Off topic whining.

Hat

Cut it out with your condescending bullshit. People are tired of everyone discussing "oh yes this song would be nice mhmm yes very nice". Nothing of value there.
So wait, people are tired of something everyone is discussing?

People obviously discuss what they want to discuss. You're not the voice of everyone.

The 2008 performances of Invincible were being done a semi-tone lower so I can imagine that happening to if its bought back. Could also imagine one of his older Kaoss guitars returning, given the stripped back nature of Matt's current rig.

It seems he's going to have another "Kaoss-less" guitar for the next leg. Do you remember the Manson DR-1 with military green paint issued sometime ago? Hugh Manson himself said Matt would have played his personal model during the World Tour in 2016.

Anyway, I want Invincible to make a comeback, too. :)

I never said I was and I wasn't the one making the claims about what "people" think. You don't get the difference here?

If you actually think I'm simply making claims rather than actually talking to people here then you're incredibly dense. I'm not about to name anyone for you, either. You're just quarreling because that's what you enjoy. Instigating as per usual.

If you actually think I'm simply making claims rather than actually talking to people here then you're incredibly dense. I'm not about to name anyone for you, either. You're just quarreling because that's what you enjoy. Instigating as per usual.
Sigh. Okay I guess we're doing this.

1. You do realise that your posts in this thread has also been about possible songs? You've argued about Ashamed, Aftermath, Guiding Light etc. You haven't started them, but does that matter? You haven't really discussed anything else.

Which brings me to

2. If people feel like the thread isn't being used for the right things, what SHOULD we be using it for? I don't exactly see anyone bringing up any good topics.

3. No, I'm certain that you've talked to like 2-3 people and then make a post about what "everyone" talks about. Because that makes sense.

It seems he's going to have another "Kaoss-less" guitar for the next leg. Do you remember the Manson DR-1 with military green paint issued sometime ago? Hugh Manson himself said Matt would have played his personal model during the World Tour in 2016.

Anyway, I want Invincible to make a comeback, too. :)

I remember seeing the green DR-1 recently on the Manson's site... not sure I like the finish but surprised Matt hasn't been playing one so far.

I wasn't sure about the idea of Invincible returning as its behind others in the queue for me, but I was watching HAARP last night and it sounds really good, plus the ending part surprisingly got the crowd going very well. Also, I think it ties in a little bit with the latter half of Drones than some other tunes... even if Muse have abandoned the idea of making the tour setlist conceptual.

I'd take it over Resistance. God knows why that bore is back again. Hopefully it'll be ditched for Europe, given it didn't really catch fire over here as it did in the US.

pssh party pooper

I'm trying to stay neutral on it tbh, not getting my hopes up but also not totally dismissing it. Last few years have proven just about anything can happen with this band.

Tbf, until R+L 2011, I didn't think they would go through with "Origin in full"

Also instigating, are you kidding?

YOU made a post complaining about the topics on here, then say I'm instigating when I reply. What did you expect, that people would magically start posting about things that you like without fuss?

Advice: If you want to talk about other things, start talking about other things instead of just complaining about what's being discussed.

Sigh. Okay I guess we're doing this.

1. You do realise that your posts in this thread has also been about possible songs? You've argued about Ashamed, Aftermath, Guiding Light etc. You haven't started them, but does that matter? You haven't really discussed anything else.

Which brings me to

2. If people feel like the thread isn't being used for the right things, what SHOULD we be using it for? I don't exactly see anyone bringing up any good topics.

3. No, I'm certain that you've talked to like 2-3 people and then make a post about what "everyone" talks about. Because that makes sense.

1. It was never about "possible songs" for me because I never had much faith in the efforts to begin with, it was about the principle of arbitrarily deciding who's suggestion is "worthy" enough to be included in some poll. It was always about inclusion.

2. This is my point. I don't see anyone bringing up any good topics either. Either the thread should be locked until things happen that are worth discussion or we direct the discussion towards something else besides bemoaning poor setlists and dreaming about which songs they could (but won't) play.

3. Here you seem incapable of even recalling what you said yourself. I never made claims for "everyone", I said "people". People is a plural noun, meaning more than one person. So your allegation is unfounded and naturally you have no clue how many people I've talked to anyways. Point is you're arguing for the sake of arguing because in your 2nd point you defended the thread discussion while simultaneously saying "no good topics" are being brought up, so why do you waste your breath defending something you don't think is good? Simple, you enjoy arguing. Full stop.

