For recording - Drum Workshop (Maple)

For live - Tama Starclassic Maple

He uses:

Drums

22" x 18" Bass Drum

12" x 8" Rack Tom

14" x 12" Floor Tom

16" x 14" Floor Tom

20" x 14" Gong Bass Drum (used in "Map of The Problematique")

14" x 5" / 14" x 5" Snare drums - various models including Ludwig Black Beauty, Tama Starclassic, Yamaha (not sure about that one) and some others - there's lots lol

Cymbals:

8" A Custom Splash

11" Oriental Trash Splash

14" K Custom Dry Hats (used to use 13" A Custom Projection Hats)

18" Oriental China Trash

18" A Custom Crash / K Dark Crash

19" A Custom Crash / K Dark Crash

20" Oriental Crash of Doom

22" K Custom Ride / 22" K Custom Medium Ride

(He changes his crashes between concerts and in recording.)

He also uses Remo heads on the majority of his drums (exceptions like his Black Beauty which has an Aquarian skin) and Tama Hardware. The sticks he uses tend to vary from time to time but currently it looks like he is using Vater's New Orleans Jazz sticks. He tends to go for a weight which aprox. is 5B...

This is as far as I know really, but if it's wrong I'm sorry - there hasn't really been an official release of his gear for a long time and the majority/all of the above is from observations.

So I hope this helps any of you who wanted to know. :)

5B..Mmm

I use 5A's. Meh. I had 5B's and I always liked the 5A's more for some reason.

Is it just me or is the bass drum for Assassin really hard? I don't know if it's me, my pedal, or how I set up the tension. I haven't really messed with the spring tension since I got the pedal... :LOL:

Oh yeah, and I'm looking to buy new hi-hats. I used my crappy B8's at school once and I was embarrassed at how bad they sounded, haha. The "chick" sound is horrible. And my technique with my left foot sucks since I always hate using my hi-hat since it sounds so... sh*tty.

What's the cheapest pair of hats I can get that still sound kinda... decent? Or should I just save up for some mastersounds or something... heh.

Is it just me or is the bass drum for Assassin really hard? I don't know if it's me, my pedal, or how I set up the tension. I haven't really messed with the spring tension since I got the pedal... :LOL:

Oh yeah, and I'm looking to buy new hi-hats. I used my crappy B8's at school once and I was embarrassed at how bad they sounded, haha. The "chick" sound is horrible. And my technique with my left foot sucks since I always hate using my hi-hat since it sounds so... sh*tty.

What's the cheapest pair of hats I can get that still sound kinda... decent? Or should I just save up for some mastersounds or something... heh.

Hi-Hats rarely come cheap, since they're essentially 2 cymbals.

I'd recommend Zildjian K Custom Special Dry 'Hats...the choke on that is possibly orgasmic. :happy:

yep. its hard! :LOL:

...and 8D's! :eek:

What are they like! Im a n00b at the stick grading - ill read that page tmoz haha

yep. its hard! :LOL:

...and 8D's! :eek:

What are they like! Im a n00b at the stick grading - ill read that page tmoz haha

8Ds???? That must be some wafer-thin stuff there! :LOL:

To put stick grading in a nutshell:

Number = thickness of the stick The smaller the number, the thicker the stick. The exception is between 2 and 3, where 3 is BIGGER than 2, so it would go (thin-to-thick) 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 2, 3. I'm not sure 1's exist, but I would imagine they'd be like holding mini-tree trunks. lol

Letter = stick's application. S = Street playing (marching bands), B = Bands (brass bands and so on), A = Orchestras.

8Ds???? That must be some wafer-thin stuff there! :LOL:

To put stick grading in a nutshell:

Number = thickness of the stick The smaller the number, the thicker the stick. The exception is between 2 and 3, where 3 is BIGGER than 2, so it would go (thin-to-thick) 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 2, 3. I'm not sure 1's exist, but I would imagine they'd be like holding mini-tree trunks. lol

Letter = stick's application. S = Street playing (marching bands), B = Bands (brass bands and so on), A = Orchestras.

so what does D stand for?

death metal?

Yea, you gotta have some quick doubles for the beginning of assassin! I have trouble doing the snare fills (when to com in).

I got Sabian XS20 Hi-hats. They're Cast metal, but at the price of sheet metal cymbals. They actually sound really good, so if you get the chance, check em out, I think I got em for about $130

so what does D stand for?

death metal?

Well, back in the early days of drumming, not may people could remember what these objects were called, so they put "D" for "Drumstick!" :D

Yea, you gotta have some quick doubles for the beginning of assassin! I have trouble doing the snare fills (when to com in).

I got Sabian XS20 Hi-hats. They're Cast metal, but at the price of sheet metal cymbals. They actually sound really good, so if you get the chance, check em out, I think I got em for about $130

Well, back in the early days of drumming, not may people could remember what these objects were called, so they put "D" for "Drumstick!" :D

roflcakes.

so im unsing orchestral sticks? :eek:

Well, if the letter's an A, then yes.

But to be honest, when it comes to rock drumming, no one really takes notice of what the sticks are ACTUALLY made for, mainly because it doesn't matter (as long as they don't snap upon first striking the hi-hats or something :LOL: ).