i now have some new gear. 22" meinl byzance crash, 10" meinl byzance splash and a 14" pearl masters maple shell snare. The sex. :yesey:

ooooh nice. want!

I'm thinking about selling my double kick since I never use it. Hm... it might come in handy once in a while but generally I don't like using it. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THEM THOUGH. :LOL:

I'm assuming no one here wants it? :LOL: DW 5000, good condition.

i now have some new gear. 22" meinl byzance crash, 10" meinl byzance splash and a 14" pearl masters maple shell snare. The sex. :yesey:

I came. 22" of crash? :eek: You are my hero. I got 18 and 19 and they are too small for me. I'm thinking of getting 19 and 21 when I break these (and I probably will).

I came. 22" of crash? :eek: You are my hero. I got 18 and 19 and they are too small for me. I'm thinking of getting 19 and 21 when I break these (and I probably will).

Haha its bloody epic!

I do also have a 24" ride, 19" china and 15" hats all meinl byzance. Got the set! Lol but im not using them. The 24" ride is massive! Lol

oh eye dunno I think Yamaha and Sonor make little jungle kits just for that purpose.

EDIT: Yami does, this is the little whatsy Dom was playing on in that video where he was plying on the little whatsy http://www.massmusic.net/shop/?shop=1&cat=1597&cart=9999078

ooooh nice. want!

I'm thinking about selling my double kick since I never use it. Hm... it might come in handy once in a while but generally I don't like using it. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THEM THOUGH. :LOL:

I'm assuming no one here wants it? :LOL: DW 5000, good condition.

5000? I thought you had a DW OVER9000!

Edited by Niles

I wonder why they haven't started making differently sized pedals for smaller/bigger feet. Or why not make the ground plate adjustable and offer a selection of various foot plates?

Actually, I think they might do that for DW? Not sure though. Or... you could make your Iron Cobra a longboard pedal..? :LOL:

Haha, and I made this crappy video the other day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gda00NrALrk

It's sort of hard to play while filming!

oh eye dunno I think Yamaha and Sonor make little jungle kits just for that purpose.

EDIT: Yami does, this is the little whatsy Dom was playing on in that video where he was plying on the little whatsy http://www.massmusic.net/shop/?shop=1&cat=1597&cart=9999078

5000? I thought you had a DW OVER9000!

Cheers dude, it was for my brother y'see... He ended up getting a used DW of some sort. No idea what but it was a custom three-piece shell pack in wine red with gold hardware :D £950 with cases

29062008003.jpg

29062008004.jpg

29062008005.jpg

29062008006.jpg

29062008007.jpg

29062008008.jpg

29062008009.jpg

29062008010.jpg

29062008011.jpg

100_6910.jpg

100_6913.jpg

Jet black 6 piece Pearl Forum kit:

18"x22" Bass,

12"x10" Rack Tom,

13"x11" Rack Tom,

14"x15" Floor Tom,

16"x16" Floor Tom

14"x5.5" Pearl Masters 6ply Maple snare drum in Silver Sparkle (bit of a story behind this ;))

The resonant heads on all drums are the default Pearl ones, the snare batter head is a Remo Ambassador, the toms batter heads are Remo Pinstripes, and the Bass batter head is an Evans Emad. I put Remo O-rings on the drums to dampen the over-tones but not when playing live.

The cymbals are:

22" Meinl Byzance Crash,

10" Meinl Byzance Splash,

14" Zildjian K Custom Special Dry Hi-hats,

10" Diamond Splash,

18" Zildjian A Custom Crash,

19" Zildjian A Custom Crash,

20" Zildjian ZBT Ride,

18" Zildjian Oriental China Trash,

Hardware includes:

Drum trigger,

TD3 Drum module,

Tama Iron Cobra Single Bass Drum Pedal,

Tama Iron Cobra Hi Hat Pedal,

Tama First Drum Stool (with Backrest),

Cowbell,

Stick Holder Clamp,

18″ Industrial Chrome Floor Fan,

Promark 5BN sticks

And yes, that is a Knex rollercoaster in my room! :LOL:

The last 2 pics are in Chris' room (the_man) and is where we practice. So you can see all our rack mounted gear too. :)

Edited by ADAM

OK.

I decided, I know I can get a good sound out of decent acrylic drums. I love playing drums. And as much as I love playing drums, I also love the look of drums. Its not because I want to "look like dom". I simply love them, and I dont care what anyone thinks, its not your money so please don't dig at me.

Kirchhoff Drums. - I read an article, and I found them by chance on Thomann. Apparently Tama and Sonor have taken their ideas from this brand. They are said to sound amazing and ive checked out sound clips online. The drums are nowhere near as expensive as Tamas Starclassic Mirage, and its easier to customise a kit online for cheaper.

drum_arctic7000.jpg

heres the spec kit I wanted to get.

14.5 x 5.5 Snare

12 x 9 Tom

14 x 14 Tom

16 x 16 Tom

22" Bass Drum

The hardware is not supplied as I am buying all of the drums seperately, so I was thinking of Gibraltar or Tama hardware. I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this make of drums? The spec above will cost me roughly £1200 P+P.

Heres a link to an article on Drummer's Digest:

http://www.drummersdigest.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=245&Itemid=29

And Heres a link to an audio sample of the kit:

http://www.drummersdigest.com/audio/kirchhoff/22x20.mp3

its obviously alot of money, so sorry for repeating myself but I wanted to make sure that its worth it 100%. THANKS!

Acrylic hoops?? Wow, I've never seen that before (I don't think it's a very good idea though). I doubt that Tama got their ideas on acrylic kits from those guys. All modern acrylics are the same (no joke, every shell, except Sonor X-Rays and those ones, is sourced from one of two major manufacturers), which are pretty much copies of the original Zickos shells, with some much needed structural improvements. Those are even better than Tamas and en par with Sonors.

Edited by Niles

Tbh that looks pretty failure to me. Firstly it's a Mirage (read hideously overpriced Gold N Times shells), secondly the colour combo makes baby jesus cry, lastly it's got a billion times more components than a proper drum kit should. If Portnoys drums hooked up with Barkers, that would be their lovechild (a troubling image, no?)

im starting to hate mine. Too small for my foot! Lol

Size 9 rprznt kekekekeke

Edited by Niles