Anxyous

Sippe, didn't you say a while back in this thread that Matt tends to have really bad pronunciation live compared to the studio versions which makes it harder for him? Any examples of that?

And we'll preeeeehhhh

That there's no gaaaahh

To punish uuuhhh

and make a fuhhhh

Sippe, didn't you say a while back in this thread that Matt tends to have really bad pronunciation live compared to the studio versions which makes it harder for him? Any examples of that?

Was one of them Megalomania, or am I imagining things?

Yeah, an example would be pretty much everything he does.

But compare the "RESISTAAAAANCE", the high note at the end of the song from Glastonbury and the studio version.

E is an easy vowel to use for high notes, while A and I are much harder. In the studio version he sings "Resesteeeeence", which sounds perfectly fine, it's not like it's noticeable.

And then live at Glastonbury he sings "Resiiiiaaaastaaaaance", which is just silly really. No wonder he's feeling like he can't do it.

Yeah, an example would be pretty much everything he does.

But compare the "RESISTAAAAANCE", the high note at the end of the song from Glastonbury and the studio version.

E is an easy vowel to use for high notes, while A and I are much harder. In the studio version he sings "Resesteeeeence", which sounds perfectly fine, it's not like it's noticeable.

And then live at Glastonbury he sings "Resiiiiaaaastaaaaance", which is just silly really. No wonder he's feeling like he can't do it.

I can definitely see what you mean with that one. But with Showbiz at Reading in '06, his pronunciation sounds like it made it easier for him?

Instead of it being "They make meeeeeeee" he did it like "They make maaaaaaaaay".

Granted, that's the only example I can think of that sounds like it helped him. and I do understand that his technique had changed since back when he recorded Showbiz.

I can definitely see what you mean with that one. But with Showbiz at Reading in '06, his pronunciation sounds like it made it easier for him?

Instead of it being "They make meeeeeeee" he did it like "They make maaaaaaaaay".

Granted, that's the only example I can think of that sounds like it helped him. and I do understand that his technique had changed since back when he recorded Showbiz.

I guess I should have made it more clear. "me" is not the e sound I'm talking about, it's more of an "eh"...well depending on accent I guess. "meh" rather than "me". So the Showbiz note is just the right pronunciation, if I remember correctly.

I guess I should have made it more clear. "me" is not the e sound I'm talking about, it's more of an "eh"...well depending on accent I guess. "meh" rather than "me". So the Showbiz note is just the right pronunciation, if I remember correctly.

Isn't it abit about preferences aswell? Like, it's easy to sound flat on 'eh' vowels than on an 'i' vowel for instance.

Isn't it abit about preferences aswell? Like, it's easy to sound flat on 'eh' vowels than on an 'i' vowel for instance.

I'd say it's the opposite, simply because it's easier to go high with an "eh" vowel.

But honestly I don't see any positive sides to using a more difficult vowel when it's not needed.

I dunno, maybe if English isn't your first language you don't know this, but the first syllable of the word "Resistance" is a schwa, so Raaasistance would just be an extension of that. I doubt Matt was thinking too hard when singing that one note :wtf:

I dunno, maybe if English isn't your first language you don't know this, but the first syllable of the word "Resistance" is a schwa, so Raaasistance would just be an extension of that. I doubt Matt was thinking too hard when singing that one note :wtf:

What?

:LOL:

First off, the first syllable is irrelevant, it's the end of the word that is sustained. And it's also the end of the word that he pronounces differently live compared to studio. And a lot of vocal coaches will teach you about the correct use of vowels, so please don't try and imply that it's all random or chance.

And that was hardly the point either. I have no idea if it was intentional or not. If it wasn't, then that has still nothing to do with if the syllable is a schwa or not. Because the fact that you're singing and not talking instantly invalidates schwa.

I'm simply making an observation that he uses a more difficult vowel live. And if he doesn't notice it himself, he's an idiot.

First off, the first syllable is irrelevant, it's the end of the word that is sustained. And it's also the end of the word that he pronounces differently live compared to studio. And a lot of vocal coaches will teach you about the correct use of vowels, so please don't try and imply that it's all random or chance.

And that was hardly the point either. I have no idea if it was intentional or not. If it wasn't, then that has still nothing to do with if the syllable is a schwa or not.

I'm simply making an observation that he uses a more difficult vowel live. And if he doesn't notice it himself, he's an idiot.

I still can't get my head around schwa being an actual word. English just broke a bit for me.

np337

Current Activity: Reporting a Post

So, what are the bets on it being against my "cunt" post, which was actually directed at myself?

Good lord, I hope not. I really thought people weren't that stupid/over-sensitive, guess I was wrong.

Good lord, I hope not. I really thought people weren't that stupid/over-sensitive, guess I was wrong.

Heyhey, don't be like that just yet. We don't actually KNOW that ;)

But I don't see what is report worthy in this thread...

And the discussion is perfectly on topic.

Heyhey, don't be like that just yet. We don't actually KNOW that ;)

But I don't see what is report worthy in this thread...

And the discussion is perfectly on topic.

Well it was until you started discussing you're potential reporting.

What has this world become if we cannot call ourselves cunts anymore! That is if you are being reported

Archived