Your Muse Collection! (And Collecting Questions)

Niall

well my thinking behind it was that they were etched or w/e with better/more advanced machinces making the sound better

Wouldn't think so, and in any case, it's probably from the same, digital masters, which means that quality probably won't have improved anyway.

Wouldn't think so, and in any case, it's probably from the same, digital masters, which means that quality probably won't have improved anyway.

i just did a bit of looking around and the re-issues are heavyweight vinyl whereas the originals were not (are they?).

New "virgin" or "heavy/heavyweight" (180–220 g) vinyl is commonly used for modern "audiophile" vinyl releases in all genres. Many collectors prefer to have heavyweight vinyl albums, and they have been reported to have a better sound than normal vinyl as they withstand the deformation caused by normal play better.

So in the long term the new ones sound better because of quality?

I'm almost certain they are from the original masters, I don't know that the studios even have any Muse material from which to remaster the albums. Sawmills certainly doesn't have anything from Muse left over. From what I've gathered the band tend to take all that stuff with them when they leave, and Warner just have the lossless stems, instrumentals, full versions, live versions of everything for use. So they could be remixed I suppose, you'd have to read the credits of the vinyls.

From what I've gathered the band tend to take all that stuff with them when they leave, and Warner just have the lossless stems, instrumentals, full versions, live versions of everything for use. So they could be remixed I suppose, you'd have to read the credits of the vinyls.

I'd love to see some of that stuff get released, as there's a veritable treasure trove of material that hasn't ever popped up. Even a high-quality BH&R instrumental (including Hoodoo!) would be nice.

I didn't notice anything different about the credits of the re-released vinyls, but I'll go take a look.

Yeah, I don't know why they don't release more of that stuff because I'd certainly pay for it and I know a lot of others would...I feel a poll coming on. Probably Warner don't want lots of unofficial remixes getting circulated without their loyalties and profits.

ok, I having some money issues atm, and am contemplating selling my collection, but I have no idea how much it's worth really, and when looking at ebay for the prices they're all either 'buy it now' at ridiculously high prices, or jsut listed with 7 days to go...so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much each item is? if they're kind enough :p

• Uno CD

• Cave CD1 & 2

• Signed Showbiz CD

• Muscle Museum CD1 & 2

• Sunburn CD1 & 2

• Unintended CD1 & 2 & Vinyl

• Muscle Museum Re-Release CD1 & 2

• Plug In Baby CD 1 & 2

• New Born Digipak & CD2

• OoS Digipak

• Bliss CD1 & CD2 & DVD

• Hyper Music/Feeling Good CD & Feeling Good/Hyper Music CD

• Dead Star/In Your World CD & In Your World/Dead Star CD

• Absolution Limited Edition CD/DVD

• Absolution Singles Boxset

• Hysteria Vinyl

• B&H Vinyl

• Supermassive Black Hole CD & DVD & Vinyl

• BH&R Digipak

• BH&R Tour Edition CD/DVD

• Starlight CD & DVD

• KoC CD & DVD

• Invincible CD & DVD

• Uprising CD & Vinyl

• Resistance CD & Vinyl

• The Resistance Deluxe Limited Edition Boxset (5.1 DVD)

Also, jw Niall if you've posted the radio edits on muselive or anything yet?

if anyone can help thanks

shameless bump...

unfortunately even the auctioned off ones go near that figure too. Hopefully sellers will bring the prices down but i wouldnt count on it.

this one here is the cheapest buy it now for one (he has 2 copies :mad:greedy **** :LOL:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MUSE-RESISTANCE-POPCORN-7-PICTURE-DISC-SINGLE-NEW_W0QQitemZ270556324294QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Records?hash=item3efe69e1c6

maybe the right price for you? I dunno...

I am going to buy one of these too.

dam ebayers really.

I wonder if any American fans can help me get a copy of Exogenesis? :/

Yeah, I don't know why they don't release more of that stuff because I'd certainly pay for it and I know a lot of others would...I feel a poll coming on. Probably Warner don't want lots of unofficial remixes getting circulated without their loyalties and profits.

