'Origin of Muse'

Tesseract

Found the boxset in Fopp a few weeks ago, had to hold off on buying it until I got paid a few days later, relieved that it was still in stock each time I visited the store!

Can't wait to give it all a listen!

Edited by P-Mac
  • Like 1

I got mine when it came out but it took me ages to get round to buying a CD player for my HiFi so hadn't yet listened to the CDs.

Can I be the first to say how good OoS at Reading sounds. I don't remember it being so special at the time but I guess I wouldn't have fully appreciated it being there. I love it so much.

16 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Seriously, why is there a track 0 on some CDs and on some not?? I don‘t get it .. yes, I tried some players ..

Did you try on another kind of players ? I think sometimes it works on home players and not on computer ones or vice versa. Not sure my explanation is clear 🤔

On 3/1/2020 at 7:22 AM, Claudia O said:

Seriously, why is there a track 0 on some CDs and on some not?? I don‘t get it .. yes, I tried some players ..

It seems unlikely that some CDs have HTOA and others don't. More likely you don't have any equipment that can play it. I don't think that many CD players these days can rewind into the pregap and same with computer drives maybe.

Something like EAC for Windows will tell you if a CD has a Track 1 pregap at least but not all drives can read it.

• 1 month later...

Hi all - so I've only just found out about this set... mea culpa...  Is there anywhere you can still but it other than eBay?  I'd like it but also am not prepared to pay more than it's original price, which is why I'm not interested in eBay

I'm excited to get it because I was at the Portsmouth Pyramids gig back in 1999!  If it's the one I'm thinking of they were supporting Three Colours Red (much missed band) and it was the first of many times I've seen them live.  Tbh I thought they were awful (again mea culpa...).  I then saw them again literally a few days later supporting Feeder at the same venue and thought they were brilliant!  The rest is history :)

I'm also really keen to hear the Origin of Symmetry live show from Reading 2011.  I was really knarked when they didn't show the whole thing on TV at the time.

Hope all of you reading this are well and keeping safe

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still amazed at how excellent the Origin Of Muse box is. You can really tell Dom, Matt, and Chris put a lot of effort into crafting a loving gift to their fans and a testament to their beginnings. Every page is unique, the various posters hidden within are wonderful, the volume of music contained on the 9 discs is like a dream come true, and the vinyl records are extremely well done. I really hope they do more boxes like this in the future. Maybe one in 5 or 6 years for the Abso-Black Holes era?

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, Silentgod86 said:

I'm still amazed they haven't re-issued it considering its selling for £300+. They're justing leaving money on the table. Release a cd only version for £80 and everyone's happy, not just the scalpers.

Don't worry 2020 Silent God, a single copy will magically appear on and Irish retailer's site in June 2022 for roughly the original price and is not damaged in significant way. Never stop believing!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 2:25 PM, Silentgod86 said:

Don't worry 2020 Silent God, a single copy will magically appear on and Irish retailer's site in June 2022 for roughly the original price and is not damaged in significant way. Never stop believing!

Hah nice! The Origin of Muse boxset is one of the best things Muse has ever released.

• Like 1