Muse in Kerrang 11/2018

That Little Animal

As a slightly off-topic side note. Those are some terrible pictures in that Kerrang article. It's like they hired someone specifically to fuck up the lighting and make them look as old as possible.

that's what I was thinking too, but with the article title "being human", maybe they were trying to show as many imperfections as possible :LOL:

So Matt admits he's never really cared much about lyrics when listening to music. Guess we know why they're so often shit now. He doesn't place importance on them.

I get that though, I barely listen to lyrics as a musician. Then again, I don't write them either.

Or he's just saying that to deflect from his inability to actually write them. Sour grapes and all.

Nah, I think it falls about in line with stuff he’s said in the past about mainly seeing his vocals as just an instrument and not really thinking about what he’s actually singing too much. Think he’s always said lyrics are usually the very last thing he does as well, maybe suggesting they’re not so crucial to the song itself.

Yeah, that's what I figured. But even then there are more artistically pleasing ways to do it. This just looks bad.

Yeah usually if they want to go for a "natural" approach the photoshoot will reflect that. There's still a lot of photoshop going on here, and the lighting makes Muse look worse than they probably do irl, so it's just like the person had no idea what they were doing.

Yeah, that's what I figured. But even then there are more artistically pleasing ways to do it. This just looks bad.

Yeah usually if they want to go for a "natural" approach the photoshoot will reflect that. There's still a lot of photoshop going on here, and the lighting makes Muse look worse than they probably do irl, so it's just like the person had no idea what they were doing.

I think they were trying to go for a rugged, edgy look, but they just look rough & aged beyond their actual age. :facepalm: