City of Delusion Discussion

Hopix

One of their very best songs. It's fucking amazing! (and highly underrated). It's a shame there's little chance of them playing it again anytime in the near future... but it was awesome while it lasted, live. It's just got layers of brilliance; strings, bass, Spanish guitar, drums ... fookin' fantastic! This song alone brings BH&R up 10 notches in my esteem :LOL::D.

It's my second fave (Take A Bow is always # 1) from that album.

Best song on BH&R by a country-mile - along with Take A Bow and Map Of The Problematique, it saves BH&R from absolute mediocrity. It would have fit superbly on The Resistance as well if they were to re-record it.

Agree about those three songs, but I also think Hoodoo and Knights save it well, too; they're great tracks. And SMBH is a good song, despite the Twatlight overkill and many Musers finding it boring now. :phu: lol.

Best song on BH&R by a country-mile - along with Take A Bow and Map Of The Problematique, it saves BH&R from absolute mediocrity. It would have fit superbly on The Resistance as well if they were to re-record it.

:yesey::yesey: You talk sense. I love Hoodoo as well though.

City of Delusion is a fantastic track. I adore it.

Favourite song on BH&R and in my top 5 Muse songs...

If they were to bring an orchestra on stage then that song would be a perfect choice: full strings, brass, spanish guitar but I'm not holding out my breath knowing Muse that's never gonna happen...

:LOL: ... Poor Hopix doesn't share our perverted thoughts, hahaha! :p Actually, maybe that's a good thing! I read Mozza's post and LOL'd, so I just had to mention what I was thinking of *head-in-gutter*

I'll never think of CoD in the same way again :chuckle:!

:LOL::LOL: I think Mozza got the short end of the straw, Id definitely rather see it with the trumpet, if you know what I mean. :eyebrows::p

You lot are disgusting.

I've seen it with both. Highlight of 'that' gig for sure!

You saw it with both :eek: ... that must have looked... weird :stunned:. lol

Anyways, enough of the nastiness :p ... Srsly, I didn't know they performed it without Dan Dan the Trumpet man?! What did they do in the trumpet-interval part, then? I need footage of this!!

You saw it with both :eek: ... that must have looked... weird :stunned:. lol

Anyways, enough of the nastiness :p ... Srsly, I didn't know they performed it without Dan Dan the Trumpet man?! What did they do in the trumpet-interval part, then? I need footage of this!!

It's in my post on the first page.

Basically Nottingham 2006 they changed the setlist at the last minute and played BHaR in full (which wasn't very good to be honest). They probably hadn't planned to play City of Delusion that night so Dan was not booked. Instead Matt played the trumpet solo on guitar. It was a bit mental.

Archived