Also instigating, are you kidding?

YOU made a post complaining about the topics on here, then say I'm instigating when I reply. What did you expect, that people would magically start posting about things that you like without fuss?

Advice: If you want to talk about other things, start talking about other things instead of just complaining about what's being discussed.

You're good at narrating events in the recent past. I know what I did lmao you don't have to insult my intelligence by reminding me of what just happened 5 minutes ago. I expect that people besides you would respond to my posts but yknow, that doesn't ever happen. :rolleyes:

1. It was never about "possible songs" for me because I never had much faith in the efforts to begin with, it was about the principle of arbitrarily deciding who's suggestion is "worthy" enough to be included in some poll. It was always about inclusion.
What about the GL and Aftermath discussion?

2. This is my point. I don't see anyone bringing up any good topics either. Either the thread should be locked until things happen that are worth discussion or we direct the discussion towards something else besides bemoaning poor setlists and dreaming about which songs they could (but won't) play.
This makes no sense and you know it. So these people who are complaining don't have anything they'd rather talk about, yet they feel superior enough to consider the topics that ARE discussed unworthy? The thread should be closed because people aren't talking about what YOU want them to talk about, even though it's on topic?

3. Here you seem incapable of even recalling what you said yourself. I never made claims for "everyone", I said "people". People is a plural noun, meaning more than one person. So your allegation is unfounded and naturally you have no clue how many people I've talked to anyways. Point is you're arguing for the sake of arguing because in your 2nd point you defended the thread discussion while simultaneously saying "no good topics" are being brought up, so why do you waste your breath defending something you don't think is good? Simple, you enjoy arguing. Full stop.

You misunderstood. I said you made a post about what everyone is talking about, because you literally did. "People are tired of everyone discussing"

You're good at narrating events in the recent past. I know what I did lmao you don't have to insult my intelligence by reminding me of what just happened 5 minutes ago. I expect that people besides you would respond to my posts but yknow, that doesn't ever happen. :rolleyes:
So you have no answer then?

Make a post about a topic you find worthy discussing or let people talk about what they want. Simple.

I was a bit disappointed the first time I watched on YT the intro in the first absolute of this tour. Now I think it's mesmerising with its sacred feeling and the glowing orb-drones floating around, but I was hoping they could use a totally different intro, purposedly written just for the tour, like the snippet in that brief teaser for the stage.

Yeah, I like the visual aspect of the intro a lot, it's just the 2 plays of Drones that feel really arbitrary.

I'd love Overture (which would flow really well into Reapers or Psycho), The Gallery, shortened instrumentals of Con-Science or Forced In or something new like WATU (or even WATU itself, like Ryan suggested). Isolated System would work too but I guess they 'have to' use that for The Handler.

I expect that people besides you would respond to my posts but yknow, that doesn't ever happen. :rolleyes:

'Cause it's kind of pointless when you just make weird/arbitrary arguments and don't tend to actually listen to what people reply with. I know I've given up.

Edited by Jobby

What about the GL and Aftermath discussion?

This makes no sense and you know it. So these people who are complaining don't have anything they'd rather talk about, yet they feel superior enough to consider the topics that ARE discussed unworthy? The thread should be closed because people aren't talking about what YOU want them to talk about, even though it's on topic?

You misunderstood. I said you made a post about what everyone is talking about, because you literally did. "People are tired of everyone discussing"

So you have no answer then?

Make a post about a topic you find worthy discussing or let people talk about what they want. Simple.

1. That was me defending against songs being "objectively shit", because that's not possible.

2. That may very well be true, yes. My say is irrelevant. "On topic" is forever up for debate/open to interpretation.

3. Why would you say I'm claiming that everyone is talking about what they're talking about? Makes no sense.

4. Sure

1. That was me defending against songs being "objectively shit", because that's not possible.

2. That may very well be true, yes. My say is irrelevant. "On topic" is forever up for debate/open to interpretation.

3. Why would you say I'm claiming that everyone is talking about what they're talking about? Makes no sense.

4. Sure

Could you two just stfu or go and have your hissy fits somewhere else

'Cause it's kind of pointless when you just make weird/arbitrary arguments and don't tend to actually listen to what people reply with. I know I've given up.

How do I make weird/arbitrary arguments? I've literally just been calling you out over and over for excluding me and my perfectly valid suggestions and you do nothing about it and try to save face with half baked pretenses.