Interesting...I wonder what that could be for

My main concern with this is that the neck pocket is a bit too tight. I took the neck off the irncaster™ and it really had to be forced on this one, and was slightly crooked too.

But I'll see how the permanent neck for this one fits. Maybe it will help that it's satin finish too.

:ninja:

You don't want it too tight, seen a few recent fenders have I seen with cracked pockets after 6-12 months of use.

Is it possible that it shrunk since it was made? The other guitar is a good fit, but I was nervous that it would break the side off on this one. And like I said, the overall fit was a little crooked too... enough to screw up the string alignment (which is incredibly helpful if you're trying to mount the pick guard properly). It was close enough after loosening the screws and shifting a bit, but not as good as the other one.

Don't want to mess around with it too much. I'll always remember this. :$

bombercrack.jpg

yeah

on a side note, I don't think it was necessarily the heat that messed up the finish on the other one. When I took the neck off yesterday, the neck plate left a massive mark in the clear coat. Maybe the finish wasn't completely hardened (?) by the time I received it.

Is it possible that it shrunk since it was made? The other guitar is a good fit, but I was nervous that it would break the side off on this one. And like I said, the overall fit was a little crooked too... enough to screw up the string alignment (which is incredibly helpful if you're trying to mount the pick guard properly). It was close enough after loosening the screws and shifting a bit, but not as good as the other one.

Don't want to mess around with it too much. I'll always remember this. :$

bombercrack.jpg

i may of weeped at that point

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this means it's completed. Just need to put the strings on tomorrow, but I don't see any issues with that. Here you go Jaicen:

eDTfEF7.jpg

The original for reference: http://blog.warmoth.com/2015/12/29/weezer-and-warmoth/

Also. Sperzel tuners. Never again.

But this was a replica, so I had to. I still managed to screw up the installation (no, didn't drill through the headstock) despite using a guide/jig/whatever it's called. I did the standard gotohs on the other one less crooked, and that was by foot sight alone.

Looks like a tidy job, hope it lives up to expectations.

Should I assume the bridge issue is resolved now?

Yeah I suppose. I'm going to keep trying to hunt down an original for 100% accuracy, but for now, I'm going to leave it with this one. It's mainly the string spacing and saddle material/color that will be different. I'd also have to change the bridge pickup to the F-spaced one if I put the correct bridge on.

And it seems good. Neck is a much better fit as well, but not sure if that's just because of the thinner finish.

... I still managed to screw up the installation (no, didn't drill through the headstock) despite using a guide/jig/whatever it's called. I did the standard gotohs on the other one less crooked, and that was by foot sight alone.

I always go back and slightly oversize the holes for the peg on the crooked ones.

The one that I drilled all the way through.. dead straight. :mad:

I still think the PRS tuners are my all time favorite.

I always go back and slightly oversize the holes for the peg on the crooked ones.

The one that I drilled all the way through.. dead straight. :mad:

I still think the PRS tuners are my all time favorite.

I already did that actually. It's not too bad, but certainly could have been done more accurately.

Which ones are those? I haven't tried anything that comes close to the gotoh 510s. But again, I didn't use them for this 'build' since it's a replica of something else.

I already did that actually. It's not too bad, but certainly could have been done more accurately.

Which ones are those? I haven't tried anything that comes close to the gotoh 510s. But again, I didn't use them for this 'build' since it's a replica of something else.

At this point the PRS machines are six or seven generations in (I can't figure out how they are labeled Phase III), they started as some weird cam locking thing based on a Schaller and have evolved into an exposed gear ultralight, low friction work of art.

Don't know that I'd ever pay the price for a set on the aftermarket but every PRS I've owned was dead simple to string.

At this point the PRS machines are six or seven generations in (I can't figure out how they are labeled Phase III), they started as some weird cam locking thing based on a Schaller and have evolved into an exposed gear ultralight, low friction work of art.

Don't know that I'd ever pay the price for a set on the aftermarket but every PRS I've owned was dead simple to string.

