Ditto! Cheap food, go nowhere just for Muse.

I guess it's more important that you are a good runner. I almost died running to that barrier. The way is so effing long. That is why I have my 'get fit for Muse stadium tour' workout plan.

Oh god I am terrible at running! :LOL: Can't you just get up early for the barrier or do you have to queue at a festival? :erm:

That's what supernoodles are for :awesome:

1st barrier ftw :cool:

Since Muse have gone back on tour my life is being sponsored by supernoodles :LOL:

Some youtube clips from last year. First things I found on youtube

and of course:

Thanks! You can really see the 3 barrier system on the placebo video, do they have the system for RiP?

im happy with either as well, both have advantages/disadvantages

One more person - the more the merrier. Looks like the camp is growing.

I'm going wherever you lot are going! :LOL: And erm.. my mum said I can go to this. Just need to choose between this and driving lessons :$

Okay so who is making the decision as to which one we are going to? :LOL: Please do not say me!!

Your decision but the way I see it you can always have driving lessons... That festival line up on the other hand, when will it happen again? ;)

Okay so who is making the decision as to which one we are going to? :LOL: Please do not say me!!

Your decision but the way I see it you can always have driving lessons... That festival line up on the other hand, when will it happen again? ;)

I don't know! I am terrible at decisions :LOL:

Yes that is true I have years to learn to drive :LOL:

Looks amazing! Bit odd that the 2nd and 3rd barriers are straight, rather than semi-circles, but I guess it's just a matter of what you're used to. Crowds look great :happy:

I guess it is because the space is a bit narrow.

At Rock im Park there is only a second barricade in a circle. But even if one doesn't get in one can see pretty well from the side. It is all a bit less crowded.

I guess it is because the space is a bit narrow.

At Rock im Park there is only a second barricade in a circle. But even if one doesn't get in one can see pretty well from the side. It is all a bit less crowded.

I am tempted by Rock IM Park now :$

Oh god I am terrible at running! :LOL: Can't you just get up early for the barrier or do you have to queue at a festival? :erm:

It all depends on how many people want to be at the barrier I guess. 2007 it was really crowded but last year I could easily make the barrier for Placebo though I only arrived at like 3pm (that was at Rock im Park)

You have to queue at the entrance to the festival area and then everybody starts running. I remember at Rock am Ring it was up a small hill and then a very long while down the racetrack. At Rock im Park it depends at which entrance you queue.

It all depends on how many people want to be at the barrier I guess. 2007 it was really crowded but last year I could easily make the barrier for Placebo though I only arrived at like 3pm (that was at Rock im Park)

You have to queue at the entrance to the festival area and then everybody starts running. I remember at Rock am Ring it was up a small hill and then a very long while down the racetrack. At Rock im Park it depends at which entrance you queue.

Fuck running up a hill! :stunned::LOL:

:LOL: I think the fastest I ever run was the barrier in Teignmouth I thought I might fall over in the slope with the mud but I held my own!

I think if you want the barrier you just need to get there early and watch all the other acts that comes before.

I don't know! I am terrible at decisions :LOL:

Yes that is true I have years to learn to drive :LOL:

Have a look at what kind of travel / transport and costs involved in each (pros and cons list) and then we can decide from there.

:LOL: I think the fastest I ever run was the barrier in Teignmouth I thought I might fall over in the slope with the mud but I held my own!

I think if you want the barrier you just need to get there early and watch all the other acts that comes before.

Have a look at what kind of travel / transport and costs involved in each (pros and cons list) and then we can decide from there.

Oh god Teignmouth really annoyed me! :mad: I would have made the barrier if it was not for those two jackasses infront of me who decided to pack a whole picnic! :mad: I was not happy! The spot I had my eye on was taken by two rather large ladies, but at least I was at the front :LOL:

Yeah I already did that a bit, I guess travel will more or less cost the same because I just need to get to Nurnburg for RiP but need to travel to a city for RaR then get a train.

Looks like Rock im Park might be the easier option if we want to be at the barrier... Knowing muse a lot of people will want to be at the barrier.

Since Muse have gone back on tour my life is being sponsored by supernoodles :LOL:

:LOL:!

Looks like Rock im Park might be the easier option if we want to be at the barrier... Knowing muse a lot of people will want to be at the barrier.

Hm, trufax. . .don't fancy having to run up a hill first thing in the morning :LOL:

:LOL:!

Hm, trufax. . .don't fancy having to run up a hill first thing in the morning :LOL:

Me neither... obstacle course first thing in the morning I don't think so.

So would everybody be happy if we go to Rock im Park?

I think that might be one thing that none of us has done for Muse yet! :LOL:

Definitely not first thing in the morning, at least.

Me neither... obstacle course first thing in the morning I don't think so.

So would everybody be happy if we go to Rock im Park?

:LOL: Inorite?

Fine by me - I'm happy to do whatever everyone else is doing :)

Not even mentioning the even bigger hill before you even reach the festival area :LOL: We got up there slower every day. Though I'm sure tomorrow a lot of Rock am Ring fans will try to persuade you to go there.

If you decide to go to Rock am Park and would still have some space next to your tents I would very much like to join you. I'd love to do the proper camping at a festival thing again. I could be your tourguide :p

Not even mentioning the even bigger hill before you even reach the festival area :LOL: We got up there slower every day. Though I'm sure tomorrow a lot of Rock am Ring fans will try to persuade you to go there.

If you decide to go to Rock am Park and would still have some space next to your tents I would very much like to join you. I'd love to do the proper camping at a festival thing again. I could be your tourguide :p

TWO hills? Fuck that for a laugh then :LOL:

Ooh, how ace would that be :happy:

Okay so it looks like we are all happy with Rock IM Park (I'm sure Debs and Chris will be happy with that) :D Once good thing as well being central is that we could always use some of the time to explore and visit the town. Plus having shops around means we can cut down on camping supplies to carry in transport.

Trying to drive into town and finding the place using German signage should a laugh tho :LOL:

@Ali: I have had a look at Eurotunnel and a 5 day pass for 1 car is £84 (divided by 3 of us) + share of petrol :happy:

EDIT: just read the 2 HILLS bit and yeah - def. RiP then :LOL:

Okay so it looks like we are all happy with Rock IM Park (I'm sure Debs and Chris will be happy with that) :D Once good thing as well being central is that we could always use some of the time to explore and visit the town. Plus having shops around means we can cut down on camping supplies to carry in transport.

Trying to drive into town and finding the place using German signage should a laugh tho :LOL:

@Ali: I have had a look at Eurotunnel and a 5 day pass for 1 car is £84 (divided by 3 of us) + share of petrol :happy:

EDIT: just read the 2 HILLS bit and yeah - def. RiP then :LOL:

Oh yeah, good point - we can have a bit of time out of the festival to explore our surroundings, and get food and toilet roll (I'm taking loo roll to a festival or I'm not going :LOL:) and supplies there :)

Ah, I'm sure we'll get by. . .somehow :LOL: I know some basic German!

Really, that's not bad at all! Only thing is, if you're all driving back to Paris and staying there. . .:erm:

:chuckle:

Archived