jo-an

Bitchin :LOL:

I see what they're trying to say about not many people from the messageboard being at all the concerts so we shouldn't judge the setlists but I still think they should be rotating the oldies.

I don't think they were intentionally trying to make a point ... Matt seems more spontaneously amused by the lack of boardies, or amused by the irony of it.

Bliss including Matts message to the board.

Matt 'This ones for the messageboard'

Crowd * Silence *

Matt: 'So, that's about ten of you then'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQSBbpK66cQ

Matt's second comment was as a reaction to a small group of Musers to the left of the stage at the front who screamed out when the Board was mentioned. Due to the lack of response this is why he mentioned that there were just ten of them. Infact there were more of us there but we didn't all react to his comment and were scattered about. This is the same group that he then threw the plectrums down to at the end of the gig.

Matt's second comment was as a reaction to a small group of Musers to the left of the stage at the front who screamed out when the Board was mentioned. Due to the lack of response this is why he mentioned that there were just ten of them. Infact there were more of us there but we didn't all react to his comment and were scattered about. This is the same group that he then threw the plectrums down to at the end of the gig.

In fact, I was there and I'm from the board, but I just don't understand what he says most of the time because of the really loud sound and how fast he speaks...

In fact, I was there and I'm from the board, but I just don't understand what he says most of the time because of the really loud sound and how fast he speaks...

Yes, Matt speaks really fast...I think nerves and/or enthusiasm. Once you've worked out what he has said it is normally too late to respond! I'm sure there were lots of us there. Definitely more than 10 of us! :)

Yes, Matt speaks really fast...I think nerves and/or enthusiasm. Once you've worked out what he has said it is normally too late to respond! I'm sure there were lots of us there. Definitely more than 10 of us! :)

Indeed, I was thinking 'wait, what did he just say?' :LOL:

I'd like one of his plectrums though, he's the reason I learned guitar. It would be cool to play guitar with one of his plectrums. Too bad I was too far from stage :(

Same here :D Talking fast + lots of screams = troublesome communication. But it was cool to mention the board at all. Seeing and hearing Bliss live, dream come true :p

So I think most of the major points of the set have already been discussed (the Bliss dedication, the Glitterati throw and Dom's ridiculous 'crowd participation'). We decided it was slightly reminiscent of the Guiding Light snare-drum-in-a-field video - no one could actually tell that he was playing Starlight :LOL:

Myself and Cupkaykie had lots of fun down the front in the 5 or 10 boardies area, largely because one of the newspapers was giving out signs which you could write on with permanent markers. Ours looked like this:

x2_1cd3720

and got used at the appropriate moments, like 'United staaaaaates of....Eura-CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE' and 'CHEEEEEESE ME, show me how it's done', and of course during Feeling Cheese. We also had this sign:

x2_1cd1c43

which Matt read during Uprising and looked thouroughly confused at :LOL: But yeah, let's not bring up that argument here...

Also, despite Matt's questionable attempts at Dutch, Dom still felt the need to say 'merci beaucoup' at the end of the set :facepalm: Wrong part of Belgium there, Dom.

Matt gave a load of his plectrums to security at the end but I didn't manage to get one :( Even though the lovely security came over to us with yellow and white earplugs in their hands and took advantage of our post-muse delirium. Hilarious.

Seems like it was a great gig.

About Dom's Merci beaucoup: Most of the artists also say it in French, it's not that strange ^^ And Dom even gave an interview to a Walloon radio station that was also present at Werchter (Pure FM).

Aaah I was one of them! I was all in the front and after matt said it was for the messageboard I screamed BLISS!! really loud and went crazy :LOL:

I was kind of annoyed by this really big guy who stood all in the front and was only taking pictures with a big camera. While some people couldn't see shit.

Archived