WOW! HES MA HERO!!!!!1

Anyone who thinks that Travis Barker is the first person to do those things are probably the same people who think Joey Jordison is the greatest drummer alive

NO WAI JOEY RAWKZ TEH COCK.

another words he's more fail then a dropped burger at Mac D's

Starting out I used heel down too cuz it seemed natural, but I found I didn't really get the impact or power I wanted, so I tried a bunch of different things, and heel up seems to work best right now...

Yeah that's fine. There's nothing wrong with heel-up! Unless you lift your whole leg & foot up 2 feet off the pedal every time you hit a bass beat... :LOL:

shameless plug!

le talent show performance. really poor audio (no bass at all) but oh wellz! i fucked up a couple of times and my tempo isn't that steady, but meh... we only had a little over a month to rehearse, and I had to learn double bass completely... :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqJqCY3GBss

And the shipping...

The shipping is $90, and the fuel surcharge is 1/3 of it... :LOL: Fucking high gas prices...

all the stuf ive imported from america the import tax has been higher than the shipping

Alright, any advice for taming a stupid foot? ;) Difficulties getting power with my bass drum foot. suggestions? i.e. heel down/achored? heel up? how do you guys use/place your foot on the bass drum pedal? how does dom do it? cheers!

Dom uses heel up and for the faster stuff he uses heel-toe method.

I use the sliding technique - again heel up.

I only use heel down for quieter beats - so not very often haha

Some companies if you ask nicely will mark your items as gift so you don't have to pay import tax :)

really! :eek:

Right! im doing that from now on!

haha

why doesnt EVERYone do that automatically!

hahaha :LOL:

really! :eek:

Right! im doing that from now on!

haha

why doesnt EVERYone do that automatically!

hahaha :LOL:

Haha not all companies do it :( I only found out in the past few months while importing stuff and exporting stuff over to America:)

Alright, any advice for taming a stupid foot? ;) Difficulties getting power with my bass drum foot. suggestions? i.e. heel down/achored? heel up? how do you guys use/place your foot on the bass drum pedal? how does dom do it? cheers! I've been trying a bunch of different methods, but the one I seem to favor involves sorta using my whole leg and I'm not really sure if that's very effective, or not, or if I am just going to end up building a bad habit.

If the pedal hits the batter head of your bass drum when and how hard you want it to, it's an effective method. :)

Alright, any advice for taming a stupid foot? ;) Difficulties getting power with my bass drum foot. suggestions? i.e. heel down/achored? heel up? how do you guys use/place your foot on the bass drum pedal? how does dom do it? cheers! I've been trying a bunch of different methods, but the one I seem to favor involves sorta using my whole leg and I'm not really sure if that's very effective, or not, or if I am just going to end up building a bad habit.

I've been playing drums for 4 and a half years and i think its more comfortable and more effective for modern rock beats to play heel up. That's just my opinion though.

After the last incarnation, which was let down by dreadful cymbals, poor hardware and a crappy snare, everything is finally up to snuff. I managed to find a Saturn snare in emerald stardust (now discontinued) and leaped on it:

10x8

12x9

14x11

22x18

14x5.5

Cymbals are (left to right)

14" Saluda Mist X regular hats

19" Saluda Prototype medium thin crash

22" 1950's A Zildjian medium ride

18" Saluda Diamond medium thin crash

MOUNTED TAMBOURINE (better than a splash)

The Saludas are indescribably magnificent, and are everything I asked for. The 18" is bright and shattering, and opens up extremely easily. The 19" takes a bit more to get going (I attribute this to the partial lathing and that it seems a bit thicker than the 18) but has a lush dark crash that decays quickly and has a bite of trash beneath it.

Photo0035.jpg.27bae4659a545e2072f4fe5d333eefa4.jpg

Photo0034.jpg.603c42f6d793e8a6370aa5643705017a.jpg

Photo0036.jpg.ddae10d380cc40e7153ee2780f7ee6a5.jpg

Photo0037.jpg.01d66e99893c6442c7ac1ca81c48b948.jpg

Photo0038.jpg.1d9ebbcbba4dbdda6e20b93af10cc02a.jpg

Photo0039.jpg.fa5bb6f214f1ddfbdd390b708967c7a8.jpg

Photo0040.jpg.ee9aff8134efe9344e2b780b8ea84820.jpg

Photo0041.jpg.5f50a3940174e7645ef0894187d56ccd.jpg

Photo0042.jpg.e02a74f3d556c1d9c7d075adae6d31fd.jpg

Photo0033.jpg.51af411a47d082cfbdcb729455de346c.jpg

Thanks! Jamie (dude who owns and runs Saluda) will customize any production run cymbal of theirs to sound like what you specify. So you can either order them off the shelf, or pick something close and get him to modify it (free of charge). His prices are extremely reasonable, too. http://www.drumgearonline.com is where you order them from (includes true pricing). http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ is their website but the prices are MSRP, what you actually pay is on drumgearonline.

And, yes, 2u1d is supreme. :)

I'll have to post pics of my setup, I've dome something a little different that is kind of in between the two settings...

havent you just got the same as dom - one up - two down - one biggun on your left?

havent you just got the same as dom - one up - two down - one biggun on your left?

Yea, its still one up two down, but I have another tom in place of the 20" tom. That ones from my dad's Slingerland, I just borrowed it for those videos.

Oh by the way, Dom isn't using swiss triplets in Assassin is he? Cuz... yeah. They're not triplets. I don't think. :erm: Well I'm shit with theory and counting but...

The fills are 32nd note based more than triplet based I think, because it's not "RL r l RL r l" but more like " L r l r L r l r " or something like that.