You know when people say Absolution was Over Produced..

siblers

.The ideal production for Absolution would be something like the sound Nick Raskulinecz gave Deftones' last couple of albums- that ludicrous level of clarity which gives every instrument room to breathe (so I wasn't thinking it needed more rawness then) but also lends the guitars and bass an enormous weight (which, if nothing else, would enhance the attack on The Small Print, TiRO and Stockholm).

Definitely. I want a remaster. For bh&r as well

Wonder who I'd actually want to do it. The remastering of Nirvana's Bleach was handled very well, was that Jack Endino?

Wikipedia says George Marino, I have no idea who he is :LOL:

Tom Baker remastered Pretty Hate Machine, wouldn't mind him doing it.

Even though, actually, I wouldn't mind Muse themselves remastering those albums. T2L is really properly produced/mastered/mixed.

Wikipedia says George Marino, I have no idea who he is :LOL:

Tom Baker remastered Pretty Hate Machine, wouldn't mind him doing it.

Even though, actually, I wouldn't mind Muse themselves remastering those albums. T2L is really properly produced/mastered/mixed.

Marino was chosen for his work on Led Zep's back catalogue according to Q's review of the Bleach rerelease.

And that's a good point, the sound on T2L is really good. Supremacy and Survival in particular are really well produced.

I actually prefer it when albums are. "Over produced" then stripped back when played live.

There's nothing better than listening to the studio versions and hearing the intracasies (sp?) in the background and finding new parts in the song.

Then when you got to see them live its all about the fact you're there and you're caught up in the moment you don't care about how many different guitar tones you can hear etc.

That's my opinion anyway

And he did Koi No Yokan, Four and Opposites which are all superbly mixed and mastered :)

I was rather alarmed when the first album that came up on that google search was Death Magnetic, but judging from the interviews he was a) not responsible for the calamitous compression on that album and b) really pissed off about it.

Muse didn't master or mix T2L or TR.

and T2L in particular was mixed by a lot of different guys and then mastered by one person

PS, Liquid State and IS were mixed by Rich Costey btw

never noticed that before tbh (just checked in my album book)

Archived