Kit and Tab Tribute Act

ADAM

sounds ace man, the bit before the break (before it jumps down an octave) sounds a little strange in a buzzy way, bit too harsh maybe too much distortion, but its all really good otherwise... you're probably right with it though :D

Yeh, for that bit I had two square synths, one of which I made overly distorted. You can get the multitracks on muselive and I listened to some of the synth on there (for some reason the synth for the break is in the guitar track) and they made it immensly distorted, but when its under all the other tracks it just sounds like a normal synth so hopefully it should blend in like they did on the studio version.

I'll record the intro tomorrow :happy: who has the click track :erm::$

theman posted it a couple of pages back, I think

iirc theres actually LOADS of instruments in KOC

tubular bells being just one... :LOL:

WHO'S ON TUBULAR BELLS? :D

EDIT:

Aside from the timpani drums, tubular bells and flanger-soaked drum kit on the introduction to Knights Of Cydonia, there are also crunchy guitars with almost no reverb. A contrast to these hard-edged...

sorry i cba reading all of that but the first bit angered me.. the drums in the intro are clearly running through a filter.. everyone always says flange. flange is a form of pre-delay.

and although it creates a 'form' of filter (more an effect than its purpose) its modulated in a ring so it wont work in this instance.

its far more likely to be a low pass filter. cutting out the low frequencies. probably a small amount of chorus on there too. but there is some automation there too because a LPF would stay where it is unless a program tells it what to do. it could have been done manually, like if they rode the faders whilst mixing down the track but that would be too fraught with effort.

on second thoughts how about i do the mix instead of vocals. since i'm doing a music production course and i'm currently a 2-1 nearly a 1st.. it'll be great to test ma skills... PLEASE

sorry i cba reading all of that but the first bit angered me.. the drums in the intro are clearly running through a filter.. everyone always says flange. flange is a form of pre-delay.

and although it creates a 'form' of filter (more an effect than its purpose) its modulated in a ring so it wont work in this instance.

its far more likely to be a low pass filter. cutting out the low frequencies. probably a small amount of chorus on there too. but there is some automation there too because a LPF would stay where it is unless a program tells it what to do. it could have been done manually, like if they rode the faders whilst mixing down the track but that would be too fraught with effort.

on second thoughts how about i do the mix instead of vocals. since i'm doing a music production course and i'm currently a 2-1 nearly a 1st.. it'll be great to test ma skills... PLEASE

The drums on the intro are going through a filter, I tried it once and sounded exactly the same.

How about do vocals and mix?:)

The drums on the intro are going through a filter, I tried it once and sounded exactly the same.

How about do vocals and mix?:)

i'd love to :) oh and incidentally. the_man. i realise you have been working hard here with the click track and that.. i read back after asking about mixing.. but just so you know i'll stay out of it if you wanna do it.. but heres the deal anyway. the track is 138 bpm.. and when it gets to the synth bit it goes to 12/8 timing.. two bars before the word NO!.. no temp change trust me.. i'll just swap to windows xp now where i have cubase and make a new click track. if you wanna work together on the mix i'll be happy with that. its always good to have a few perspectives on the outcome of the project.

edit

hmmm waitdaminute

this book is wrong.. or im doing it wrong. lol i see it as 137.. but i know theres a signature change

okay yeh, i dont mind tbh with mixing, just i seem to have the click the project, some guitar and the synth already on mine.. and itll likely be the computer adams drums get recorded to as well, which will be some massive file.

i find it hard to see how it could stay in time up to the breakdown on 138bpm though, as 137 stays in fine, and after over 100 bars if it were 1bpm wrong itd be pretty far out

i'd love to :) oh and incidentally. the_man. i realise you have been working hard here with the click track and that.. i read back after asking about mixing.. but just so you know i'll stay out of it if you wanna do it.. but heres the deal anyway. the track is 138 bpm.. and when it gets to the synth bit it goes to 12/8 timing.. two bars before the word NO!.. no temp change trust me.. i'll just swap to windows xp now where i have cubase and make a new click track. if you wanna work together on the mix i'll be happy with that. its always good to have a few perspectives on the outcome of the project.

There is a change in the tempo as theman put the click (with tempo change) over the original song and it's perfectly in time all the way through = proof

okay yeh, i dont mind tbh with mixing, just i seem to have the click the project, some guitar and the synth already on mine.. and itll likely be the computer adams drums get recorded to as well, which will be some massive file.

i find it hard to see how it could stay in time up to the breakdown on 138bpm though, as 137 stays in fine, and after over 100 bars if it were 1bpm wrong itd be pretty far out

sorry man i made a mistake. but i'm certain of the time change.. i'm reading from the tab book for the tempo. they foolishly got it wrong tho i suspect a typo on their part.. but im testing the time change now

sorry man i made a mistake. but i'm certain of the time change.. i'm reading from the tab book for the tempo. they foolishly got it wrong tho i suspect a typo on their part.. but im testing the time change now

meh, im not too fussed, as whatever ive done fits, lol

one last thing: 12/8 really doesnt make sense for the endy bit

meh, im not too fussed, as whatever ive done fits, lol

one last thing: 12/8 really doesnt make sense for the endy bit

yeah fuck what i said. i was reading outta book without testing it. i was a bit flabbeghasted tbh when i read 12/8... nvm you made it fit so keep it that way...

