Kit and Tab Tribute Act

ADAM

Ok, heres the guitars for the riffy bit: theres two wav files, theyre unprocessed, straight from the POD XTL..... i might even decide to mic my amp up with the sm57 when im back in leeds to replace these tracks, but i think they sound ok, theyre gona need the treble taking down a bit though as most stuff from the pod does :)

theres one stereo file (that has two guitar tracks panned hard left and right, so just split that up into 2 tracks) and a final mono one which i have got panned center in my project. as it says, the audio files should be dropped in at bar 144 if your project is set up as mine is :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90M486T8

Says it's unavailable:(

Edit: Nevermind, it works now

Ok, heres the guitars for the riffy bit: theres two wav files, theyre unprocessed, straight from the POD XTL..... i might even decide to mic my amp up with the sm57 when im back in leeds to replace these tracks, but i think they sound ok, theyre gona need the treble taking down a bit though as most stuff from the pod does :)

theres one stereo file (that has two guitar tracks panned hard left and right, so just split that up into 2 tracks) and a final mono one which i have got panned center in my project. as it says, the audio files should be dropped in at bar 144 if your project is set up as mine is :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90M486T8

Shit that's gonna be hard to mix to make it sound the same as the recording I've done for the intro... :( And fucking hell chris MASSIVE files lololol

yeah i've added that to the track sounding ace so far :)

I posted the link to the synth a bit further up the page incase you missed it.

If you got it, do you think the fuzzy white noise bit right at the end is a bit too loud or is it alright?

Now listening to it with the guitars, they sound great:)

Shit that's gonna be hard to mix to make it sound the same as the recording I've done for the intro... :( And fucking hell chris MASSIVE files lololol

well, they are wav files after all :p so theyre going to be nice and big :D

and whys it going to be hard to mix, i expect EQing and other post production stuff will need doing to all the tracks, regardless.. and these are totally dry.. also remember the intro for the actual song sounds very strange and different to the rest

well, they are wav files after all :p so theyre going to be nice and big :D

and whys it going to be hard to mix, i expect EQing and other post production stuff will need doing to all the tracks, regardless.. and these are totally dry.. also remember the intro for the actual song sounds very strange and different to the rest

Haha! The bigger the better :eyebrows: Ahem well I've recorded the intro/bridge in to the outro with the diezel with a delay/reverb rack running through it. It may be hard to match it all up to sound coherent if you know what I mean? I've added a bit of compression and EQ'd the track lightly. I'm going to double track it but the basis of the track is mainly done.

ive decided im going to put together a quick and dirty drum track in BFD until adam is ready in april, as its much easier to play along with drums than nothing :)

ive got up to just before the breakdown with the programming, and sam im downloading your track now :)

okay, try and make sure the level is quite a bit lower in the next one if you can too, i dunno if it was when you postprocessed or recorded originally but its clipping quite a bit, im taking 8db off it atm in my project

in the middle it goes out of time but it seems to go back in again :p i might upload some of what ive done now for people to have a listen

ive put in some temp drums and the trumpet bit just as VST stuff until we get it done properly

okay, try and make sure the level is quite a bit lower in the next one if you can too, i dunno if it was when you postprocessed or recorded originally but its clipping quite a bit, im taking 8db off it atm in my project

in the middle it goes out of time but it seems to go back in again :p i might upload some of what ive done now for people to have a listen

ive put in some temp drums and the trumpet bit just as VST stuff until we get it done properly

Yeah weird thing with the clipping. Wasn't like that when I recorded it but when I mixed it down to mp3 (for a demo) It started clipping like mad :stunned: I mixed it down to wav and its not clipping now. Anyhow still rerecording it.

heres the file right now.. sams bit is first up, i tried to include a bit of the synth in the middle and the part with my guitars is at the end... think i will mic up my guitars, the sound is much beefier and better

LINKY

i just whacked a big dirty multiband compressor on the main outputs, so it pumps somewhat :LOL:

heres the file right now.. sams bit is first up, i tried to include a bit of the synth in the middle and the part with my guitars is at the end... think i will mic up my guitars, the sound is much beefier and better

LINKY

i just whacked a big dirty multiband compressor on the main outputs, so it pumps somewhat :LOL:

Sounds pretty awesome :)

Hey ppl,

I'm not sure when I can bump in my recording, I want to be able to play it all the way through the alternate picking part (so no cheating) which will take some time. In about 2 weeks I should have it up

thats okay, drums will take time so theres no rush, and i have to get back to leeds to record my guitar part through my amp instead of the pod :)

just thought id post this hehe

the project is getting massive already, i have 33 tracks on the go right now :LOL: but more than half of them will be replaced when proper drums are recorded

thumbnail of the mixer..

snapshot20080403171744zb4.th.jpg

i did a bit more tweaking to bring out the snare and kick, making them a bit fatter as well so hopefully when its all recorded it will be a bit nicer to mix (having a better idea for a drum sound). cant wait to get guitars down from my amp :D

double post again :D yay

heres the full track if anyone wants to practise to it, the drums are only something i programmed temporarily to be there, they will be replaced by adam in final version. my end guitars will be re-recorded with a mic rather than using the pod as well, and the trumpet part will be repaced if we can find anyone with a trumpet (?) or a good sampler. sam is working on the intro guitar i think.

should be useful for you to practice to, matt. if anyone sends me or musicly_talented any recordings to put into the project, please make it start precisely when this audio file does, so we can drop it straight in hassle free :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=11F8WLCY

Archived