Here the right translation ;)

"Ich möchte ein/zwei/drei/vier Karten für Rock am Ring haben bitte" - I would like one/two/three/four tickets for Rock am Ring please

"Ich möchte die billigsten/das billigste" - I'd like the cheapest

"Wo ist das?" - Where is that?

"Was kostet das?" - How much is that?

"Ich habe kein Geld" - I have no money

"Ich liebe dich" - I love you (might work)

"Du hast schöne Augen" - You have beautiful eyes

"Ich möchte ein Bier bitte" - I'd like a beer please

"Wo ist mein Zelt?" - Where is my tent

"Ich habe kein Zelt, kann ich mit ihnen teilen?" - I have no tent, can I share with you

"Wann wird Muse spielen?" - When are Muse playing?

"Was ist dein Leiblingslied von Muse?" - What is your favourite Muse song?

"Das Wetter ist wunderbar" - The weather is wonderful

"Ich trinke bier" - I drink beer

The most were right ;)

Here the right translation ;)

"Ich möchte ein/zwei/drei/vier Karten für Rock am Ring haben bitte" - I would like one/two/three/four tickets for Rock am Ring please

"Ich möchte die billigsten/das billigste" - I'd like the cheapest

"Wo ist das?" - Where is that?

"Was kostet das?" - How much is that?

"Ich habe kein Geld" - I have no money

"Ich liebe dich" - I love you (might work)

"Du hast schöne Augen" - You have beautiful eyes

"Ich möchte ein Bier bitte" - I'd like a beer please

"Wo ist mein Zelt?" - Where is my tent

"Ich habe kein Zelt, kann ich mit ihnen teilen?" - I have no tent, can I share with you

"Wann wird Muse spielen?" - When are Muse playing?

"Was ist dein Leiblingslied von Muse?" - What is your favourite Muse song?

"Das Wetter ist wunderbar" - The weather is wonderful

"Ich trinke bier" - I drink beer

The most were right ;)

:awesome:

For UK people.. Found a flight for £56 (most of that is tax) from Stansted (also fly from Manchester and Birmingham) to Dusseldorf on Air Berlin. Rock AM Ring is a bit harder to get too so you'd by the looks of it have to fly to either Dusseldorf, Cologne or Frankfurt and get a bus/coach/train? :erm: Looks like Nurnberg where Rock IM Park is, is easier to get too as it has it's own airport but also looks a bit pricier. If any German folks could help us that would be great! :LOL:

For UK people.. Found a flight for £56 (most of that is tax) from Stansted (also fly from Manchester and Birmingham) to Dusseldorf on Air Berlin. Rock AM Ring is a bit harder to get too so you'd by the looks of it have to fly to either Dusseldorf, Cologne or Frankfurt and get a bus/coach/train? :erm: Looks like Nurnberg where Rock IM Park is, is easier to get too as it has it's own airport but also looks a bit pricier. If any German folks could help us that would be great! :LOL:

Maybe you should post something about that on the German thread in the international forum.

Rock am Ring is a bit remote that is right. I think you could fly to any of the cities you mentioned and then take a train to Koblenz. This is where the shuttlebus departs from. This is the German train website in English: http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml

Rock im Park is in the middle of a city (Nürnberg) which is quite practical. There are supermarkets and everything nearby. It is also smaller. You can fly to Nürnberg. But also Munich is only one hour by train away and may be cheaper to get to. There are cheaper regional trains which take a bit longer.

I've been to Rock am Ring once and Rock im Park 5 times and would be happy to help you out if you have any questions.

Maybe.. if it turns out Rock IM Park is easier to get too we need to make sure we get the right tickets!

tbh if I get a ticket I am happy to go to either or as I am planning to drive... Do we know which one has the best atmosphere?

Otherwise if Rock Im Park is in the middle of the city then where do you camp? Is it in a massive park or something and how much smaller is it?

So many questions and we don't even have tickets yet! :LOL:

I guess everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Rock am Ring is huge and legendary. Rock im Park is smaller and cosier.

There is more camping space at Rock am Ring so this is a bit more relaxed as at Rock im Park everything is pretty crammed together. Although there you can buy all your food and drinks at the cheap supermarket nearby. There is also a Burger King if you don't want to spend a lot of money at the booths at the festival. While at Rock am Ring people really bring everything and it's a little less restricted.

I guess it's all up to personal taste.

I guess everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Rock am Ring is huge and legendary. Rock im Park is smaller and cosier.

There is more camping space at Rock am Ring so this is a bit more relaxed as at Rock im Park everything is pretty crammed together. Although there you can buy all your food and drinks at the cheap supermarket nearby. There is also a Burger King if you don't want to spend a lot of money at the booths at the festival. While at Rock am Ring people really bring everything and it's a little less restricted.

I guess it's all up to personal taste.

Thanks for the info.

