Yeah. You should wait until it's "out" before you decide if you like what you hear. Arbitrary release dates are crucial.

Deleting a track from an album in general is funny. The fact that it is before an albums release date makes it hilarious. MP3 generation because before MP3s, there was no such thing as "leaking". Follow?

Deleting a track from an album in general is funny. The fact that it is before an albums release date makes it hilarious. MP3 generation because before MP3s, there was no such thing as "leaking". Follow?

I get what you are saying. But if everyone has it, it's out. Release dates set months out are stupid and so dated.

Deleting a song isn't any more 'funny' than skipping a song you don't like.

I get what you are saying. But if everyone has it, it's out. Release dates set months out are stupid and so dated.

Deleting a song isn't any more 'funny' than skipping a song you don't like.

I Dont know, my "Muse" collection would feel incomplete if I deleted songs from my music library. I'd think fans obsessive enough to sign up on a message board and nit pick things like mixing levels would be obsessive enough to want every song in their library for a "completeness factor.

I Dont know, my "Muse" collection would feel incomplete if I deleted songs from my music library. I'd think fans obsessive enough to sign up on a message board and nit pick things like mixing levels would be obsessive enough to want every song in their library for a "completeness factor.

:yesey:

Why is subtlety necessary in songwriting? Subtlety is a stylistic choice, some writers prefer to be upfront about what they discuss and others prefer to skip around the point with flowery diction and imagery. I assure you if Matt was more subtle here he'd be criticized by critics asking "Where's the concept? Where did it go Matt? Matt is vague yet again just as he was in Absolution. Failed attempt at discussing a concept."

You assure me of that? Really? And I never said subtlety was necessary, I said some subtlety would be nice. That is my opinion. Do you just like to argue for the sake of arguing or does it truly offend you every time someone dislikes something about Muse that you like? You seem very bothered by some things that shouldn't bother you so much. Lighten up.

And you say some writers skip around the point with flowery diction as if it's bad when anyone is less in your face than Matt is on this album.

Edited by Matthz

Your OCD isn't the same as anyone else's. If you don't like a song you aren't required to keep it because it's made by a band you like. Drones (song) is pretty and blends impressively into Globalist. It takes me almost 2 minutes to realize I'm not still listening to the Globalist. But I can't see myself keeping it and listening to it much.

I love money but I don't tend to hold on to pennies much.

You assure me of that? Really? And I never said subtlety was necessary, I said some subtlety would be nice. That is my opinion. Do you just like to argue for the sake of arguing or does it truly offend you every time someone dislikes something about Muse that you like? You seem very bothered by some things that shouldn't bother you so much. Lighten up.

And you say some writers skip around the point with flowery diction as if it's bad when anyone is less in your face than Matt is on this album.

I didn't mean to imply you said it was necessary, I was just saying it isn't.

I was arguing with another person because they made presumptuous assertions about Matt that were baseless. I tire of those same old samef*g quality posts that everyone repeats.

I also didn't imply flowery diction is bad, concept album approaches make it difficult to balance subtleties and blatant hints.

I don't think his face was in it? Unless someone said something about that, I didn't notice anything besides just the war/speech/Snowden clips.

I think Matt said in an interview on BBC 6Music yesterday that their face was. Maybe he was just referring to himself :chuckle: