Message Board Software Change

JessicaSarahS

6 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Do you know that one still can't come here when clicking on the link "Forum" on muse.mu ? I think if you fix this and write a mssage on the news section, many will come back. I think you'll still do this, right?!

Yes— that’s why when I posted the link on Twitter, I said that there will still be login trouble. You guys got the early release.  Thanks for being the testers for the group! 😄

Thanks to yesterday’s relatively successful test, the forum is now linked to muse.mu. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LucRobert said:

Hello there

Is there a way to change the colours ? 

I'm seeing a lot of white or light grey text on a black background and some posts (ex the "Welcome Back" with the FAQ) are quite difficult to read.

Luc

We only have a white or grey theme at the moment. You can change it below. We will look into more theme designs later on.

12 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Hi Hyena and Jobby! 

Hyena, you can change your username when you log on to muse.mu just click on your name, then gonto Edit your account (I think) change it, and save. Log in again.

Thanks.  I tried but apparently someone still has the username Hyena on muse.mu. That's why I had to append the 17 when I joined.  Prob not even an active account. 😞

3 hours ago, Kueller917 said:

giphy.gif

🤣 I’m mad at the forum, not you. 

Username should be fixed now. 🤞

My apologies for any delay in requests— my computer has been screwed up and I’ve only had a couple windows of time here and there to fix it, so I’m doing all of the forum stuff on mobile for the time being. 🤮

Wow, we're back in town! Nicely on time for the start of the tour :)

In terms of the account I have one question:

I tried to log in to the forum with my email address (since it didn't ask for my username) but that didn't really work. So I requested a new password which was sent to my email and now I can login again. However, I already have a separate account for the muse.mu/member section that now also has the same email address as my forum account (this wasn't the case earlier). Are they now automatically linked? Cheers.

Edit: Okay I just logged into members section and I see they're automatically linked. That's neat, except that all my info from my original forum account before the upgrade (which was also 'Cyndris') is lost. My current account info says I joined today, and my avatar and info etc. have disappeared. @JessicaSarahS any way to get these back?

Edited by Cyndris
  • Like 1

Guest haloeighteen

Are we all forced to be new members? It seems as though I am a different halo eighteen than before. But I assure you, I'm the same person lol. If those can be merged, that would be awesome (preferably keeping my old 2005 join date ha):)

Edited by haloeighteen

34 minutes ago, halo eighteen said:

Are we all forced to be new members? It seems as though I am a different halo eighteen than before. But I assure you, I'm the same person lol. If those can be merged, that would be awesome (preferably keeping my old 2005 join date ha):)

that's confusing me as well.

especially as my old me still exists: https://forum.muse.mu/profile/914193-blubb0r/

Guest haloeighteen

42 minutes ago, blubb0r said:

that's confusing me as well.

especially as my old me still exists: https://forum.muse.mu/profile/914193-blubb0r/

Yeah, I figured it out. My old board email was not the same as the one I had for the .mu website. I now know what my board email was (and it's still active even), but I'm not able to delete this account and I'm worried that simply changing my current website email to my old board email will have adverse effects.

Sheesh.

I'm getting used to the new forum, but I just realized what I'm missing: that you can see in the thread, next to the user name, if somebody is online or not, and where they are from,  when they joined, how  old they are ... 

Edited by Claudia O