Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

Can anyone tell me what time it was billed to start and what time the concert officially ended? (from silversun beginning to muse closing with KOC) I'm trying to plan how to get home from the NYC show and hoping it will be a similar timeframe.

SSPU didn't seem muddy to me, they are a band that makes use of quite a bit of low-end dynamic though. The guitar is tuned down and the bass is thumping.

I thought they were okay, but too generically "indie" sounding to me. I did like them better live than on cd, though.

This is the only review I can find, but it's just a user review from Last.fm. The comments are interesting though, regarding SSPU's muddy sound. Wonder if it's true what they're saying about the iffy audio quality being done that way on purpose to make the opener sound better. :shifty:

http://www.last.fm/event/1327111+Muse/reviews

I don't think so in this case - I want to give Muse the benefit of the doubt. Thing is last summer I saw Green Day with Kaiser Chiefs opener and the Chiefs sounded as clear as Muse. I'm pretty certain that the Chiefs sound guy didn't do the tour and so it was all up to Green Day's sound guy. I don't know if the same is true with SSPU and Muse - if its not then the SSPU sound guy (generic guy could be a gal for all I care) needs to pick up a few pointers and work a bit harder IMHO

SSPU didn't seem muddy to me, they are a band that makes use of quite a bit of low-end dynamic though. The guitar is tuned down and the bass is thumping.

I think that is the point there was just a generic low sound. It wasn't clear at all. I would even say that Muse's lower end started out that way but the sound sharpened up a few songs in.

I thought they were okay, but too generically "indie" sounding to me. I did like them better live than on cd, though.

I'm not overly convinced by them at the moment. Loud is loud, get the quality in the music. Its notoriously hard to be an opening act and I hope they get over their sound issues. I plan on seeing them at Nashville and I will pretty much be able to make a direct comparison to the Green Day concert there (same venue, similar seats etc.)

IMHO they need to clean up the sound at the lower end of the register if that is the sound they like using. It will make them a better band with a more unique sound rather than an average catchy tunes band which is where they are on my scale at the moment.

Does anyone know why on the setlist it says MK Ultra (-1)? Does that have to do with the tuning of the guitar or something?

The guitar is tuned down a step to make it easier for Matt to sing while playing.

I don't think so in this case - I want to give Muse the benefit of the doubt. Thing is last summer I saw Green Day with Kaiser Chiefs opener and the Chiefs sounded as clear as Muse. I'm pretty certain that the Chiefs sound guy didn't do the tour and so it was all up to Green Day's sound guy. I don't know if the same is true with SSPU and Muse - if its not then the SSPU sound guy (generic guy could be a gal for all I care) needs to pick up a few pointers and work a bit harder IMHO

I think that is the point there was just a generic low sound. It wasn't clear at all. I would even say that Muse's lower end started out that way but the sound sharpened up a few songs in.

I'm not overly convinced by them at the moment. Loud is loud, get the quality in the music. Its notoriously hard to be an opening act and I hope they get over their sound issues. I plan on seeing them at Nashville and I will pretty much be able to make a direct comparison to the Green Day concert there (same venue, similar seats etc.)

IMHO they need to clean up the sound at the lower end of the register if that is the sound they like using. It will make them a better band with a more unique sound rather than an average catchy tunes band which is where they are on my scale at the moment.

I think their approach to guitar work is fairly creative--they take alot of cues from post-hardcore stuff like fugazi. Their drummer is also insane

excellent quality in 720p, great sound, and matt jumps around a lot during the outro riff, plus you can really hear Chris's voice when he is singing in this clip, which is nice

clear vid- can just see myself in the front!

begs comparison, yet there is none

I think their approach to guitar work is fairly creative--they take alot of cues from post-hardcore stuff like fugazi. Their drummer is also insane

I don't disagree. However, if they don't get that sound across and they just sound like some group of 14 year olds playing then it doesn't come across as creative as much as unfinished. I don't mind raw, lightly produced, but messy lower register isn't a style its just being lazy and not insuring your audience whom you want to go out and buy your album and merchandise gets it. They have to sell it and at the moment the sound like the high school kid on daddy's car lot. They have the basics they just need to make it better - and truthfully it could all be down to the sound guy. If they want this opportunity to amount to anything they need to appeal to as many people as possible, otherwise what is the point? They seem to have a broad spectrum to appeal to on this tour as well its a great opportunity for them which I don't think they have fully seized.

We will have to agree to disagree- you say unpolished I say raw

:LOL: actually I said messy and lazy. Unpolished again is a sound I can deal with but this didn't have a good sound. Raw is a sound I can deal with. They aren't far off it but at the moment its just not there for me yet. Hopefully they will get it.

After reading the last 10 pages of the "Resistance Tour Discussion Thread," I feel like I agree with the majority of the people there. On Saturday, Muse were on fire; their performances were fantastic, the light show was amazing. However, it was clearly a very over-produced, overly rigid, overly planned setlist. It was akin to a slap in the face to have Dead Star and other oldies played just across the Pacific, and then to get same-old, same-old here in the States.

I understand that they're trying to garner more fans, fans that might not be familiar with their older works. Unfortunately, they're going about this in such a way that it's alienating people (like me) who thoroughly enjoy their older stuff. I love The Resistance, don't get me wrong; it has some ups and downs, just like every other album. I love the direction that they're going in musically; it's interesting to listen and watch their progression from album to album.

In the end, I had a lot of fun on Saturday. Sure, I almost passed out in the pit from lack of hydration (I was an idiot, I know), but in the end it was worth it. Just wish that we had gotten some more variety, is all. Nothing wrong with that.

so, i'm attending a later concert on the tour and am interested in seeing merch that was sold previously in the us. i was wondering if anyone had bought anything if you all had any pics from it and such. or just what kind of merch was there (of course t-shirts, bag, but any other little random things?)

also, when did people start lining up to wait for the concert at atlanta?

thanks!

3pm and you should make 2nd or 3rd row. I got there at 5:30 and was really close! T-shirts were $32-$40 but I don't have any pics

so, i'm attending a later concert on the tour and am interested in seeing merch that was sold previously in the us. i was wondering if anyone had bought anything if you all had any pics from it and such. or just what kind of merch was there (of course t-shirts, bag, but any other little random things?)

also, when did people start lining up to wait for the concert at atlanta?

thanks!

Archived