Kit and Tab Tribute Act

ADAM

good idea on different people for each part! that way more peepz can get involved :D

seeming that my jackson needs new strings i cant do the trem bit...

oh fuck it i wont do it at all :/

sounds like 137 bpm to me

i got 140. do 137 instead :)

haha lol 1337 :p

i have checked the tempo of the track in cubase, its a weird one.

the tempo is 137 up to the bit before 'noones gonna take me alive' then it drops down a fair bit. if i made a click track, is that okay with everyone? people doing midi stuff will need to know when the tempo changes, and to what speed.

ah i just loaded it up: heres what happens.

its 137 bpm until the synth bass starts after the guitar slide down the neck. at this point it spends the next 4 bars ramping UP to 138.7 bpm (the ramp up should finish at the first word, 'no')

:) ive made a click. if anyone wants it, let me know. ill put the song on quietly so you can know where you are

ah i just loaded it up: heres what happens.

its 137 bpm until the synth bass starts after the guitar slide down the neck. at this point it spends the next 4 bars ramping UP to 138.7 bpm (the ramp up should finish at the first word, 'no')

:) ive made a click. if anyone wants it, let me know. ill put the song on quietly so you can know where you are

Can I have a click so I know I'm getting the tempo changes right, please?

Chris said something about different people doing different parts, I'd be more than happy to do that. Even if its just that rhythm guitar galloping along with the synth during the verses?

iirc theres actually LOADS of instruments in KOC

tubular bells being just one... :LOL:

WHO'S ON TUBULAR BELLS? :D

EDIT:

Aside from the timpani drums, tubular bells and flanger-soaked drum kit on the introduction to Knights Of Cydonia, there are also crunchy guitars with almost no reverb. A contrast to these hard-edged rock sounds is provided by jangly strummed acoustic guitars. But the intro is just the start of things: the rest of the track features an array of guitar parts including double-tracked distorted guitars playing low, heavy chords, reversd guitars and clean guitars soaked in reverb and delay, playing mellow chords and arpeggiated triads. There are even guitars playing muted strings to enhance the galloping feel of the, er, galloping section. However, the stars of the show are the main melody guitars. These are treated with distortion and phasing and Matt Bellamy plays the notes while strangling the whammy bar to produce over the top sounds that only the Muse boys could get away with.

All that would be enough for even the most grandiose of bands, but this track is finished off with synth playing arpeggios and sweeping pads. Add some trumpets to the mix and enough vocal tracks to make Queen sound as though thye had under-produced Bohemian Rhapsody, and the result is truly supermassive.

EDIT:

Aside from the timpani drums, tubular bells and flanger-soaked drum kit on the introduction to Knights Of Cydonia, there are also crunchy guitars with almost no reverb. A contrast to these hard-edged rock sounds is provided by jangly strummed acoustic guitars. But the intro is just the start of things: the rest of the track features an array of guitar parts including double-tracked distorted guitars playing low, heavy chords, reversd guitars and clean guitars soaked in reverb and delay, playing mellow chords and arpeggiated triads. There are even guitars playing muted strings to enhance the galloping feel of the, er, galloping section. However, the stars of the show are the main melody guitars. These are treated with distortion and phasing and Matt Bellamy plays the notes while strangling the whammy bar to produce over the top sounds that only the Muse boys could get away with.

All that would be enough for even the most grandiose of bands, but this track is finished off with synth playing arpeggios and sweeping pads. Add some trumpets to the mix and enough vocal tracks to make Queen sound as though thye had under-produced Bohemian Rhapsody, and the result is truly supermassive.

I have a trumpet sound on Reason which I could use.

Or I could play the trumpet part on bagpipes:LOL:

I have a trumpet sound on Reason which I could use.

Or I could play the trumpet part on bagpipes:LOL:

proper trumpet would be much better, for the articulation and dynamics change throughout the part :)

What do we do with the tracks when we are finished? And do they have to be in wav or mp3?

for versions to be tested: mp3.

for proper final bits to definitely go in the piece: wav...

ive now got the project file with the synth anatomy did and my outtro guitar riff, if everyones happy with it, i dont mind 'hosting' the project file.. thoughts?

Cheers:happy: Now working on it.

Edit/Update: I R FINISHED!

sounds ace man, the bit before the break (before it jumps down an octave) sounds a little strange in a buzzy way, bit too harsh maybe too much distortion, but its all really good otherwise... you're probably right with it though :D

Archived