He still says its "two narratives" but referring to it as the "epilogue" tells us really what it is. Again, the segue is a really obvious tip off to it.

yeah, it makes more sense now he's clarified it! This interview's been a bit meh so far, but at least now I know they like to ride bikes. Always good to know

I think 2nd Law was a bit easier to like straight away, but didn't stand the test of time (imo). I think this album is a bit more difficult to like but will be a grower

Yep, these are exactly my thoughts. I remember when I first hear T2L, I thought it was a very good album at first. I even ranked it their 3rd best album :LOL::LOL:. But I was tired of it in two weeks, and I began to dislike almost everything about it. I only listen on a regular basis Madness, Animals, IS and Panic Station. With this album, I know I will listen to at least 4 songs on a regular basis (DI, The Handler, Reapers and Defector) and the rest are growing on me a lot (except Drones, it's not my cup of tea). So I hope, this could be, at least, 4th in my rank.

don't think they've got the ideas tbh. We'd probs just get an hour's worth of whistling and Matt bellowing about "being free"

God I wish Muse had enough material for a Mesmerize/Hypnotize or Opposites style double album but I fear you may be correct about the potential results...