So they're custom made for PRS? I haven't played a PRS in years, but I didn't really like the one I played back in 2011 or so. I can't remember which one that was, but all I remember is that it was in the mid $2000 range. I guess a US made one.

But if it's good enough for the likes of Creed and Nickelback, then there you go. ;)

And for the record the 510 HAP ones on my manson are just as good.

They are excellent. Did you actually have yours upgraded to the 510s? I recall you had the stealth setup, but I wasn't sure if that included a machine head upgrade. They come with 381 HAPs as standard. I think the 510s are a little smoother is all, and they look a bit nicer I think.

The difference in tuning stability should be minimal I'd imagine, provided everything is setup properly.

I overlooked the creed and nickelback endorsements :LOL:

The 510 tuners were one of the things I was excited to check out. I've always been a Gotoh hardware fan. Adrian cut me a discount on those for some reason, they were less than the kill button!

I found these pictures from 2009, this was the Sperzel drill victim. This guitar was a ten top custom 22 with a wide thin neck from 1996 I think. It had been in a regional acts touring rig and was totally trashed. Somebody had done a hack job three way install and all of the hardware was rusted, I always said it was a flood recovery because it was caked in what I assumed to be years of sweat. The frets had plenty of life after a crown and polish and she played like a dream though.

I got it for $650 when a new one was like $2300, as you can see I was in an EMG phase (81/60)and swapped the tuners because the cam units were too far gone. Add an adjustable bridge because I was in that wound G phase (11 to 64 baby!). The drill incident was easily covered in black paint and a cig burn on the headstock was totally fitting as cover. Fresh hardware and a metal switch tip for teh br00tz.

This was the guitar that got me off the Gibson/Fender train.It was wayyyy more guitar than the Les Paul studio I was playing at the time, even if the LP had burstbucker pros. :p I sold it for over a grand a few years later. I still kind of miss it.

3547731066_caf158d43a_b.thumb.jpg.d3c1543149a3a15157f7c3157fac52b2.jpg

3547731066_caf158d43a.thumb.jpg.9b23ed03e4954ff3048e400150765780.jpg

$650 seems like a good deal for that! I never liked any of the burst buckers I've tried. Much prefer the usual 490/498 setup.

Are you allowed to say what this regional touring act was? :ninja: I bought a 1995 LP from Mansons several months back, and it has a really unusual amount of wear for its age. original frets still have life, but it looks like it's something that must have been gigged heavily for several years.

But I don't know any of its history.

$650 seems like a good deal for that! I never liked any of the burst buckers I've tried. Much prefer the usual 490/498 setup.

Are you allowed to say what this regional touring act was? :ninja: I bought a 1995 LP from Mansons several months back, and it has a really unusual amount of wear for its age. original frets still have life, but it looks like it's something that must have been gigged heavily for several years.

But I don't know any of its history.

Don't quote me but I think it was owned by Matt from Element 80. The problem with that is half of the guitars and amps I've owned or seen pop up were rumored to be his.

Yep, as long as you get the correct ones. The cast ones all have the same diameter post (10mm) I think, and you should get the HAP at least, but just be careful of the small screw location as they have at least two different types.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys !

I post here to ask for help!

Here is the situation :

I am making a replica of Manson MB2 SE with twin p90 (manson) and sustainer.

I can't find a solution to configure the sustainer to work well regardless of which configuration.

Either it works perfectly with the p90 alone and doesn't work well with p90 in series or vice versa. :mad:

Do you have a solution? Someone has already had a real MB2-SE and can tell me if the sustainer is tuned for a precise configuration?

Thank you !

Hi guys !

I post here to ask for help!

Here is the situation :

I am making a replica of Manson MB2 SE with twin p90 (manson) and sustainer.

I can't find a solution to configure the sustainer to work well regardless of which configuration.

Either it works perfectly with the p90 alone and doesn't work well with p90 in series or vice versa. :mad:

Do you have a solution? Someone has already had a real MB2-SE and can tell me if the sustainer is tuned for a precise configuration?

Thank you !

pretty sure you can have it only configured to one setup, so if you preferred tone of both pickups, set the sustainer for that, and visa versa

Archived