• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody !

I present you the latest guitar manufactured in partnership with Farid from Hysteriaguitars. He produced guitars entirely in metal it's absolutely beautiful.

My part of the work involved to make the custom guitar body and make the finish while Farid is busy assembling the guitar electronic part and relic all the pieces to give them a worn look .

Integrated effect :

- MIDI controller

- Fuzz Factory

Specs of the guitar

Body : Niangon 2 parts

Neck : Walnut, Rosewood fingerboard

Tuners : Gotoh

Pickups : Wolfetones humbuckers

Bridge : Stetsbar PRO II Vibrato

Fuzz Factory

Midi strip

Finish : Metal

1457550390-1.jpg

1457550394-2.jpg

1457550394-3.jpg

1457550394-4.jpg

Wow x2

I can honestly say this looks better than matt's metal bombers. I would like the look of this a lot more than MB's if the bridge was a pwoper FRX tremolo though.

Qft, incredible work. I like that bridge thpugh, it's more industrial looking than the frx which I think looks a bit clunky and needs more clearance.

Thanks guys ! :$

Jaicen you have fully understood the spirit of guitar industrial look. the stetsbar is entirely appropriate in this case.

I prefer the stetsbar for several reasons :

- it does the same job as the FRX,

- it is easier to install (4 screws)

- no steel nut to install

in any case I 'm really glad you liked the guitar :)

Hey guys, thinking of building a MOC soon but I have a few questions before I buy the rest of the materials!

1. What is the body thickness of a MOC?

2. What is the compound radius of the neck from the nut to the end of the neck? (The radius from the Cort MBC-1 would be most reliable)

3. How the hell do you wire a gazlang midi kit?

4. What is the most accurate way to replicate the M1D1 straight mirror crack?

I would greatly appreciate some reponses, you don't need to answer all of them :D

Cheers

Hey guys, thinking of building a MOC soon but I have a few questions before I buy the rest of the materials!

1. What is the body thickness of a MOC?

2. What is the compound radius of the neck from the nut to the end of the neck? (The radius from the Cort MBC-1 would be most reliable)

3. How the hell do you wire a gazlang midi kit?

4. What is the most accurate way to replicate the M1D1 straight mirror crack?

I would greatly appreciate some reponses, you don't need to answer all of them :D

Cheers

For the neck, why not aim for a neck that you would feel most comfortable with? This will not change the visuals of the guitar in any ways, so you should find a guitar that when you pick it up, the neck just feels right, and go for that.

As for the mirror cracking, from what I have seen from other users here, there just really is no 'reliable' way to crack the mirror. People here have seemed to come up with some methods of cracking, but in the end you have only some control over the outcome. I believe even Hugh even said for Matt's cracked mirror that it was a wild and random process with lots of experimenting to achieve it?

For the neck, why not aim for a neck that you would feel most comfortable with? This will not change the visuals of the guitar in any ways, so you should find a guitar that when you pick it up, the neck just feels right, and go for that.

As for the mirror cracking, from what I have seen from other users here, there just really is no 'reliable' way to crack the mirror. People here have seemed to come up with some methods of cracking, but in the end you have only some control over the outcome. I believe even Hugh even said for Matt's cracked mirror that it was a wild and random process with lots of experimenting to achieve it?

I have tried the Cort MBC-1 and it had an AMAZING neck for hard to play chords so I wanna replicate it cause I've started to play most chords with my thumb over the neck recently as Matt does that practically all the time :) Fair dos for the mirror, I just absolutely love the straight cracks on the M1d1 😍 Still favourite guitar of all time

• 3 weeks later...

well its only been about 6 months but it finally arrived.

IMG_20160408_175500_zps4ih2htsq.jpg

IMG_20160408_175641_zpsb3mmyehp.jpg

looks pretty good from a few feet away, but close up theres a lot of wood grain. which is not their fault. its just wood. stupid wood. theres a difference in it from when they first sent me photos to now, so its not their fault. the back of the neck isn't finished, so i'll have to do that myself, which is a bugger, but oh well. at least its finally here.

Not bad at all. What body wood is this one again?

its mahogany, so that would explain the grain. if it was alder or something like that it would be really good. I have just noticed on the back theres one place where the chrome has split a bit but its nothing massive. and theres a bit of 'burning' too, but again, I didn't notice it on first look.

its mahogany, so that would explain the grain. if it was alder or something like that it would be really good. I have just noticed on the back theres one place where the chrome has split a bit but its nothing massive. and theres a bit of 'burning' too, but again, I didn't notice it on first look.

Yeah I was wondering what a less porous wood would be like. And when you say burning, do you mean one of those dark grey spots that some of them tend to have?

Archived