Yeah. I was at the front of Wicked and you could literelly see the spit and sweat of the actors' flying off into the audience, it's gross :LOL:

Looooovely :LOL:

:LOL:

Can it be worse than the sweat from a stranger who's pressed against you in the pit though? :D

Hm, I don't mind that so much oddly. . .mainly because I can't see the sweat flying towards me, as vile as that may sound :LOL:

The worst is farts at a gig :vomit:

:vomit:

Well the sweat thing is gross. But i'm worried i'm only 4'8" yess I am really short and going to see Muse on March 2nd yay! But i am in GA well i love GA but also have a problem seeing obviously haha...ugh I don't know what to do I hate being mean and trying to get through people just to get a good enough view to at least see some of the band :(

:chuckle:

So far I've managed not to notice any.

Well the sweat thing is gross. But i'm worried i'm only 4'8" yess I am really short and going to see Muse on March 2nd yay! But i am in GA well i love GA but also have a problem seeing obviously haha...ugh I don't know what to do I hate being mean and trying to get through people just to get a good enough view to at least see some of the band :(

My sister was only just over 5ft tall when I took her to see Muse a few years ago, and she didn't really have any problems. . .people were jumping up and down all night anyway, so she just jumped with them :LOL: But if you want to get a bit further in to get a better view at any point, then go in on Chris's side - it's a bit calmer to work your way through if needs be.

:LOL::LOL: <3

Luckily (or not) the only thing flying from the stage to my face has been alcohol.

Mm, beer showers :awesome:

If you're not too far from the barrier, maybe you can ask people if you can get closer to it because of your height, or just ask them if they can get some space for you closer to the stage. One thing, do it straight when you arrive, before the supporting act starts. After that it's too late.

Hm, I don't mind that so much oddly. . .mainly because I can't see the sweat flying towards me, as vile as that may sound :LOL:

You reminded me of Paris - I have a video of Chris where you can actually see the sweat flying off him... "someone please get that man a towel!" :LOL:

If you're not too far from the barrier, maybe you can ask people if you can get closer to it because of your height, or just ask them if they can get some space for you closer to the stage. One thing, do it straight when you arrive, before the supporting act starts. After that it's too late.

Yep don't worry as soon as I get there I am going straight towards the stage lol! But yea if I can't see I usually ask if I can maybe stand in front of them or something. It's not like I would be blocking their view or anything... haha.

Depends where you are, perhaps, and if you're in numbered seats or if it's a GA bunfight. It's a bit easier to take pics and such, and you have somewhere to park your bum and just enjoy the pure glory of Exogenesis (I leaned back on the top of my folded-up seat at Sheffield) and you can go to the loo if someone can hold your place for you. I haven't experienced the floor yet but I imagine just the sheer press of bodies leads to a more intense experience.

We got general allowance.... oh well, mates are more persuasive than me anyways, theyll get what they want lol

:LOL: Even at really small shows (this is my experience with other artists) in tiny little venues it's not close enough for sweat. Spit might be a better possibility:D

:LOL: Alright... I mean, I've just heard a lot of things from my friends about gigs they've been to and I wasn't sure if it was the same with Muse.

The barrier is about 1m 1/2 away from the stage.

Srsly what is it with people and wanting Bellamy's sweat??

*shudders*

I didn't say I wanted Matt's sweat on me...:erm:

In general arena gigs it's usually a few feet, I don't think Muse have played that intimately in a while :LOL:

:LOL: didn't think so

Anyone who wants Bellamy's sweat on them needs their head examined.

Eew.

:indiff:

i didn't say I wanted bellamy's sweat on me!

okay, so say I make it to the barrier. I'm right up front.

How close is the stage to the barrier? does it vary for different venues? or is it always like, close enough for matt to sweat on you, or is there like a gap bigger than that?

(if this makes sense...)

depending on the venue...if its a huge show like wembley...i'd make it a guess of at least 5 metres from the front of the barrier to the stage...smaller venues a couple of metres...this is allowance for security and photographers/videographers and what not...

Get to know people around you in line. Make friends with everyone. Strength in numbers!! Also, if you can, there's usually a support beam off the barrier, there's one dead center and some near the left and right. It depends on how big the barrier is. Try standing and holding onto that if things get really rough.

i always grab the support beam...they usually have them attached to these little platforms the security stand on to pull people from the pit...i grab those and hold on for dear life...you get a sore arm the next day but you dont get shoved out of the way though :)

hmmm i cant decide :( my friends wanna sit but.. its my first muse gig damnit and sitting seems boring :LOL:

sitting is boring...i dont think i've seen anybody really sitting at a muse gig!!! unless you've got a broken leg or something...then you've got an excuse!

Yeah. I was at the front of Wicked and you could literelly see the spit and sweat of the actors' flying off into the audience, it's gross :LOL:

But you probably didn't have a crush on the cast :chuckle: This is different:D

I haven't ever had anything thrown at me from the stage before. I really don't want to be showered in alcohol :LOL:

+1

:chuckle: Sorry!

:LOL: And Matt has his towel!

Now that's one towel I wouldn't mind having

I didn't say I wanted Matt's sweat on me...:erm:

:LOL: didn't think so

:indiff:

i didn't say I wanted bellamy's sweat on me!

Sorry about the misunderstanding but the last time someone used that expression they literally wanted to be hit by his sweat :erm:

sitting is boring...i dont think i've seen anybody really sitting at a muse gig!!! unless you've got a broken leg or something...then you've got an excuse!

My son was on crutches with a full-leg knee brace (soccer injury) at his first Muse concert in 12/04 and he didn't sit! How can you just sit there?! I remember after the opening song, he turned to me and calmly and slowly said, "Holy shit!" Another Muse addict is born! (This MuseMom pulled him out of school for a couple of days to go to LA, where his brother was in college, so they could experience Muse live in concert.... guess I'm a bad mom?)

PICT0005.thumb.JPG.73c48b0eb3066997141413633ec098bf.JPG

My son was on crutches with a full-leg knee brace (soccer injury) at his first Muse concert in 12/04 and he didn't sit! How can you just sit there?! I remember after the opening song, he turned to me and calmly and slowly said, "Holy shit!" Another Muse addict is born! (This MuseMom pulled him out of school for a couple of days to go to LA, where his brother was in college, so they could experience Muse live in concert.... guess I'm a bad mom?)

thats so awesome! no your probably the sweetest mom ever? hahahaha