Message Board Software Change

JessicaSarahS

The message board is about to undergo an upgrade!

We are migrating from vBulletin to InVision. During this transition, access to the board will be impacted for a short while. We will attempt to migrate most current posts to the new board. You will reach a maintenance page when this process is underway. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The message board will also have a new URL. There will be a redirect to the new board location when that happens and an announcement on the main site when the update is complete.

This is all set to happen before March. Thank you for your patience.

Just please do not break the simplicity of this forum for some bloated modern script laden monstrosity. Not just personal preference here but I remember when Muselive did a massive forum upgrade and what was left of the site died hard within a year.

But it's hard to fuck up that bad I think.

Good luck with that, but i wonder if the old posts will be lost forever. How far will you go back, 1 year or 2? Altough I only joined some years ago, I enjoyed reading through the old posts, its craziness sometimes, it would be a big loss, even more for the ones who have been here in those times.

Only my thougts, maybe everyone else gives a shit about this :(

Yes, I dislike changes as well .....

We're at the point where we can't keep it running on this software version (you must've noticed the lack of https by now...) - I think a lot of the old posts will be available, but some sections are likely to be merged or disappear.

You don't need to upgrade software to have HTTPS.

Speaking of HTTPS, maybe you guys can pass a message to the staff and tell them to have their certificates sorted on muse.mu.

https://i.imgur.com/kds8UF6.png

Good luck with that, but i wonder if the old posts will be lost forever. How far will you go back, 1 year or 2? Altough I only joined some years ago, I enjoyed reading through the old posts, its craziness sometimes, it would be a big loss, even more for the ones who have been here in those times.

Only my thougts, maybe everyone else gives a shit about this :(

Yes, I dislike changes as well .....

Old threads get purged after a while anyways.

So long, old friend :'(

What was this one called, Doris? Or was that an old one that pooped out?

Doris is the backend server I believe as it has had predecessors while the site has clearly not updated besides the graphics.

Have no idea what to expect from Invision but hopefully it works nicely. Superherohype forums recently changed from vBulletin to Xenforo and it's been working great so far. There were a couple of hiccups at the beginning which unfortunately caused some members to leave the site.