Message Board Software Change

JessicaSarahS

Yes ok, but if I’d check in here now, if I’d come  back after quite a while, seeing it all changed, would I search for a thread that tells me what to do? Would I write to a mod and ask for help? Would I ask other members here for help? Yes, I would. Would everybody else do it?  I don‘t think so. .. I still think this all was a fault. My opinion. 

Ranting on a high level, I know. ( do you say so in English ..? It‘s a phrase in German 😅

Edited by Claudia O

I think it’s a combo of this and the tour tbf. There just wasn’t really owt to talk about after a while of every show being the same and with people also having to get used to the new software (which I’ve not been keen on either but maybe I’m grumpy and don’t like change), being logged out every week, etc. there just ain’t much incentive to drop in. People had been noticeably dropping off since Drones but that one-two punch was hella effective. Part of me wonders if it’s just the way online music discussion is going - why have one account per band forum rather than just an account on a mass site (e.g. reddit) where you can flick between whatever interest you want. This board did well to last so long imo, don’t have much experience with others but, from what I’d see, other band forums would be a lot less active.

Be interesting to see what pickup there is when the next album’s buildup hits, or if it’ll just be too late. I suspect the latter though tbh 💔 might have to actually nut up and get a reddit account after years of slagging it off fml

Yeah, the static setlists of the tour = no gig discussions.

Maybe the generation from the beginning and up to Drones is not as much  active on the net as it used to be. The younger ones are not that inti messageboards, as you said Reddit, Instagram, Tictoc  .. are the cool things. 

No activity now is normal, but I‘ll stay anyway 👍😎

I honestly was remembering recently that there was a stadium tour. I had actually forgotten since it was still literally the same show and stage but with a bigger screen.

There are more discussions happening on Reddit and Discord (mostly associated with /r/muse but there's some others too). But even on those tour discussion died down quickly since there was nothing new to discuss. You kind of realize how much of Main Muse's life was based around following the concerts.

Let‘s hope Muse decide to go back to basics (this time for real!) with concerts, changing the setlists  again and do rock gigs?! Not only for more discussions here 😅😂

I was hoping for a setlist change and no dancers at the festival they did, but no .... 

Edited by Claudia O

• 2 years later...