Just thought it would be a nice place for people to post stuff they are working on. Here some pics of my current project. Slow progress!

n507354276_639721_2133.jpg

n507354276_639724_945.jpg

n507354276_639725_3798.jpg

n507354276_639717_1736.jpg

Looking good! :) Are you going to round that one off or is it going to be a bit like the new delorean?

Yeah birdseye is the best. I was trying to find a new birdeye top for the body for a carved top hollowbody but no luck :(

Do you want me to look around over here and see what I can find? I'm in good with 3 big exotic hardwood guys around town, I'm sure I could find something for you :)

Do you want me to look around over here and see what I can find? I'm in good with 3 big exotic hardwood guys around town, I'm sure I could find something for you :)

Cheers for the offer but it's too late for it now, all the routing would be way too deep if I but any extra on top :(

Thanks though!

Cheers Toff! I've been waiting for some decent weather to take some nice pics of the finished article outdoors and do a thread on it, but, well, I'll let you know when the sun comes out! :rolleyes:

In the meantime, here's a couple of earlier workbench pics which give a bit of a better idea of the finish. If anything the body looks nicer in the flesh than it does in pics, really responds to changes in light:

top2.800.jpg

headrear1.jpg

Guest bshuker
Darnit, my secret's out! :LOL:

There are times when a plastic switch tip just won't do:

top5.800.jpg

Aha! Very nice indeed, I didn't spot that should've thought smaller scale, that looks great though!

Cheers Toff! I've been waiting for some decent weather to take some nice pics of the finished article outdoors and do a thread on it, but, well, I'll let you know when the sun comes out! :rolleyes:

In the meantime, here's a couple of earlier workbench pics which give a bit of a better idea of the finish. If anything the body looks nicer in the flesh than it does in pics, really responds to changes in light:

snip

Damn that finish is mighty fine! Like the shape of the headstock as well :D

Hot!

Thanks Phill! It isn't fully scratchbuilt. As it was my first go at building a guitar I elected to minimise some of the risks by starting from a Tele-type kit, and taking it from there to where I wanted to be.

As it's turned out though, the modifications needed to get there ended up so extensive that it would have been less work overall to cut from blank. Filling the front routed control cavity, bridge pickup aperture and pickguard holes seamlessly turned out really fiddly and time-consuming - a lot moreso than cutting out the whole bodyshape would have been!

The end result is triffic though, makes some fantastic sounds and looks great. Exactly what I wanted to achieve. :)

Archived