Any tips on sneaking into GA? I have seated tickets and really love being in the pit at concerts. I'm going to try and go for it( I know there is not much chance of succeeding), but any tips or stories from people that have done it would be helpful

It really depends on the venue. Years back for Blink 182, at the Oakland Arena (California), to get into GA, all you had to do was jump over the bars (bars were about three feet high, with a six foot drop to the floor below) and run faster than the guards. I had just had a baby about four months earlier, and even I was able to hotfoot it into the pit. :) But if you're in a venue where the seats and floor are totally separated from one another, then I'm assuming it would be too tough.

Also, the Blink show wasn't hugely populated. My friends were caught in the pit, but they weren't thrown out - they were just shown to their seats.

I was moshing in Boston and people around me and the pit looked seriously miffed. Why? I don't get it. Pit...where does it come from...hmmmm...perhaps MOSH pit? It seemed like a lot of people just wanted to stand there with their arms folded, doing minimal effort head-nodding. So distressing. Why go to a show and be in the pit if you don't want to feed off of the energy of the band and the music and go NUTS?

Oh, so I wasn't the only one who noticed that :erm: I was bracing myself against the barrier, prepared to get beaten to a bloody pulp as soon as they started playing, but all the action seemed to be in the middle. Is this how it always is, like is it just being on Chris's side that seems to calm everyone down a bit, or was it just the gig? Because honestly, I was about the only one (other than my mom :LOL:) that was fist pumping and jumping around on that side...

It really depends on the venue. Years back for Blink 182, at the Oakland Arena (California), to get into GA, all you had to do was jump over the bars (bars were about three feet high, with a six foot drop to the floor below) and run faster than the guards. I had just had a baby about four months earlier, and even I was able to hotfoot it into the pit. :) But if you're in a venue where the seats and floor are totally separated from one another, then I'm assuming it would be too tough.

Also, the Blink show wasn't hugely populated. My friends were caught in the pit, but they weren't thrown out - they were just shown to their seats.

For the love of God, DON'T encourage this, please.

For the love of God, DON'T encourage this, please.

No no no - not encouraging it. I actually went into the seats after Bad Religion played, and before Blink came on - quite frankly, unless there's actual moshing going on, I'd rather be sitting and have room, then standing and be squished.

Also, the Blink show was only about 1/4 full, so there was no danger of overloading the pit.

No no no - not encouraging it. I actually went into the seats after Bad Religion played, and before Blink came on - quite frankly, unless there's actual moshing going on, I'd rather be sitting and have room, then standing and be squished.

Also, the Blink show was only about 1/4 full, so there was no danger of overloading the pit.

Fair enough, but the way you had written your previous post made it seem like you were, that's all.

That's not really the point though, rules are rules. If you have seats, you have seats, end of.

Oh, so I wasn't the only one who noticed that :erm: I was bracing myself against the barrier, prepared to get beaten to a bloody pulp as soon as they started playing, but all the action seemed to be in the middle. Is this how it always is, like is it just being on Chris's side that seems to calm everyone down a bit, or was it just the gig? Because honestly, I was about the only one (other than my mom :LOL:) that was fist pumping and jumping around on that side...

I actually had to drop back a bit from where I was to reach the action. Such bullcrap. The Philly show was even less active than the Boston show :stunned:

Yeah, true.

But, it's not terrible if you don't get GA. People shouldn't beat themselves up for not getting it. The show should be enjoyed no matter where they are.

here here!

Just a tip for anyone carrying money (not sure if this has already been mentioned):

I always found it really easy to take a plain paper envelope, stick some money in, and maybe an ID if it's needed, then pin the envelope (not spearing the cash through, just the top and flap of the envelope) to the inside waistband of my jeans. It's like a super discreet money belt, without the hassle of an actual belt. :)

You can also pin it to the inside of your pocket if you're worried about feeling the envelope against your waist. I never had a problem with feeling the envelope - the sweat that will undoubtedly accumulate softens up the envelope a bit, but doesn't hurt the money, honey.

SIDENOTE: Totally embarrassed to admit it, but the roughest pit I've ever been in was for Bush :$, way back when they were at Live 105 BFD with No Doubt. It was only rough because the security guards were total pricks, and the pit was on a steep slanted hill. So everyone was falling down into security, and security was literally punching and pushing people back up.

It sounds like Muse doesn't necessarily get a circle pit going or anything, just a huge mob of people all shoving to the front.

that's actually not a bad idea!!! up there for thinking :) ah bush i remember them :) hehehe i used to love them...

I think the reason that people are saying they want to sneak into the pit is because they are pissed they didn't get pit tickets, or had no chance (such as I, now forced to buy it from a scalper)

Well yes, I kind of gathered that. Still no excuse though - they should just be grateful they got tickets in the first place.

Just a tip for anyone carrying money (not sure if this has already been mentioned):

I always found it really easy to take a plain paper envelope, stick some money in, and maybe an ID if it's needed, then pin the envelope (not spearing the cash through, just the top and flap of the envelope) to the inside waistband of my jeans. It's like a super discreet money belt, without the hassle of an actual belt. :)

You can also pin it to the inside of your pocket if you're worried about feeling the envelope against your waist. I never had a problem with feeling the envelope - the sweat that will undoubtedly accumulate softens up the envelope a bit, but doesn't hurt the money, honey.

