lol im staying out of it!

people know my opinion on the matter. end of.

how does your dog smell? :eek:

id probably take a guess at saying that its trained its other senses to a point where it doesnt need to smell like taste:D

oh shit wait...you cant taste anything if you have a bunged up nose never mind no nose...:stunned:

erm...

id probably take a guess at saying that its trained its other senses to a point where it doesnt need to smell like taste:D

oh shit wait...you cant taste anything if you have a bunged up nose never mind no nose...:stunned:

erm...

how does the dog smell?

like stale water!

:LOL: :LOL:

How do you make every one of your posts a lesson in irony?

and

Where do you get all these superlatives from? Can you find any substantiating quote of mine? Having to clarify every statement of mine because of your abysmal comprehension is so low.

EDIT:

No, just that bit. Fortunately we don't need to deal with that, he's a singler and that's part of why he's the best.

What? I mean what I say....I could find quotes, yes, but when I know what you said, why dig though pages of crap?

Yes, Theodores talent would be shot to hell if he used double bass. And that just prooves the ignorance of your initial statement. Hating TMV if the music fits and double bass is used, yet all the while stressing how important a band they are for using creativity. Again, contradiction.

BTW, a whole community of drummers agrees : Link

And because you will say "that is utterly sad that you must bring this up on another forum to clarify your point", I will now say that, because many bands today use double bass, it is a good subject to talk about. Its not about how fast you can play, its about musicality. Watch some of Lang's new DVD and tell me that his double bass isn't musical.

Mmmmmm...interesting debate.

err...my dog's got no nose :$

Well then, I have prooved my point Niles. I have sparked an interest in other people, while maintaining my position. So, contrary to what you said, apparantly people do give a damn.

And thats preposterious! :eek:

BTW, a whole community of drummers agrees : Link

And because you will say "that is utterly sad that you must bring this up on another forum to clarify your point", I will now say that, because many bands today use double bass, it is a good subject to talk about. Its not about how fast you can play, its about musicality. Watch some of Lang's new DVD and tell me that his double bass isn't musical.

Right, well it seems split doesn't it. Not only on this board but PDF too.

If you're into heavy music then you appreciate the need for double bass. Good.

If you're into Muse-esque (good ;) ) music, then you appreciate the fact that any 'complex double patterns' except 16ths and 32nd notes can be played on one foot. And why would we want to play 16ths and 32nd notes - it's obvious that that style of playing does not fit in with this type of music.

agreed?

'cause personally I can't remember why you're arguing!

...and me putting 'good' with a 'cheeky wink' wasn't there to fuel an argument - it was simply put for light hearted jest....(just to save my back).. ;)

So Niles, how was your day?

If you're into Muse-esque (good ;) ) music, then you appreciate the fact that any 'complex double patterns' except 16ths and 32nd notes can be played on one foot. And why would we want to play 16ths and 32nd notes - it's obvious that that style of playing does not fit in with this type of music.

agreed?

...and me putting 'good' with a 'cheeky wink' wasn't there to fuel an argument - it was simply put for light hearted jest....(just to save my back).. ;)

You Suck...

<3!:p

agreed?

Eh, I dunno. Nobody else has flat out dismissed it altogether. But to each his cup 'o tea!

I like bands on both sides of the spectrum. Muse has simple, yet powerful drum beats. Dream Theater has complex beats that fit the music well. Neither drummer would be a good choice for the opposing band, because they have different shoes to fill. Now I am not one to like straight 'buddabuddabudda' double bass drumming...in fact I personally can't tolerate more than about 40 seconds of it. But just because I don't like one aspects dosne't make me say that anything with double bass is crap.

And no offense taken - I got the smiley face :p

Just for the record ..my dog smells terrible....Bud Dah Dish !!! I thank yeew !!

And Adam...make your rmind up...daughter or mother ? ...you can't have both :D

Kazzie...watch that Adam..one minute he is worshipping your picture on his signature..the next he is sniffing round yer mum...and I thought I was bad. :) So er...your mum...(looks in mirror and styles hair)...is she er...you..know...!!

