manson replica pics

Rokit

• 2 months later...
Yeah post it. And what do you mean factory made? A luthier made it for you?

No it wasn't personally made for me and I've no idea which factory made them either, just bought it from a guy on Ebay who said he had the last few. It does seem pretty legitimate though, not just him trying to pass it off as factory made. Apparently there were 100 of them produced? Mine was #99 ha :p

hmm yeah post it

I'll take a picture tomorrow seen as I don't have any on the computer. I'll do a few angles and show the headstock which wasn't painted nor had any type of branding on it which seemed a bit odd. Mind you, it is just a super cheap version of a normal Manson so less quality is definitely expected (the chips and dents will just be from my silly antics with it though :rolleyes:).

those were UGLAY! and apparently fairly dodgy :rolleyes:

I'll take a picture tomorrow seen as I don't have any on the computer. I'll do a few angles and show the headstock which wasn't painted nor had any type of branding on it which seemed a bit odd. Mind you, it is just a super cheap version of a normal Manson so less quality is definitely expected (the chips and dents will just be from my silly antics with it though :rolleyes:).

It's not a 'normal Manson'. Mansons make custom guitars, the guitar you have is the shape Matt Bellamy orders from Hugh manson, a custom guitar builder. He doesn't make one shape.

those were UGLAY! and apparently fairly dodgy :rolleyes:

It was pretty dodgy when it first arrived but it's not so bad now but ugly?? :eek: The wood looks a bit 'off' but the scaling seems just right and the finish on the body is gorgeous when it sparkles in light :happy:

Oh and when I said 'normal Manson' I just meant the shape, sorry.

Yeah that's the one I was thinking of, what's the playability like?

When I first bought it: horrible. The action was way off, the nut was much too high and the tuners are still stiff as hell.

Now: Not too bad. I sorted the action out and shaved the nut down so now I'm just saving for some decent tuners. The fretboard is...ok I suppose, a couple of frets are unbalanced and it needs a good oil (getting round to all of this). It's probably a long way off the quality of a real Manson but considering I'm gonna use it to make future mattocasters (thinking of a tremelo bridge) of my own and I bought it pretty cheap then it's not too shabby :happy:.

Yeah anything for £100 would be a hell of a long way from a real manson.

I've never had the pleasure of playing a real Manson and the price tag of £3500 is a bit hard to reach for a 15 year old so this was my only option really :$ But like I said I'm gonna use the body to make my own Manson-esque guitars that suit me :)

I've never had the pleasure of playing a real Manson and the price tag of £3500 is a bit hard to reach for a 15 year old so this was my only option really :$ But like I said I'm gonna use the body to make my own Manson-esque guitars that suit me :)

Don't worry I'm in the same boat as you. Although I admit I lol'd when you're replying to MFC saying that you're 15 and couldn't afford a Manson.

All we need is Jimbo and the Young Muser Mansons Club is complete

Archived