wait i see what it is.. since they are playing in 138 by bar 92 its doing the no ones gonna..etc bit.. but the time change is inexplicable

yeah fuck what i said. i was reading outta book without testing it. i was a bit flabbeghasted tbh when i read 12/8... nvm you made it fit so keep it that way...

wait i see what it is.. since they are playing in 138 by bar 92 its doing the no ones gonna..etc bit.. but the time change is inexplicable

yeh, its without a doubt still in 4/4

k i'm throwing this tab book away this is surely the worst they have ever screwed up a score for a muse track.. and there has been some pretty bad ones. your tempo change works in my cubase and no form of time signature chage explains the shoddy work in that book.. what a waste of time lol. now im on xp. none of my games are here hehe. pfft anyway all the files you have. did you get em via megaupload? i have a piad account on there and i download at about 2mb a second so can you pm me the links.

are you lolling at meh? haha

anyway, you back in lincoln yet? if so, when can we record? wanna sort this out sometime, as it sounds like its gonna be pwopa

oh btw its the first of the month go on your user cp and change you title from member to 138.7 :) you wont be able to change it till next month if you dont now

k i'm throwing this tab book away this is surely the worst they have ever screwed up a score for a muse track.. and there has been some pretty bad ones. your tempo change works in my cubase and no form of time signature chage explains the shoddy work in that book.. what a waste of time lol. now im on xp. none of my games are here hehe. pfft anyway all the files you have. did you get em via megaupload? i have a piad account on there and i download at about 2mb a second so can you pm me the links.

the files, i made all the stuff apart from that track that was sent a page or two back of the synth (maybe itd be good to get two mixes going on at the same time and decide on the better one, i suppose that would make us try and get it good... thoughts?). the guitars (the end riff from after the breakdown) i recorded yesterday into the project (3 tracks) aaand uh... yeh thats all there is right now i think

oh btw its the first of the month go on your user cp and change you title from member to 138.7 :) you wont be able to change it till next month if you dont now

so THATS how you do it

I've started recording this evening should be ready tomorrow :)

nice one sam :D

so THATS how you do it

yeah man i read the faq

ok well send me anything that aint posted here if you can, i just picked up the click track god its annoying. lol bludy raw waveforms, they get really annoying after a while. but fair enough. works well. i just need any tracks that have also been recorded

yeah man i read the faq

ok well send me anything that aint posted here if you can

ill get onto it, ill send you the totally unprocessed dry files, yeh? tell you what, ill just zip up the guitars, you can download that synth track that anatomyofguns posted a few pages back while im exporting :)

if you used my click track, and it fits with your project (e.g. tempo starts increasing at bar 111 and finishes at 115) then itll be easier probably in terms of handling tracks across projects too :)

ill get onto it, ill send you the totally unprocessed dry files, yeh? tell you what, ill just zip up the guitars, you can download that synth track that anatomyofguns posted a few pages back while im exporting :)

if you used my click track, and it fits with your project (e.g. tempo starts increasing at bar 111 and finishes at 115) then itll be easier probably in terms of handling tracks across projects too :)

yeah thats the same as mine. ok well he sent those synths straight to you. so i cant really get em.

neway i gotta go do some work on logic on the mac. i'm up at uni atm and they let us use the studios and mac rooms 24/7 :) so pm me the files

are you lolling at meh? haha

anyway, you back in lincoln yet? if so, when can we record? wanna sort this out sometime, as it sounds like its gonna be pwopa

i was laughing at your reply haha

im back in lincoln - stupidly busy for the next few weeks

Next time im back, will be when we have a band practice which is on April 26th

(that might be news to you! haha - make sure youre home for that date)

So yeah whilst were having a band practice and everythings set up - we can record the drums then. :)

So there you go lads - not looking til at least April 26th! :LOL::p

And chris - whats with the new undertitle?

i was laughing at your reply haha

im back in lincoln - stupidly busy for the next few weeks

Next time im back, will be when we have a band practice which is on April 26th

(that might be news to you! haha - make sure youre home for that date)

So yeah whilst were having a band practice and everythings set up - we can record the drums then. :)

So there you go lads - not looking til at least April 26th! :LOL::p

And chris - whats with the new undertitle?

lol, a good suggestion for a meter for a new song (but not KOC)

ah i thought the synth track was posted here but it musta been PM'ed :LOL:

im uploading the end guitars now.

Ok, heres the guitars for the riffy bit: theres two wav files, theyre unprocessed, straight from the POD XTL..... i might even decide to mic my amp up with the sm57 when im back in leeds to replace these tracks, but i think they sound ok, theyre gona need the treble taking down a bit though as most stuff from the pod does :)

theres one stereo file (that has two guitar tracks panned hard left and right, so just split that up into 2 tracks) and a final mono one which i have got panned center in my project. as it says, the audio files should be dropped in at bar 144 if your project is set up as mine is :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90M486T8

Archived