jo-an

http://www.rockwerchter.be

MUSE CONFIRMED

A second confirmed act for Rock Werchter 2010. Another huge name. Wildly popular. Friends of the family. MUSE. Over the past ten years, this band has co-defined the look and the sound of Rock Werchter. The love is huge and mutual. Each and every new album constitutes a new passage. And each time, the growth curve would shoot the roof. Muse would always exceed their expectations when it comes to creativity and virtuosity. Success and honour followed these stormy developments. The Resistance (2009) entered the charts at # 1 in 19 countries, going platinum in Belgium after a couple of weeks. Reviews were almost unanimous. The album was praised for its sheer beauty and brilliance. Especially closing track Exogenesis manages to impress big time. It is a symphony in three parts featuring over 40 musicians. Front man Matthew Bellamy drew his inspiration from classical composers such as Chopin and Rachmaninoff and from rock classics like Pink Floyd and Queen. That is how big and timeless they are going to be according to Queen's Brian May: I think they're very god boys and extremely talented, and like us they have their tongue in cheek a lot of time.

I've just been on the Werchter website and have seen it CONFIRMED with my own eyes! Let's just hope that they also play PinkPop.

They won't play Pinkpop, because they'll already do the gig at the Goffertpark.

Unfortunately...

Tickets go on sale on Saturday December 12th 2009 priced €180 (combi tickets) and €76 (day tickets). All tickets are inclusive of public transport (trains NMBS and festivalshuttle de Lijn from Leuven) within the Belgian borders from Thursday 1st July - Monday 5th July.

Tickets are available online from http://www.rockwerchter.be and http://www.proximusgoformusic.be and by phone in Belgium on 0900 2 60 60, in Holland on 0900 45 000 45 and from other countries on +32 34 00 00 34

Cheers.

Rammstein got confirmed this morning too.

These are the ticket prices:

“Early Bird” Festival 4-day pass (1 > 4 July) 180 euros (limited offer valid until January 4, 9 AM)

Festival 4-day pass (1 > 4 July) 188 euros (ticketprice as from January 4, 9 AM)

One-day ticket Thursday 1 July 76 euros

One-day ticket Friday 2 July 76 euros

One-day ticket Saturday 3 July 76 euros

One-day ticket Sunday 4 July 76 euros

Camp site ticket 18 euros

All mainstage headliners are confirmed. Muse the first, Green Day 2nd, Pink and Rammstein on the 3th and Pearl Jam to close it down totally on the 4th.

Who's going? :D

P.S.: I want more names :$

Because what if, I buy tickets for Thursday and then, within a month they announce let's say Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Editors on another day! Dilemma :LOL:

OMG Green Day too??? And Rammstein?

Fuck, Green Day would be awesome too even though I'm gonna see them twice in June.

Maybe I should buy day ticket for the first and second day... but I doubt any of my friends would join me and festivals alone suck. :indiff:

But yeah... I think I'm going the day Muse play.

YAYYYY!!!!

Tickets are going on sale tomorrow, I think I´m going to get mine straight away, though they usually don´t get sold out untill about, march. But yeah, I´m a Dutchie and it´s 10 euro´s cheaper if you buy them now...Still expensive though.

Muse is headlining thursday, which is the first day and you could get daytickets aswell, if you just wanna see Muse. But it´s a great festival, so I reccomend you go the full 4 days!!

Has anybody received an e-mail confirmation yet? Teleticket were absolutely useless as usual, their damn system cannot cope, but we THINK we eventually ordered tickets for both MUSE on the Thursday and GREENDAY on the Friday (ordered separately). I've been in to check the status and it says we are still on "reserved". It would be nice to hear something from them so I can relax knowing we were successful.

Archived