first release of tickets) and never again will i get seating tickets! too much fun is had on the floor/GA area!!!

Part of the MUSExperience is to get squashed, sweat it out, jump around with random strangers and go home exhausted. :LOL:

Part of the MUSExperience is to get squashed, sweat it out, jump around with random strangers and go home exhausted. :LOL:

damn straight...or in my case my first barrier experience being squashed and waiting for 7+ hours to see muse at BDO :)

other than that i'm usually at the side with room to jump around like crazy :) coming out sweaty and tired is a pre-requesite when coming out of a muse show :)

I'm so glad this thread is here - I will be going to not only my first Muse concert, but my first concert ever. I will be in the seats for one concert and in GA for the second so I'll get to experience both worlds (unless I manage to swap my seated ticket for a GA ticket).

OK, so I've read through this whole thread and I'm pretty sure these questions haven't been asked.

I plan to get to the venue very early so I can get a spot at the barrier, and I was wondering when do they generally open the gate? About an hour before the show starts? How long does the band usually play? I've heard about 2 - 2 1/2 hours is average. Also, are there breaks throughout the show, like after the opening band? I really want to be in the pit, but I'm starting to think I might not have the stamina for it, especially if it last longer than a few hours.

I am completely ignorant about rock concerts so any info would be helpful. I want to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks!

I'm so glad this thread is here - I will be going to not only my first Muse concert, but my first concert ever. I will be in the seats for one concert and in GA for the second so I'll get to experience both worlds (unless I manage to swap my seated ticket for a GA ticket).

OK, so I've read through this whole thread and I'm pretty sure these questions haven't been asked.

I plan to get to the venue very early so I can get a spot at the barrier, and I was wondering when do they generally open the gate? About an hour before the show starts? How long does the band usually play? I've heard about 2 - 2 1/2 hours is average. Also, are there breaks throughout the show, like after the opening band? I really want to be in the pit, but I'm starting to think I might not have the stamina for it, especially if it last longer than a few hours.

I am completely ignorant about rock concerts so any info would be helpful. I want to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks!

Usually doors open at 06pm/ 06:30pm, then the support band from 0700 to 0730 or 0730pm til 08pm and them Muse about 30 mins later...

Muse set normally last 1hr45 to 1hr50. There is normally a 5/10 mins after the end of the main set and the encore.

Thanks!

What L said :D

And as a note... it may differ from gig to gig - I have tickets to 3 US shows, my VA gig ticket says on there that it starts at 8PM and doors open at 6:30. The NY one also says it starts at 8PM and the MD one says it starts at 7:30 but neither of those say anything about when gates open.

So, judging by the VA ticket I'd say expect the doors to open 1.5hrs before the gig start time, SSPU to be on stage shortly after the start time for a half hour, then maybe 20mins or so as they set up for Muse, then Muse for about 1hr45min :) (Using the VA show times, that would be gates opening at 6:30PM, SSPU on stage around 8PM, Muse on stage around 9PM, everything over by 11PM)

Thanks!

The thread still lives!!! My first Muse gig was also my first pit experience. Luckily, I had been to other band gigs, and watched the insanity of the floor from the safety of my seat. Some kids out there are complete n00bs, and not only have a miserable time at the gig, but make those around them miserable as well.

Be prepared, Don't Be a Dick, and most importantly of all, have fun!

Thanks for all the help, everyone! I feel much better about it now - I can definitely handle 1 hr 45min.

Now I just have to see if I can hopefully meet up with some fellow Musers who can protect me since I'm so small! :) I'm sure I'll make some new friends while waiting in line too.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the help, everyone! I feel much better about it now - I can definitely handle 1 hr 45min.

Now I just have to see if I can hopefully meet up with some fellow Musers who can protect me since I'm so small! :) I'm sure I'll make some new friends while waiting in line too.

you dont know waiting unless you were at the BDO :) i spent almost 9 or so hours on the barrier waiting for muse's set at the sydney big day out...no toilet breaks no food breaks (i had museli bars and lollies with me)...usually the doors will open at least and hour and a half to two hours before the support act...and then they usually play for about 1/2 hour to 40 mins and then there's about a 45 mins break between the support and muse.

but the most important thing is have fun!!! it will be an amazing experience and worth the wait!

I agree, it WILL be an amazing experience - and who better than Muse for my first concert?

The 1st posting of this thread said that some musers experiences were ruined because they went into the pit not knowing what they were getting into. That would have been me.

But now I know where to stand, when to duck, what's acceptable/unacceptable, and how to deal with rude/pushy people. I can be mean if I have to! :mad: Plus, I am fully bracing myself to be bruised, jostled, possibly even elbowed. But hey, it's all part of the fun! I think I'd rather be in a wild, enthusiastic, pushy crowd than one where people are just standing there.

Okay so this thread has gotten HUUUGE so i'm going to hope this hasn't been brought up yet...

who here has actually met the boys? if so, what were the circumstances? i would love to be able to meet them somehow, but i don't know how to really go about it. any tips? :D

This is a thread about what to expect if you are standing at a Muse gig...

Try asking your question on this thread, which is more relevant:

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=39781&page=7&highlight=meeting+muse

:)

I agree, it WILL be an amazing experience - and who better than Muse for my first concert?

The 1st posting of this thread said that some musers experiences were ruined because they went into the pit not knowing what they were getting into. That would have been me.

But now I know where to stand, when to duck, what's acceptable/unacceptable, and how to deal with rude/pushy people. I can be mean if I have to! :mad: Plus, I am fully bracing myself to be bruised, jostled, possibly even elbowed. But hey, it's all part of the fun! I think I'd rather be in a wild, enthusiastic, pushy crowd than one where people are just standing there.

and dont forget to have fun! trust me even if you dont go right on the barrier it will be so much fun! and dont forget to sing your little lungs out!

Okay so this thread has gotten HUUUGE so i'm going to hope this hasn't been brought up yet...

who here has actually met the boys? if so, what were the circumstances? i would love to be able to meet them somehow, but i don't know how to really go about it. any tips? :D

u havent met them myself...i missed them when they did an interview at a radio station cos i was in the wrong place...

you could try and meet them at the airport..but you've gotta be patient and be prepared to wait wait wait!!! and do a lot of research into what flight you think they are going to be on...it was kinda easy with BDO as we had interviews that were announced so we could figure out when they were coming into sydney...

i'm going to the chicago show and i'm not too sure when i should arrive to wait in line

i want to be right in the front haha:p

i was thinking 9-10 am?

first muse show!!! :awesome:

you'll probably be fine then :) i've only ever been on the barrier for muse once, but that was at the big day out and that was a festival :)

Okay so I've only been to music festivals and real small lesser known bands and have gotten there maybe 30 min before it started and was up front and center by the stage....my question is of course when to arrive at the NASHVILLE show in order to get up on the barrier I can take the abuse have done so many times at warped and those punk emo ass posers didnt take me down so come on guys I need some help

Okay so I've only been to music festivals and real small lesser known bands and have gotten there maybe 30 min before it started and was up front and center by the stage....my question is of course when to arrive at the NASHVILLE show in order to get up on the barrier I can take the abuse have done so many times at warped and those punk emo ass posers didnt take me down so come on guys I need some help

dont be nasty or there will be some very pissed off people...

seriously, let the people who've been there since the morning be the first to get up front...if you get up front...fine...but just be nice :)

Just don't be a dick. It's not fair to those who queued all day. Honestly, I don't see how you can show up right before a show and end up right at the front and center without being a dick, though.