4th listening to the album, and it keeps growing. This time I focused more in the lyrics and the concept and, even if there are some bad lines, I dig it way more because I actually like its concept. But, there's one thing that seems odd to me, the transition between Revolt and Aftermath. I assume that in Revolt he's trying to fight the "powers that be" :LOL: and in Aftermath he says: "fuck you, this is tiresome, I find the love and I don't mind about any revolt". But, at least, he is free, both of them against the world. Am i missing something? I don't see it as a very happy ending, I find it very sad actually.

And also, do The Globalist and Drones tell another story in which the protagonist, instead of finding love, becomes a dictator? That makes "Drones" cool as a ghostly lament from the victims of the war. It actually could be an "outro" to The Globalist.

Sorry, it's long, but I wanna know what the rest think of it :happy:

I probably made it out to seem worse than it was. Muse has avoided seriously bad audio problems up until this album so maybe it's just really disappointing. It's even more disappointing considering how much I like the songs. Like why couldn't T2L have gotten this production haha

I bit of clipping audio problems, I say ok to that...It's overly polished and pristine a la

2nd Law, that annoys me more....

4th listening to the album, and it keeps growing. This time I focused more in the lyrics and the concept and, even if there are some bad lines, I dig it way more because I actually like its concept. But, there's one thing that seems odd to me, the transition between Revolt and Aftermath. I assume that in Revolt he's trying to fight the "powers that be" :LOL: and in Aftermath he says: "fuck you, this is tiresome, I find the love and I don't mind about any revolt". But, at least, he is free, both of them against the world. Am i missing something? I don't see it as a very happy ending, I find it very sad actually.

And also, do The Globalist and Drones tell another story in which the protagonist, instead of finding love, becomes a dictator? That makes "Drones" cool as a ghostly lament from the victims of the war. It actually could be an "outro" to The Globalist.

Sorry, it's long, but I wanna know what the rest think of it :happy:

The way I saw it is that in Aftermath, the war started with Revolt is nearing its end after taking a huge toll on everyone involved, especially the protagonist. He's sort of saying, fuck, let's just get this over with. I need to go kick back with my soul mate. Something like that.

I agree. :p Revolt has GROWN (get it?) on me.

Oh God the Drones puns are starting :p

I really really like the last verse in The Globalist. The vocals when he goes "Lost in space and time foreeeeeeeeevermooooooore" dunno, they just click with me :)

Maybe the Drones Album by Muse (Copyright Warner Music Group registered trade mark) [Pre-order now and get Dead Inside, Psycho, Mercy, The Handler and Defector right away!] are not the songs we don't like but the friends we've made along the way.

Well Matt has one explanation for the, at times, awful lyrics. He said in tonights Radio 6 interview that Mutt told him to be more clear and simple so it's easily relatable to the concept or something along those lines

Well Matt has one explanation for the, at times, awful lyrics. He said in tonights Radio 6 interview that Mutt told him to be more clear and simple so it's easily relatable to the concept or something along those lines

Really? Oh. Well that explains the last two albums to. Mutt time traveled back in time and told Matt to be as blunt as possible.

Really? Oh. Well that explains the last two albums to. Mutt time traveled back in time and told Matt to be as blunt as possible.

Haha, well yeah I guess you're right. But I think some of lyrics on the last two were just plain bad/out of place, whereas some on Drones were bad because they were so literal and forced at times