We're never told. He used to use Aquarian heads but has since shied away from them (who knows why, they're the best heads on the market) They're clear Remo heads and so are more than likely clear Emperors over clear Ambassadors on the toms. He used to use an Aquarian Super Kick II (in the heady Hullabaloo days) over black Regulator but now sticks to clear Powerstroke 3 over clear Ambassador or clear Pinstripe over clear Pinstripe. I only know the snare batter heads, it used to be an Aquarian Hi-energy (again, Hullabaloo, curiously it's a head with no coating and power dot material all over it) but now he uses coated Controlled Sound (for sure) and coated Emperors or Ambassadors (not sure which, or both, they're indistinguishable).

It's lovely, I remember listening to Assassin for the first time thinking, "I've heard that fill somewhere else before, verabatim." What he's playing there is Moby Dick which has those hand-hand-foot triplets but not in the same configuration.

He invented the single pedal double stroke which Dom borrows heavily from, also.

ahhh, so that fill in stairway to heaven is snare, tom1, bass, not snare tom1 floor tom, tom1, floor tom, tom1, snare etc?

might i just bring up this query...

Hullabaloo DVD footage...Bliss, does Dom use the double pedal in that? the hats seem a bit 'too' open and the bass beat he does seems a bit hard to do on a single pedal...even for heel-toe people

anyway, give me your ideas :D

might i just bring up this query...

Hullabaloo DVD footage...Bliss, does Dom use the double pedal in that? the hats seem a bit 'too' open and the bass beat he does seems a bit hard to do on a single pedal...even for heel-toe people

anyway, give me your ideas :D

Which bit of Bliss? :S

Going home from uni today so i can go on my kit again :D w00t

nooo...i've just seen ADAM's attempt and thats how Dom normally plays it now

but if you see the hullabaloo DVD, Dom plays along with bass line he hits it 3 times...argh i don't know the technical terms i don't have lessons but if you watch and listen to bliss on hullabaloo Dom plays his kick in unison with chris's bass riff

but if you see the hullabaloo DVD, Dom plays along with bass line he hits it 3 times...argh i don't know the technical terms i don't have lessons but if you watch and listen to bliss on hullabaloo Dom plays his kick in unison with chris's bass riff

just listened to it... seriously I can only hear a single, nothing approaching doubles.

I know, you're talking about the duh-duhduh phrase in the verse. One foot.

Jathink Dom destroyes the bearing edges on his gong bass because it has no hoops and he seems to play rimshots/doesn't use mallets?

Is that an online thingy?

And why do you have both your bass drum AND your hihat on the same side? :eek: Cable hihats are expensive! ;)

That's just the way I'm going to build my kit. It descends 14-16-18 down the right and 14-15 down the left (and 14-15-16 if I pass over the top of the snare which looks very tricky), depending on which hand I'm leading with. You can't see it on there but on the top of the bass hoop I'm going to have a groove wedge installed for an alternate riding surface.

Expensive?

Pearl RH2000 Eliminator Remote Hi Hat Stand US$200

Besides, it's just a regular hi hat stand with a bit of bike brake cable between the pedal and seat, I've seen people convert their push rod stands into remotes quite easily.

I don't like china cymbals generally, they're too harsh or something, even the dark models, until I tried this 27" monster which was the dirtiest, trashiest, most beastly sounding thing in existence and dark as dark can be. I went back to it a couple of times and now I have to have one. Still deciding whether to stack it with a tiny splash to control the wash, though, for better riding definition but the wash is lush and I don't really want to lose it.

EDIT: Yeah, it''s here: http://mitglied.lycos.de/Gerulat/DD/Test.html

it seems that after watching muse last night...dom did do double beats in assasin and also, the bass drum pattern in Knights is completly different to what i expected here's why...

above dom was his space ship and the image projected on that was his foot and bass pedal (iron cobra) he plays 2 double patterns one before the snare hit and one during the snare hit...i hate not knowing the technical shizz

basically dom hits the bass drum 4 times in each bar of 4

it seems that after watching muse last night...dom did do double beats in assasin and also, the bass drum pattern in Knights is completly different to what i expected here's why...

above dom was his space ship and the image projected on that was his foot and bass pedal (iron cobra) he plays 2 double patterns one before the snare hit and one during the snare hit...i hate not knowing the technical shizz

basically dom hits the bass drum 4 times in each bar of 4

I know. Its the heel toe technique (you see him using it in the starlight dvd)

H|--x---x---x---x-|
S|----x-------x---|
B|x--xx--xx--xx--x|

That but with added ghost notes on the snare.

I cant do the heel toe technique - my foots too big. If i curl up my toes and put them against the chain i can kinda do it. So instead im focusing more on the slide technique.

I just thought I'd post this here, seing as the "post pictures of your gear" thread seems to belong to the guitarists ;)

url removed

url removed

url removed

url removed

url removed

(I've got proper heads, but I haven't put them on yet because we still don't have a band room and I can't play at home :( )

phwoar! :D