City of Delusion Discussion

Hopix

One of my favourite tracks ever, and so good live. I saw it at Wembley but I think this performance was better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcIUo9GpWck

I think I will always kick myself for not going to the 2006 gigs :mad:

Brilliant song, brilliant performance. Always been my favourite track on BHAR. :cool: Wish they'd played it on the second Wembley 2007 date and put it on the HAARP DVD. :(

Wow, so not a single person has posted anything negative about the song on this thread? Possibly a Muse forum first? :awesome:

It's my favorite on the album. :happy:

It's not a single and is underplayed live.

Either you love it or you've forgotten it existed. I love it, one of the best post 2005 era Muse songs.

Wow, so not a single person has posted anything negative about the song on this thread? Possibly a Muse forum first? :awesome:

It's my favorite on the album. :happy:

One of my longtime friends hates Muse with a passion, but even she likes CoD! :rolleyes:

I love this song.

Does nobody else get ticked off when Matt changes the "I will avenge" to falsetto for live versions? Seriously? I love how he belts it out in the studio version, but he never does that live. He still has the range because he hit that same note in Prague. I dun geddit :(

I love this song.

Does nobody else get ticked off when Matt changes the "I will avenge" to falsetto for live versions? Seriously? I love how he belts it out in the studio version, but he never does that live. He still has the range because he hit that same note in Prague. I dun geddit :(

Yes! I agree, it's weird. I guess he just can't do it live. :( He does the same thing with SFA at the end, at least sometimes. The only thing I can figure is when your voice gets tired after you've been singing for awhile, it can literally give out on certain pitches and you have to switch to head voice.

Yes! I agree, it's weird. I guess he just can't do it live. :( He does the same thing with SFA at the end, at least sometimes. The only thing I can figure is when your voice gets tired after you've been singing for awhile, it can literally give out on certain pitches and you have to switch to head voice.

When they record the studio versions, they have ages to record the perfect track. I think most people would rather hear him reach the note in falsetto than miss it in his normal voice and cock up the next part of the song as he recovers it, they've gotta think of the performance as a whole, and make some compromises

There actually was a live performance of this song where Matt didn't use the falsetto in the final chorus. It sounded great, but he sounded tired at the end of it :p

That would be the ultimate! Do you know if it is on youtube?

Archived