But we've had some limited releases along those lines: B&H and Starlight. If Warner were to sell it outright, I can't see them taking a loss on it. It's Muse's legacy material, and only the dedicated fans would eat it up. They're the most likely to pay anyway.

Emm sound ways the rereleases will sound better probably. I was just saying that the prices i quoted were for the originals which are much rarer than the rereleases (hence the higher prices). just if that mattered to you. Those prices for the rereleases you found were about right for those ones.

Ok. Thanks for all the help ;)

But we've had some limited releases along those lines: B&H and Starlight. If Warner were to sell it outright, I can't see them taking a loss on it. It's Muse's legacy material, and only the dedicated fans would eat it up. They're the most likely to pay anyway.

is that you in your av? if so you look really like dom howard

/offtopic

If they re-released the Showbiz, OoS, and Absolution boxsets, I'd buy them. :awesome:

i have a questios what is the secret of the nekless of matthew bellamy

Necklace, you mean? Like the guitar pick necklace? :unsure:

If so, that's nothing special, I've made one myself, you just drill a hole in a guitar pick...

0407101528-01.jpg

my arm looks so flabby. :facepalm:

Does anyone own the Black Holes & Revelations Promo Box? I'm just wondering how high I should go on the bid on ebay.. It's over in and hour if you can help! Thank you!!!

Edit: Nevermind! I won. lol maybe paid too much.. but I wasn't going to let the other person have it!!

Just bought my first round on Ebay this week.. and when everything comes in this is what I will have!

ALBUMS:

Showbiz

Origin of symmetry

Hullabaloo

Absolution

Black Holes and Revelations

H.A.A.R.P CD+DVD

Resistance CD+ DVD

Other:

Sunburn 1+2

Muscle Museum EP

Invincible CD+DVD

Random 1-8

Hyper Music box set 3 CD

Absolution Tour - DVD

Black Holes and Revelations Tour Edition CD/DVD

Promo Discography Box (Black Holes and Revelations)

Hullabaloo DVD

Sing for Absolution 3 CD box

Does anyone own the Black Holes & Revelations Promo Box? I'm just wondering how high I should go on the bid on ebay.. It's over in and hour if you can help! Thank you!!!

Edit: Nevermind! I won. lol maybe paid too much.. but I wasn't going to let the other person have it!!

Just bought my first round on Ebay this week.. and when everything comes in this is what I will have!

ALBUMS:

Showbiz

Origin of symmetry

Hullabaloo

Absolution

H.A.A.R.P CD+DVD

Resistance CD+ DVD

Other:

Sunburn 1+2

Muscle Museum EP

Invincible CD+DVD

Random 1-8

Hyper Music box set 3 CD

Absolution Tour - DVD

Hullabaloo DVD

Yea i think you paid quite high for the box about £150, i saw one a month or two ago go for £90 or something.

And er... YOU BOUGHT ALL THAT IN ONE WEEK? :eek: Must be like700 -800 dollars right there!

ALBUMS:

Showbiz

Origin of symmetry

Hullabaloo

Absolution

H.A.A.R.P CD+DVD

Resistance CD+ DVD

Other:

Sunburn 1+2

Muscle Museum EP

Invincible CD+DVD

Random 1-8

Hyper Music box set 3 CD

Absolution Tour - DVD

Hullabaloo DVD

I wish I could just buy a bunch of shit like that.

Yea i think you paid quite high for the box about £150, i saw one a month or two ago go for £90 or something.

And er... YOU BOUGHT ALL THAT IN ONE WEEK? :eek: Must be like700 -800 dollars right there!

I wish I could just buy a bunch of shit like that.

Bought most of it last night actually.. stayed up a little too late looking at this thread.. and it was only about 500

Very late to the party but:

Showbiz (CD & LP)

OoS (CD & LP)

Absolution (CD & LP)

Blackholes (CD & LP)

Resistance (CD)

HAARP

Muscle Museum (Digital D/L)

We're looking to have a complete collection when all is said and done, like we've (almost) done with S. Pumpkins and NIN...

Archived