Looking at your sig we might see you at RiP and def. in Paris and Wembley (which dates are you going to?)

tbh if I get a ticket I am happy to go to either or as I am planning to drive... Do we know which one has the best atmosphere?

Otherwise if Rock Im Park is in the middle of the city then where do you camp? Is it in a massive park or something and how much smaller is it?

So many questions and we don't even have tickets yet! :LOL:

Ah when you are driving it really doesn't matter as much. I would have to say Rock am Ring. It is massive. Which as I am rather tiny didn't work as much for me. You don't get as close. Sometimes I couldn't even see the screens. I was first row which was really a challenge. But they have three barriers now so it might be a bit easier now.

If you look at the Muse footage from 2004 you get an idea.

There is a park. And there is always a lot of fuss over the nearest spots. Everything is a bit crammed together. There is also a special camping area right next to the main stage. For that you have to pay extra. While at Rock am Ring it is a bit more relaxed (at least it was in 2004 when I was there) but of course you have to walk a long time to reach the area.

Rock am Ring about 85.000. Rock im Park about 50.000 I think

Thanks for the info.

Looking at your sig we might see you at RiP and def. in Paris and Wembley (which dates are you going to?)

Sure, anytime

Right. We should organize a meetup of Muse fans. Especially as all of my friends seem not to be going to Rock im Park as they either spent all of their money on Wembley or Paris or think they're too old for camping.

All of the dates. I am crazy. Well Muse make me :)

Ah when you are driving it really doesn't matter as much. I would have to say Rock am Ring. It is massive. Which as I am rather tiny didn't work as much for me. You don't get as close. Sometimes I couldn't even see the screens. I was first row which was really a challenge. But they have three barriers now so it might be a bit easier now.

If you look at the Muse footage from 2004 you get an idea.

There is a park. And there is always a lot of fuss over the nearest spots. Everything is a bit crammed together. There is also a special camping area right next to the main stage. For that you have to pay extra. While at Rock am Ring it is a bit more relaxed (at least it was in 2004 when I was there) but of course you have to walk a long time to reach the area.

Rock am Ring about 85.000. Rock im Park about 50.000 I think

THREE barriers?! :eek: Blimey.

This sounds great but as usual Im working so cant go:(

Im not doing well really as not at the mo going to any Muse gigs or festivals next year:rolleyes:

I shall really enjoy reading all the threads from Germany and Paris though:)

Sure, anytime

Right. We should organize a meetup of Muse fans. All of them. I am crazy. Well Muse make me :)

We're still in planning stage but looks like there might be 5 of us going to RiM so if we go we should meet up. And we are about 6/7 going to Paris and knowing Wembley there will be a really big musers meet organised closer to the date.

Now just need to find money for the ticket :LOL:

We're still in planning stage but looks like there might be 5 of us going to RiM so if we go we should meet up. And we are about 6/7 going to Paris and knowing Wembley there will be a really big musers meet organised closer to the date.

Now just need to find money for the ticket :LOL:

Sounds good :)

Ah yes. I am dreading my credit card bill. Paying rent and having money for food is also a little bit important. Sadly I don't really think of that when buying tons of tickets :LOL:

FYI until the end of the year the price for the ticket is 140 Euro. It will rise to 150 Euro then until the first of March when it rises again.

Springflower that is very useful information thankyou very much! :)

Well, Laure, looks like we may as well stick together! I have never been to a festival and it sounds as if Rock AM Ring will require that atmosphere more than Rock IM Park. Obviously we have until January to decide when tickets go on sale! :LOL:

Sounds good :)

Ah yes. I am dreading my credit card bill. Paying rent and having money for food is also a little bit important. Sadly I don't really think of that when buying tons of tickets :LOL:

FYI until the end of the year the price for the ticket is 140 Euro. It will rise to 150 Euro then until the first of March when it rises again.

Thanks for the tip about the price increase.

With all the tickets I've bought I am gonna eat very cheap food for the rest of the year now!

Springflower that is very useful information thankyou very much! :)

Well, Laure, looks like we may as well stick together! I have never been to a festival and it sounds as if Rock AM Ring will require that atmosphere more than Rock IM Park. Obviously we have until January to decide when tickets go on sale! :LOL:

Whatever is easiest for you Tash, as I said if it's easier for you to get to RiM I'm happy to go to that one but if you want the atmosphere of RaM then let's go... Just have to be there early for that 1st barrier :LOL:

With all the tickets I've bought I am gonna eat very cheap food for the rest of the year now!

Whatever is easiest for you Tash, as I said if it's easier for you to get to RiM I'm happy to go to that one but if you want the atmosphere of RaM then let's go... Just have to be there early for that 1st barrier :LOL:

That's what supernoodles are for :awesome:

1st barrier ftw :cool:

Ditto! Cheap food, go nowhere just for Muse.

I guess it's more important that you are a good runner. I almost died running to that barrier. The way is so effing long. That is why I have my 'get fit for Muse stadium tour' workout plan.

Archived