SIDENOTE: Totally embarrassed to admit it, but the roughest pit I've ever been in was for Bush :$, way back when they were at Live 105 BFD with No Doubt. It was only rough because the security guards were total pricks, and the pit was on a steep slanted hill. So everyone was falling down into security, and security was literally punching and pushing people back up.

It sounds like Muse doesn't necessarily get a circle pit going or anything, just a huge mob of people all shoving to the front.

thats actually a pretty good idea. ive been reading posts where people are all 'dont take a purse!' etc. and im going, but where the hell do i put my money (if needed)??? in my pocket? shoe? good grief. But your suggestion is the best ive heard so far, thx!

I think the reason that people are saying they want to sneak into the pit is because they are pissed they didn't get pit tickets, or had no chance (such as I, now forced to buy it from a scalper)

In reality they had as much chance as anyone else. We all have to go through the same ticket-buying hell, you should try it over here in the UK if you think it's bad in America!

Quickest on the button gets the prize. Those prepared to persevere for hours get the prize.

thats actually a pretty good idea. ive been reading posts where people are all 'dont take a purse!' etc. and im going, but where the hell do i put my money (if needed)??? in my pocket? shoe? good grief. But your suggestion is the best ive heard so far, thx!

I got a little cellphone wallet thing that has a strap you can wear around your neck/shoulders and that worked out nicely. One side is for your phone, and the other side has a zipper area for your ID, cash, etc.... It was just big enough for those things plus my spare car key, chapstick, etc...

Tough shit, we can't all get what we want, there's probably loads more people who couldn't get any tickets at all or make it to the gig

... Is this how it always is, like is it just being on Chris's side that seems to calm everyone down a bit, or was it just the gig? Because honestly, I was about the only one (other than my mom :LOL:) that was fist pumping and jumping around on that side...

I like your mom! Hooray for Muser Oldies!

Bad Religion is amazing live! Blink, not so much -- it was hilarious a few years back when Green Day opened for Blink (yes, you read that right) and more than half the audience left after GD because Blink were just so boring....

I got a little cellphone wallet thing that has a strap you can wear around your neck/shoulders and that worked out nicely. One side is for your phone, and the other side has a zipper area for your ID, cash, etc.... It was just big enough for those things plus my spare car key, chapstick, etc...

I do the same thing with my camera case; has a long strap, can sling it over my shoulder and keep it right in front of me. Whatever works!

It was so tame in my pit. I think I was the worst offender because I kept bouncing into the guy behind me's belly and landing on the feet of the chick next to me. (*If you are reading, sorry for landing on your feet a few times*). Anyways, lots of terror for nothing. :chuckle:

i try to get pit tickets...and if all else fails...seats...better than nothing at all!

In reality they had as much chance as anyone else. We all have to go through the same ticket-buying hell, you should try it over here in the UK if you think it's bad in America!

Quickest on the button gets the prize. Those prepared to persevere for hours get the prize.

i know what you mean...i thought australia was pretty bad...but man you have to be online at 9am if you want tickets in london! i reserved myself to seats and only one night of muse...but then they had a second release and i managed to get tickets for the GA the second time around...so i had a wonderful weekend filled with museness and euphoria :)

Bad Religion is amazing live! Blink, not so much -- it was hilarious a few years back when Green Day opened for Blink (yes, you read that right) and more than half the audience left after GD because Blink were just so boring....

bad religion were awesome when i saw them a couple of years ago too...and it was their first show in AGES or someting :)

Actually having bought Muse tickets in France, UK and the US... The pre-sale and general sale for The UK Resistance Tour still has to be the worst ticket buying experience I have encountered :LOL:

OMG i went to the chicago show last nite, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE PIT it is extremely soft. I think people posting about it being rough are because of previous tours.

You weren't in the middle up front. I was getting squished on both sides by a bunch of dickwads who were scooting their arms over so their friends could squeeze in. Even Matt's side wasn't as bad as the middle.

You weren't in the middle up front. I was getting squished on both sides by a bunch of dickwads who were scooting their arms over so their friends could squeeze in. Even Matt's side wasn't as bad as the middle.

Ugh I hate the douchebags who try to squeeze their way up front. When I'm on the front rail or barrier or whatever at shows and people are trying to force their way in, I get the urge to stretch my legs back. I may even kick the douchebags. What a shame. My apologies. :shifty:

Ugh I hate the douchebags who try to squeeze their way up front. When I'm on the front rail or barrier or whatever at shows and people are trying to force their way in, I get the urge to stretch my legs back. I may even kick the douchebags. What a shame. My apologies. :shifty:

I'm glad you do :phu: When I was at the barrier, some guy elbowed me in the jaw and pushed me away form the barrier :supersad: ..... But a nice girl let me stand in front of her until he moved :happy: So not everyone is bad, thankfully. He was the only douchebag I came across actually...

I'm glad you do :phu: When I was at the barrier, some guy elbowed me in the jaw and pushed me away form the barrier :supersad: ..... But a nice girl let me stand in front of her until he moved :happy: So not everyone is bad, thankfully. He was the only douchebag I came across actually...

I seriously don't understand that. If I don't queue all day and just show up when doors open I don't expect to get barrier/front rail. I wouldn't force my way up and be a douchebag. I'd just go where I could and be happy with my spot. But that's just me.

I seriously don't understand that. If I don't queue all day and just show up when doors open I don't expect to get barrier/front rail. I wouldn't force my way up and be a douchebag. I'd just go where I could and be happy with my spot. But that's just me.

I genuinely could not agree more with you. If someone wants the barrier, then they should queue. If they can't queue, then tough luck.