Battle of the songs: Starlight vs Supermassive black hole

Apocalypse plz

What one?  

410 members have voted

1. 1. What one?

• Starlight
    • Supermassive Black Hole

Well yeah they obviously DO have SOME proggy songs, that goes without saying. :p In fact I think I already said that

Hmm, why are you responding seriously to my sarcasm? :(

:yesey:

Argh the singles are always poor choices.

Nah, they were good up until BH&R.

But I was referring to the thing you were referring to with the thing that meant that thing wot it didn't mean. :erm:

:chuckle:

MUSE ARE POP.

Yes, I know. But that doesn't change my point about what I said when I thought you said that thing you later referred to and explained further.

SO IS YOUR FACE

Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole are both great but juxtaposing the two songs... the former really sticks out. Catchy melody, memorable lyrics, ghastly synths. Makes me cry a little when I have my little profound 'vacant' listening trance.

...in which I look like a dork... benign, at that.

I thought they're Alternative Rock. Rock is like...Slipknot. and they're ROCK. If u know what i mean:confuse:

Rock is NOT like Slipknot. Slipknot is Nu-Metal. Muse is alternative rock yes, but they still have a lot of pop-influences and songs.

Rock is NOT like Slipknot. Slipknot is Nu-Metal. Muse is alternative rock yes, but they still have a lot of pop-influences and songs.

While you're right about the normal rock label being misattributed to Slipknot, they've pretty much grown out of the Nu-Metal genre. If it wasn't for faster tempo, slug-esque beats, darker vocals and more brooding melodies I could have easily mistaken their recent album for a Stone Sour record.

Pretty much comes to show how much the word Alternative is tossed around like a motherfucker with pretty much every band these days.

On topic; Starlight.

While you're right about the normal rock label being misattributed to Slipknot, they've pretty much grown out of the Nu-Metal genre. If it wasn't for faster tempo, slug-esque beats, darker vocals and more brooding melodies I could have easily mistaken their recent album for a Stone Sour record.

Pretty much comes to show how much the word Alternative is tossed around like a motherfucker with pretty much every band these days.

On topic; Starlight.

Everything that isn't Nickelback is Alternative.

Archived