Back to the serious bit though it is good to see lively debate on such a matter...as long as there is no long lasting upset or resentment etc. Us Drummers have to put up with enough crap from the other "musicians" so best we stick together. But I still personally remain unconvinced of the need or desire to hear Double pedalled bass, well certainly in the form I know of (maybe I have not been exposed to the whole scope of that genre of music) but I do feel that some drummers feel if they pad out the track with incessant beating then that is acceptable and what people want. But I reckon they are missing out on an opportunity to make a much more listenable track by not filling out the drum track in other areas.

Anyway, purely my personal opinion and I am far from the best authority on that subject.....but I am bigger and older than you lot so what I say goes :D

Did I hear a BBQ mentioned ?....I like my burgers burnt ta !!!

Just for the record ..my dog smells terrible....Bud Dah Dish !!! I thank yeew !!

Kazzie...watch that Adam..one minute he is worshipping your picture on his signature..the next he is sniffing round yer mum...and I thought I was bad. :) So er...your mum...(looks in mirror and styles hair)...is she er...you..know...!!

ohh don't worry, I'm keeping a close eye on him this weekend! one wrong move and he is grounded :p

:LOL: :LOL:

Back to the serious bit though it is good to see lively debate on such a matter...as long as there is no long lasting upset or resentment etc. Us Drummers have to put up with enough crap from the other "musicians" so best we stick together. But I still personally remain unconvinced of the need or desire to hear Double pedalled bass, well certainly in the form I know of (maybe I have not been exposed to the whole scope of that genre of music) but I do feel that some drummers feel if they pad out the track with incessant beating then that is acceptable and what people want. But I reckon they are missing out on an opportunity to make a much more listenable track by not filling out the drum track in other areas.

Anyway, purely my personal opinion and I am far from the best authority on that subject.....but I am bigger and older than you lot so what I say goes :D

i agree with you completely....and i represent the 19 year old demographic.

one burnt burger it is! :D

anyone else up for a "ban niles from kit and tab" petition

Mate.. oh no wait youll have a witty remark as how im not ur mate..

Niles

ever since u joined, all you have done is insistied you were god.

you do everyones head in

you're rude

you think you're somthing no one can be, better than any one person

and your massive messages are so annoying to look at, especially considering theyre all bitching about somones posts

sort it out..

anyone else up for a "ban niles from kit and tab" petition

Mate.. oh no wait youll have a witty remark as how im not ur mate..

Niles

ever since u joined, all you have done is insistied you were god.

you do everyones head in

you're rude

you think you're somthing no one can be, better than any one person

and your massive messages are so annoying to look at, especially considering theyre all bitching about somones posts

sort it out..

fuel the fire why dontchya! :rolleyes:

QUICK! This things gonna BLOW!!!! :eek:

She blows does she ? In that case stick with the daughter mate, yer on to a winner ;)

Nah...leave Niles alone...not that he needs me to support him or to fight his corner...but he has been nothing but helpful to me. Maybe I have not waved the red rag to the bull and incurred his wrath but I am all for good debate and lively conversation so as long as things don't get out of hand then this thread would be missing something if characters like him were not around.

Any onions to go with that burger ?

So.... What is everyones favourite drum solo?

;)

Any one without double bass pedal rythyms in !!!!!....<scarpers>

And Jon...where it mentions "signature auto-cropped for excessive size" on your post....are they reffering to the size of the image or the size of .......never mind....:stunned:

Any one without double bass pedal rythyms in !!!!!....<scarpers>

And Jon...where it mentions "signature auto-cropped for excessive size" on your post....are they reffering to the size of the image or the size of .......never mind....:stunned:

It's Kev being a pervert :noey:....

:LOL:

I still personally remain unconvinced of the need or desire to hear Double pedalled bass, well certainly in the form I know of (maybe I have not been exposed to the whole scope of that genre of music) but I do feel that some drummers feel if they pad out the track with incessant beating then that is acceptable and what people want. But I reckon they are missing out on an opportunity to make a much more listenable track by not filling out the drum track in other areas.

Good to know a debate isn't going without some new knowledge :)

And I agree with what you said.