jo-an

Compared to the most recent gigs I've been to, Matt appeared to make more of an effort to build a rapport with the audience. There were at least a couple of attempts by him to speak Dutch, which was quite amusing and then the usual quickly spoken English. He did not say alot, but it was more than normal. The reports (or may be one?) which I'd read from Glastonbury did mention his lack of communication. To be perfectly honest, I have absolutely no issues as to whether he speaks or not. I just absolutely love listening and watching them perform...whether they choose to speak is up to them. :D
i doubt it has anything to do with the media eaction, tbh. for years, the lack of verbal communication with the audience has been pointed out in reviews. glastonbury is no different and frankly, i read countless reviews of glasto and this 'communication' aspect wasn't more mentioned than usual, really.

i think it's far more likely that, depending on the day (night lol) and on matt's mood, he will feel more relaxed and attempt some more banter. it's not the first time it happens, that people arrive surprised from a gig because matt talked 'a lot' :LOL:

he always says random stuff anyway when he talks more than the usual, i think you can tell it's spontaneous.

1. Uprising (extended)

2. Supermassive Black Hole

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Bliss (extended)

6. Nishe

7. United States of Eurasia

8. Feeling Good

9. Undisclosed Desires

10. Resistance

11. Interlude + Hysteria

12. Time Is Running Out

13. Starlight

14. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore

15. Plug In Baby

16. Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia

taken from Musewiki

They're just playing singles now. (Nishe is an interlude)

this was only my second show i've seen, but I too noticed that Matt did a lot of extra stuff :)

I've seen plenty of videos from other show, so I know what is usually played.

Matt seemed to have quite some fun on stage, so i guess we were a good crowd ^^

the kaoss pad scratching on multiple occasions was epic! :D

Bliss including Matts message to the board.

Matt 'This ones for the messageboard'

Crowd * Silence *

Matt: 'So, that's about ten of you then'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQSBbpK66cQ

Bitchin :LOL:

I see what they're trying to say about not many people from the messageboard being at all the concerts so we shouldn't judge the setlists but I still think they should be rotating the oldies.

Bitchin :LOL:

I see what they're trying to say about not many people from the messageboard being at all the concerts so we shouldn't judge the setlists but I still think they should be rotating the oldies.

I don't know to be honest. I think it was just a reaction to not getting much cheering rather than making any particular point. Cool though. :D

Mind you I think Dom said "I heard about five", so yeah you could be right! That would be hilarious! :D And could explain why they dropped CE and Bliss from the following set! ;) Mind you, saying that, it still looks like the audience enjoyed it. :D

Archived